• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Journalists stepped in to defend Sweet Baby Inc. after curator page went viral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb

Gold Member
This whole debacle is hilarious. I’ll just assume all those articles are one sided/not very nuanced.

Let it burn!
YinShge.jpeg

Ozzie666

I take offense to anyone using the word 'Journalist' with any of these clowns. Especially when they say 'you can't be racist against white people?' trading one issue for another.

I did read or hear something interesting that this company is creating issues that the need fixing. Kind of like developing games that require Microtransactions.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Woke? Anti-woke? Both sides are becoming as bad as the other. Glad I am too old or dumb to get worked up over it.
I for one would describe myself as more like anti-shoehorning..

But yeah the agenda driven "sides" are indeed bad (I can't believe the right has become almost as lunatic as the left was/is, it's sad).

Fuck "urinalists" (and also fuck Trumpists for that matter).

Last edited:
Lol this really is Gamergate all over again - except this time around I don't think they're going to get away with it quite as easily. Far more people see through their bullshit now than back in 2014, when (ironically) websites like this one and Reddit were able to control the narrative and make it all about 'white male gamers' bad.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Multiple gaming journalists over the past 24 hours have begun to address the Sweet Baby Inc. page drama, which went and is still going viral on the past week after brazilian player @Krabutus created a curator page to track down games in which the consultant company Sweet Baby Inc worked on. The Page went viral and is still growing, currently amassing over 210k players as the writing of this topic,

But instead of just reporting on the subject, big gaming news publication have published articles in defense of Sweet Baby Inc, despite controversy surrounding it's business pratices. Some big news gaming outlets have come in their defemse, such as eurogamer and PCGamer.

Here are some examples:

SxgLmHC.png
LAD7JWU.png

gsMdCC5.png
10tQBOH.jpeg

One a Follow up to the viral status of the whole debacle, moderators of the Steam Page have confirmed that Valve has reached to the creators which led to the community posts getting locked
PCGamer trying to gaslight people: “The crazy mob is upset about the consultancy work”.

F%#kwits…

Renoir

So, did we find out if there Is any other companies that is poisoning the well?
I Also noticed that they are done going after comics and are more and more going after games to make movies, see the recent one Fallout. Is there a master company giving guidance to movies as well?

SJRB

Gold Member
Ah yes, the "allies". Take note of all these people, makes shunning them easier in the future.

If you think the DEI retards and their racist bullshit are bad, the ""journalists"" trying to gaslight you into thinking this is a good thing are arguably worse.

That PC Gamer thing is hilarious. "They're just doing their jobs, man. It's been a standard for years and now suddenly they are getting bullied. So mean".

Maybe write an article about how the ceo of Baby Inc literally calls for violence upon white people. Do some actual journalism, you soy-drinking purple-haired loser.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Ah yes, the "allies". Take note of all these people, makes shunning them easier in the future.

If you think the DEI retards and their racist bullshit are bad, the ""journalists"" trying to gaslight you into thinking this is a good thing are arguably worse.

That PC Gamer thing is hilarious. "They're just doing their jobs, man. It's been a standard for years and now suddenly they are getting bullied. So mean".

Maybe write an article about how the ceo of Baby Inc literally calls for violence upon white people. Do some actual journalism, you soy-drinking purple-haired loser.
I want them to Speedrun to “Gamergaters got this poor innocent female Nintendo employee fired just for having a part time job” this time.

Tangerine

Has a sleeping giant been awakened for real this time or just ready to go back to sleep? These hate filled narcissists will keep jamming diversity into our favourite games if we keep turning a blind eye to what they have been up for for a decade. Stop buying the games.

Talentless hacks. Diversity isn't the issue, it's the way they handle and implement it with the subtlety and respect of a shrieking 4 year old.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

games for me have become pretty useless and bland and uninspiring anyway, I know some here still clamber at the latest popular thing, but i can very easily these days just wait and possibly not buy it at all.

so if someone or a group of people out there track all this and can draw up a definitive list of what has been tainted then sure i'll skip them.

i mean even the "good" games on sweet babys list which are god of war and alan wake 2 , i could very easily have not played them... they are just games that exist at this point.

It's all junk food now, no substance. Talos principle two however, if i found out that was baby fiddled i'd be disappointed.

I can't be the only one who just so bored of the bland boring rehashes we keep getting over and over and over

Last edited:

Tangerine

It will all boil over this summer. People are beginning to snap more and more. They are being pushed to that state by critical race theory, DEI, LGBT activists and by white people stating their own race is scum. The focus on race is causing racism. Nothing is being done by the Biden admin to counter this destructive division being sown. They seem all for it actually. It's almost like they want different races at each other's throats. But that couldn't be the case, surely not!? Why would they want us to tear each other and the country apart? Is it just total ineptitude on the part of so many, that they can't see the damage they are doing?

Renoir

Well Damn. I guess there is no way of knowing. As far as i know games usually announce they Maker ... Vanilla Ware Publisher Atlus.
Im guessing all of us been going on gut feeling and feed back from GAF?
Cuz I been dodging games like Spiderman for a minute now.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

"Journalists"​

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Really, gaming doesn't have journalists, maybe reporters at best. These guys don't investigate or do anything remotely close to journalism, they are not allowed to, otherwise the company will shun them. And they don't want to either, otherwise we would have a substack of one of them actually doing it.

It will all boil over this summer. People are beginning to snap more and more. They are being pushed to that state by critical race theory, DEI, LGBT activists and by white people stating their own race is scum. The focus on race is causing racism. Nothing is being done by the Biden admin to counter this destructive division being sown. They seem all for it actually. It's almost like they want different races at each other's throats. But that couldn't be the case, surely not!? Why would they want us to tear each other and the country apart? Is it just total ineptitude on the part of so many, that they can't see the damage they are doing?
I couldn't tell you exactly - there are different forces at work. It's definitely an elitist vs populist thing though - as in regular people don't want this stuff, but academic/corporate/media types are still on board. There is a huge disconnect going on.

They've also made people really scared of admitting to any kind of belief or position that could be considered conservative or right-wing. So no matter how crazy shit gets on the left, the media refuses to acknowledge it. A massive scandal about the whole transgender movement and the treatment of children just broke on Twitter but the mainstream media is not covering it because it's considered a right-wing position - that's insanely dangerous and it's happening a lot.

Society is supposed to be a balance between left and right, not left = good, right = bad. That's giving one side way too much power, of course they are going to go mad and exploit it.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member

Regarding Anita:

GIGzqkAXAAAZFdp

This is the kind of people we're up against. They're just sad, really. You'd read about something like this in the weird section on page 21 of your local newspaper and go "huh, what a weirdo". Wouldn't give them a second glance in real life, so why would they deserve more online.

Absolute bottom of society-tier, accidentally given more power than they deserve thanks to an overly tolerant Western society.

YuLY

There was this new studio "Thats No Moon" that was making an AAA SP game with ex-EA people etc. I was curious what they were cooking, until I saw that Mitch Dyer is a writer there, that woke fuck from IGN that also made the atrocity story in that Star Wars dogfight game that came out 3years ago or something like. Even forgot that shit happened, that game came and went like it wasnt even there.

Then you see who is writing for the Wolverine game at Insomniac, it is just dire man, they have infiltrated everyone, it is like they cant find another job and they came to write in gaming. Why did it have to be gaming.

kyussman

I just hope the game publishers recognise how this stuff will destroy their profits before it's too late......unlike Disney who are determined to keep going with it despite loosing billions,lol.....as for these gaming sites,who fucking cares what they have to say about anything.

nush

Gold Member
Let's not forget that game localizers have been caught inserting their own activist views into Japanese titles for some time.

It's all connected.

zephiross

games for me have become pretty useless and bland and uninspiring anyway, I know some here still clamber at the latest popular thing, but i can very easily these days just wait and possibly not buy it at all.

so if someone or a group of people out there track all this and can draw up a definitive list of what has been tainted then sure i'll skip them.

i mean even the "good" games on sweet babys list which are god of war and alan wake 2 , i could very easily have not played them... they are just games that exist at this point.

It's all junk food now, no substance. Talos principle two however, if i found out that was baby fiddled i'd be disappointed.

I can't be the only one who just so bored of the bland boring rehashes we keep getting over and over and over
Man I got myself a steam deck the other day and up until now, i've used it almost exclusively to run older games on emulators. It really made me realise how bland and unispired and samey most of today's games are. Games really were more fun before.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
what 'anti-woke' labelling here? they just a sane gamers!
Normal tactics... if you are a radical group fighting for craziness you make the propaganda machine convince the neutral that the other opposite side is also or more radical... once you do that its easier to persuade some public opinions, pages from the book of any radical group in history.

Last edited:

dDoc

I have zero interest in playing SM2 because of the shit, woke side stories. Also them side lining Peter in favour of Miles going forward.

Now I know it was Sugary Infant's doing. Probs like Ragnarok's pink camp fire/Kratos' change of character and who knows what else.

I will vote with my wallet and avoid any game that Sugary Infant and any such "narrative" studio is involved in.

The best way to make changes with corporations is to hurt their bottom line. Voicing our distaste loudly for all this social engineering as well.

This video goes in more depth on who's involved, some surprises there.

Let those journalists eat a bag o' dicks!

What utter nonsense.

All those reasons why....

I know 1 why shit like this isn't needed:

GAMES WERE FINE WRITING WISE BEFORE THIS WOKE SHIT.
It's because a minority is screeching autistically, that this company even exists. They owe their existence to snowflakes and OF COURSE they will cater to them. COME ON!

Fuck the hell off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom