• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport is launching next Spring on Xbox and Xbox Game Pass (Xbox, PC, Cloud)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I watched both trailers a few times and I saw nothing about RT in replays only. This is what they stated:
"including techniques like real-time ray tracing on-track"

"Advanced materials and shaders paired with ray tracing bring out incredible detail in the gold heat wrap anodized aluminum and carbon fiber. Engine bays with their complex self-reflection is a place where ray tracing really shines"

"Using the power of the Xbox Series X and S consoles, ray tracing makes everything feel more connected. Cars reflecting onto other cars, cars reflecting in their own mirrors body work brake rotors and wings. Things just feel more natural"

"We believe that the accuracy of our overhauled physics, the beauty of our cars and tracks, our new dynamic time of day, advanced car damage and real-time ray tracing tracing on-track lead to a generational leap in immersion"

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

I always preferred Forza’s more western car lineup and selection of tracks. They finally did actual Motorsports elements like tire and fuel strategy. Their old formula just got real stale.

Hyped.

Not really expecting much from damage. They’ve always had scuffs and dents and just saying your suspension or engine is fucked.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Well, if they manage to cram in game raytracing on Series S I will be impressed.
Series S with in game RT , hopefully they talk about that version in the deep dives, those Series X screens look like a true generational leap so it's going to be interesting to see the Series S version or if there are multiple modes.
It did say captured in 4k in game but surely we can't get 4k, 60fps with RT at the same time?
I wonder if they are using any of the Xbox specific RDNA2 features.

Last edited:
Series S with in game RT , hopefully be they talk about that version in the deep dives, those Series X screens look like a true generational leap so it's going to be interesting to see the Series S version or if there are multiple modes.
It did say captured in 4k in game but surely we can't get 4k, 60fps with RT at the same time?
I wonder if they are using any of the Xbox specific RDNA2 features.
Why not? Doom Eternal does it.

ZywyPL

Banned
The damage system is the biggest surprise for me personally, I've already accepted long time ago that racing games will never have it again due to modern licencing terms, and now look at here, it's not just there but also very, very well executed.

Also, fully modeled 3D trees are a nice touch, can't fight the feeling T10 are lurking here on GAF and saw all the discussion about that particular aspect or racing sims ;)

Fox Mulder

The damage system is the biggest surprise for me personally, I've already accepted long time ago that racing games will never have it again due to modern licencing terms, and now look at here, it's not just there but also very, very well executed.

Also, fully modeled 3D trees are a nice touch, can't fight the feeling T10 are lurking here on GAF and saw all the discussion about that particular aspect or racing sims ;)

I believe the Assetto Corsa devs said in a stream that damage really isn’t a licensing thing most of the time. Developers just don’t see the benefit with the resources it takes and impact to frame rate. It also isn’t fun for a simulation really. Like sexy ray tracing and 4K graphics is flashier than a BeamNG crash model.

All they really showed was better looking paint scuffs and dents, stuff they’ve always had.

Jorav

I'll pass judgement when i'm playing either a demo or full game. Kinda bummed about the release date so far away. Enjoying my time with GT7, will be good to have another racing sim to play alongside it.

Senua

Looks great visually, I wish they showed more gameplay, some in car angles to see if they sorted out the driver arm animations, and went more in depth on the the most important aspect, the physics

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Looks great visually, I wish they showed more gameplay, some in car angles to see if they sorted out the driver arm animations, and went more in depth on the the most important aspect, the physics
Yeah they really need to up there animations in the cockpit, its soo stiff and unrealistic. And they say that they have overhauled the physics completely and made big changes that where not possible on last gen
"We've completely overhauled the core driving experience to take advantage of the power of the Xbox Series consoles. This includes a 48 times improvement in the fidelity of our physics simulation."

Yeah they really need to up there animations in the cockpit, its soo stiff and unrealistic. And they say that they have overhauled the physics completely and made big changes that where not possible on last gen
"We've completely overhauled the core driving experience to take advantage of the power of the Xbox Series consoles. This includes a 48 times improvement in the fidelity of our physics simulation."
Yeah the 48 times thing is a strange one 🤔

mortal

Gold Member
This is looking awesome. The car damage is much appreciated and will incentivize better driving imo.
Is the raytracing during actual gameplay or only in replays and outside of tracks like in GT7?

Looks really good so far, if they get these visuals and stick to their historical no-compromise 60fps on the consoles I'll be impressed.

Maple Valley looked great, nice to see an end to paper trees. Really nice to see the small detail stuff like the traffic cones bleeding light when the sun is behind them. RT will make a world of difference running in-game.

Some car models and material shaders are clearly much improved over current FM/FH games but some cars are clearly drag and drops from current games and are clearly still not up to GT standards (looking at the red Camaro's exposed engine parts)

Hope they start showing some more tracks. Fujimi Kaido needs to be in this game and there are tracks that have been on the FM.net wishlist threads for well over a decade now. I also want a more in-depth look at the pits. I don't care if I have animated people changing the tires, What I do care about is that the pits work properly. I want to know that I can choose everything that's getting done like fuel volume, individual tire changes, pressure adjustments, etc.

With 5+ years this needs to get hit out of the park, it's got the eye candy down, it just needs the racing itself buttoned down and all the small details ironed out.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
FORZA-MOTORSPORT-2.jpg

slowclap-shottas.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

urmie

Damn, talk about track side details getting an upgrade. The trees, crowds, fireworks, etc.!! The grass was literally growing during the time of day sequence. Plus weather on every single track!! We are also getting a new fictional Japanese track as well. I always felt fictional tracks allow for more imagination, stoked to race on it! The hype is real!

Even the website got an upgrade, didn't even realize it. https://forza.net/

"We also revealed Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit, a South African track making its Forza Motorsport debut, and the all-new Circuit Hakone set in Japan, an original, high-speed Grand Prix circuit built to showcase the technically advanced, state of the art immersion of the new Forza Motorsport."

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I hope to god Prague is in the game, seeing how Maple looks, Prague will be absolutely unreal.

I'm genuinely really impressed, definitely exceeded the expectations in all honesty.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I will probably only play about 30mins of it (not a big racing game fan) but it looks excellent. The visual comprimises racing games tend to have seem to be absent in this game.

If they manage in game RT @ 60fps that would be very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom