• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
The big flaw here is that McLaren and Ferrari are so fast the others teams have no chance of getting ahead of them anyways. And McLaren for Ferrari too
McLaren?

What year is it.jpg.

Anyway, Hamilton kicks it. Rosberg 2nd. I'm going back to bed. More tyres or change this format asap.

Zeknurn

The underlying problem is that the field isn't competitive. Why would Ferrari go out when they're 8 tenths behind in one lap pace?

Fucking engine formula. Shut it all down.

Aiii

So not worth it
McLaren?

What year is it.jpg.

Anyway, Hamilton kicks it. Rosberg 2nd. I'm going back to bed. More tyres or change this format asap.

Mercedes has been tied to McLaren for too long, I'm old, I have a hard time adjusting.

Hasney

Think the best system would be Q1 and 2 in this elimination format, but Q3 shiould be a straught shootout, that didn't work.

2819822_o.gif

Upinsmoke

Also why don't we just have two separate championships? One for Mercedes and one for the rest.

There's actually no point continuing if you want to win a race because barring an accident to both Mercedes cars or a mechanical failure there gonna be 1-2 every week.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The underlying problem is that the field isn't competitive. Why would Ferrari go out when they're 8 tenths behind in one lap pace?

Even with a competitive field, the number of laps would be limited by that damn tyre situation. It's impossible to create a sequence of fights against impending elimination if the tires only allow for 1-2 attempts in total.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Mercedes has been tied to McLaren for too long, I'm old, I have a hard time adjusting.
Don't worry, as a Formula 1 fan of 21 years, I can only wish that McLaren were up there again!

Anyway, I defended these new rules. I am a complete idiot.

In the old format he would still run a fast lap at the end and possible beat Rosberg at least.

Mohonky

Haha this is funny in a farcical way.

Qualifying was sorted in the first few minutes. Hell qualifying was still going and every driver bar 2 was on the scales.

Rosberg put in a good lap but man Hamilton banging the laps in.

RoKKeR

What a fucking disaster.

Glad I stayed up for this shit!

Won't bother watching quali this year if the format stays.

Staab

lol guys, this is so bad it's gotten funny.
I'm actually laughing like a maniac at this goddamn shitshow.

Formula 1 : Comic relief 2016

Aiii

So not worth it
Q1 and Q2 were fine, Q3 is gonna be changed to the old format, all is fine.

It was worth a try, I enjoyed the first 2 sessions.

yami4ct

Well, that was weird. If the goal was to mixup the final grid, it failed at that. If the goal was to make quali more exciting, it failed at that. I'm not completely opposed to a new quali method, but that didn't work.

oipic

I don't think anything happened there that couldn't be predicted by running a good number of simulations or hypothesising scenarios. Surely all concerned did that?

First knee-jerk reaction might be to allow drivers to set times with completed laps started within each of the 90 second elimination periods. Or something.

Edit: In any case, they can't expect this format to lead to a busier track with cars continually circling if the change isn't coupled to throwing out any tyre restrictions... which of course they're not going to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom