• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

Wow that is sort of a bullshit elimination... had no idea GUT was going to get screwed out of a good lap there.

RoKKeR

Ok clearly Haas has fucked up here and I want to see them do well as an American, but as one of the NBCSN commentators just said "the new format is not about performance, it's about strategy and timing."

That is stupid.

Lach

I don't know. Maybe they first have to become adjusted to the new system but at the moment it really does seem stupid!

Wow, the new format is so exciting with all the drivers in dangers of being kicked out are on track pulling fast laps like nothing.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ok clearly Haas has fucked up here and I want to see them do well as an American, but as one of the NBCSN commentators just said "the new format is not about performance, it's about strategy and timing."

That is stupid.

It is, because it is about performance under pressure

lol what? Grosjean got fucked by the timer, too? Did the team even know that flying laps didn't count? Because they spaced the cars as if flying laps did count.

Chris R

I don't know. Maybe they first have to become adjusted to the new system but at the moment it really does seem stupid!

System is brilliant, teams are just not used to it now, Haas car should have been out 30 seconds earlier.

Tons of cars on track Q1, when was the last time we saw this much action when it wasn't variable weather conditions?

Chris R

Man, I love this.

Teams are STUPID though. Maybe they learn for Q2 or maybe we need to wait for the next race. Can't keep sending the cars out this late to get a good lap in idiots.

Draconian

I love how flying laps all of a sudden count at the end of the session for no apparent reason though. Nice logic and consistency with the rules there guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom