• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken - Next Gen Immersion

I don't get the hate for this game at all. I feel like a lot of gamers nowadays have lost sight of what gaming is supposed to be about, which is having fun and being open to trying new and different things that are outside the usual. I get the feeling that if this was a graphical stunner to some people that alone would go a long way towards making people more open to everything the game is already doing. Much superior graphics alone would signal 'fun' or competence to people.

If nothing else, this game should get credit for the risks it takes. It takes some real creative risks, it's pretty damn ambitious in some areas that I like, such as traversal and magical combat. I see combat in this game as playing like a singleplayer story driven MMO, just with a lot of style and emphasis on traversal and magic.

The only aspect of what anybody has said negatively about this game that I'm inclined to agree with is that the dialogue seems pretty weak to bad, but all else doesn't strike me as being nearly as bad as it is being made out to be, especially visually. Is it different from what people would want or expect? Absolutely, but I don't find this game to be that terrible looking a game visually at all.

//DEVIL//

thinking of buying dual shock controller for pc. Hows is the native support on PC?
you still didn't ?? its awesome for the games it support it. which is plenty already. even COD has it :/. Playstation games I believe they do have it ( do not own a PS game on PC yet ).

ahtlas7

Now with xtra bling!
Really impress the npc’s when they see your playstation branded finger nails!
Where have your fingers been??
Only on PS5!

Aaron Olive

I don't get the hate for this game at all. I feel like a lot of gamers nowadays have lost sight of what gaming is supposed to be about, which is having fun and being open to trying new and different things that are outside the usual. I get the feeling that if this was a graphical stunner to some people that alone would go a long way towards making people more open to everything the game is already doing. Much superior graphics alone would signal 'fun' or competence to people.

If nothing else, this game should get credit for the risks it takes. It takes some real creative risks, it's pretty damn ambitious in some areas that I like, such as traversal and magical combat. I see combat in this game as playing like a singleplayer story driven MMO, just with a lot of style and emphasis on traversal and magic.

The only aspect of what anybody has said negatively about this game that I'm inclined to agree with is that the dialogue seems pretty weak to bad, but all else doesn't strike me as being nearly as bad as it is being made out to be, especially visually. Is it different from what people would want or expect? Absolutely, but I don't find this game to be that terrible looking a game visually at all.
It checks all the boxes

Cringe worthy
Convoluted
Boring
Broken
Over priced
Too Chatty
Ugly

denzel-washington-door.gif

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I don't get the hate for this game at all. I feel like a lot of gamers nowadays have lost sight of what gaming is supposed to be about
Sadly true. My favorite games for a while are Deep Rock Galactic and Sunset Overdrive.

Forspoken so far looks like a fun time.

Wish people would play games for the games themselves instead of focusing on the superficial nonsense like graphics instead of just having fun.

Nowadays with games I see all this media on telling you how to play the game, where to go and what build to play to min max your experience which kills the sense of discovery.

Instead of in-depth discussions on the various fandoms of these games it's all about graphics, comparisons to other games and sales numbers. All that garbage is so boring to me.

GymWolf

This game is going to be a cult classic and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Don't know about cult classic but when people on yt is gonna show how the game looks and play when skilled players have their hands on it, many people are gonna at least gave a second look.

It’s hard for me to have fun with any game that has this amount of input lag for starters. Secondly the enemies were boring to fight. The graphics arent that bad in the 4k mode except they are that bad due to blindingly overexposed lighting. The performance mode looks terrible thanks to being so low res.

GymWolf

It’s hard for me to have fun with any game that has this amount of input lag for starters. Secondly the enemies were boring to fight. The graphics arent that bad in the 4k mode except they are that bad due to blindingly overexposed lighting. The performance mode looks terrible thanks to being so low res.
I didn't had any noticeable input lag with the 120hz option turned on, motion blur off and raising stick sensitivity a bit.

Can't say that the rest is wrong tho, enemies have a boring design but some of them were not half bad to fight, especially the knights and bosses in the bridge area.

I had to turn hdr off do not have blinding lights, after doing that no problem, the game still looks rather mediocre tho.

Neilg

I enjoyed the demo, but the haptics and adaptive triggers in this game are the worst i've experienced on PS5 to date. They are a terrible implementation and the game plays significantly better with it turned off.

Don't know about cult classic but when people on yt is gonna show how the game looks and play when skilled players have their hands on it, many people are gonna at least gave a second look.
Yeah the gamers who actually appreciate fun and deep gameplay like DMC or Bayo fans will enjoy it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom