• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition |OT| Welcome back to the army, soldier

TaterTots

Banned
I've had fun with the game, but there are definitely issues. I miss aiming with the barrel. Grenades are weird and sponging is a thing. I feel like a lot of people have dropped the game due to the learning curve as well. The next installment should be a little more welcoming to new players, otherwise the community will not grow.

Omega

Banned
Im mad about the lack of playmodes. Wheres any variation of leader playlists like assassination?

That said 60fps is so good.there a list of all the characters? Im hoping bernie and tai are in.

They aren't. Neither is Valera =(
I always used her in 3.

Level 5: Samantha Byrne
Level 7: Kantus
Level 10: Chairman Prescott
Level 12: Miner
Level 15: Dizzy Wallin
Level 17: Beast Rider
Level 20: Clayton Carmine
Level 23: Spotter
Level 25: Jace Stratton
Level 27: Flame Grenadier
Level 30: Commando Dom
Level 35: Savage Grenadier
Level 40: Golden gear
Level 45: Hunter Elite
Level 50: Mechanic Baird
Level 55: Dizzy Wallin Farmer
Level 60: Benjamin Carmine

Sonwhen the hell do i get to see more than just 5 maps. It's Fuel Depot, Canals over and over. And over

At least you get Gears maps. I keep getting Gold Rush and Sanctuary..

I'm looking at this list of maps now. I had no idea most of these were even in the game.

Pachimari

I just bought this game, but when I try play Versus, it just says that my Xbox One isn't connected online, and now I can't see my friends on the dashboard either. I'm super confused as to how to navigate around and test if I'm online - as I just played Arena Slayer in Halo 5. Bought my Xbox One last week, so I'm really new to this.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought this game, but when I try play Versus, it just says that my Xbox One isn't connected online, and now I can't see my friends on the dashboard either. I'm super confused as to how to navigate around and test if I'm online - as I just played Arena Slayer in Halo 5. Bought my Xbox One last week, so I'm really new to this.

sometimes that dash doesn't load properly but you can refresh it by pressing LT + LB + RT + RB together when you're back on the dash

to check if you're online go to the setting and then network. There's a bunch of useful stuff in there but it should tell you right away if you're online and if there are any xbl errors that might be causing issues.

failing all that it might just be the game. It does that sometimes.

After getting stomped horribly in the social playlist (which I maybe mistakenly misinterpreted? I thought these games would be more casual level play), I've started getting a lot more out of the Blitz in the other play list. I'd definitely recommend newcomers try out in there, had a few really fun games earlier.

Draconian

After getting stomped horribly in the social playlist (which I maybe mistakenly misinterpreted? I thought these games would be more casual level play), I've started getting a lot more out of the Blitz in the other play list. I'd definitely recommend newcomers try out in there, had a few really fun games earlier.

That's pretty funny because I've stuck to the social playlist because I assumed you'd run into less teams of 4 guys partied up. Maybe I'll switch over to ranked.

That's pretty funny because I've stuck to the social playlist because I assumed you'd run into less teams of 4 guys partied up. Maybe I'll switch over to ranked.

Haha, I know. I think there's a weird sense to it, due to the playlists. Competitive and social TDM got merged into just social TDM? So high level players for TDM are all in the social list or something( this is going off the official forums chat). Definitely give it a shot though, I was have a really good time yesterday. Goddamn live going down, went exactly through my window online today, no halo 5 or gears for me today.

Also, as Kordelle just mentioned, you get real decent xp in Blitz, as well as it being pretty fun.

FLAguy954

Apparently they saw more people playing Blitz so they nixed KoTH in their recent playlist consolidation.

Killed the game for me.

It makes sense to keep the more popular mode of course.

But god damn I've spent way too much time over the years playing KOTH. King is Gears to me, plain and simple.

Gears 1 was Execution.
Gears 2 was KOTH
Gears 3 was KOTH
Gears UE, since launch, until Halo 5 came out, was KOTH.

Really disappointing.

Are you fucking kidding me?! I live for KOTH (and I've been waiting patiently to get in on the action on PC). If this is true, fuck man, I won't be able to support this...

Haines

Banned
I was kind of excited for this remake but ended up skipping it, due to playing the beta and remembering how hard gears was online. Even when i played a metric ton of it i was bad.

but im def excited for the new one. Its a shame it will be held back by xbone hardware, gears was always setting the bar in graphics..

Do we know exactly when we will start receiving our codes? Or will they auto show up in download list? The reason I ask is I use an old email for my account wondering if I should update it

I am downloading Gears of War 3 to my XBO as we speak - intrigued to see how it feels in comparison to UE.

Does anyone else feel like ranking up in this game is too slow? There's not enough unlocks either.

I'm level 40. Have a K/D of 2.7 and a W/L of over four.

It takes ages to level up and I feel like, other than playing for the sheer enjoyment, I don't have anything left to accomplish.

Draconian

I can't tell what drives me up the wall more about this game. Is it the insane grenade explosion radius where if you're even in the vacinity of a grenade, you're going down or getting stunned? Or is it the terrible sticky cover where at random points in the game it super glues you to a wall and you can hit the thumbstick and A about three or four times before it finally decides to let you go?

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Still have a hard time finding games. I've actually switched over to Asia now to find a game but it's laggy. So much for dedicated servers. I think I'm about ready to give up on this game.

emptyroom

Neo Member
Jumped back in after a little break. Man it's annoying when people join the lobby look the other teams ranks and leave. I almost wish you couldn't see the other team like Halo 5.

Is there a particular section on Gears 3 campaign that is bad that I can check? When I played it on Thursday I didn't have any issues that I noted (tried some campaign on normal and insane)

Multiplayer is a good start IMO

Or final boss or lambent zerker

I played it on normal on the Anvil Gate bit, first defending the people outside the base then the Lambent Zerker and a little bit afterwards, I didn't find anything like that.

Then I started from the beginning with some friends on insane and outside of being rusty as hell it seemed fine. I will go back and try it and also some multiplayer

had some buddies try to play some Gears2 with us last night on thier XB1's. they all complained about "something being off". they later hoped on 360 and the problem went away.

I hope this is something that can be fixed with better emulation. has the BC thread shed any light on more games with this kind of problem?

Dibils2k

yeah my guess is people who dont see a problem are people that werent very good at the MP (no offense) and cant see the difference it has on their play. just moving the camera seems off, its not framedrops (althought it does have that too).. its the floaty feel that can only be described as input lag imo

Allforce

Received mine too but I find it strange that Gears of War 3 is missing. Hopefully we will receive it later on.

I got Gears 3 when the new console OS update went out, which is weird since I never bought Gears 3 digitally, but I did play UE back when it launched.

Played through the entire DLC for Gears 3 too, it comes with every piece of DLC ever released.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Hi all

Surprise and good news! Just an update on the Gears Collection tokens for Ultimate Edition players. These have started going out today. You should be receiving two separate messages with codes. One will be for Gears 1 & 2 and another will be for Gears 3 & Judgment. These will take a little while to arrive in your Xbox Messages so please be patient while they arrive. You can see if they arrived by checking your messages on your Xbox One.

If you have any issues or questions, we highly recommend you read our now updated FAQ. There will be support links to Xbox Support as well as a forum for any questions you may have regarding the keys and backwards compatibility.

FAQ: https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/games/gears-of-war-ultimate-edition/backwards-compatibility

Thanks and enjoy!

DedValve

Banned
Hi all

Surprise and good news! Just an update on the Gears Collection tokens for Ultimate Edition players. These have started going out today. You should be receiving two separate messages with codes. One will be for Gears 1 & 2 and another will be for Gears 3 & Judgment. These will take a little while to arrive in your Xbox Messages so please be patient while they arrive. You can see if they arrived by checking your messages on your Xbox One.

If you have any issues or questions, we highly recommend you read our now updated FAQ. There will be support links to Xbox Support as well as a forum for any questions you may have regarding the keys and backwards compatibility.

FAQ: https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/games/gears-of-war-ultimate-edition/backwards-compatibility

Thanks and enjoy!

All the maps too? I already have gears 3 and have been rocking that day 1 (ultimate was sadly a disappointment for me) but I'm in for gears judgement as I've never played that and maybe gears 2 for the nostalgia of the awesome maps
and better tai kaliso skin

I wonder if I still get my gears 2 golden gun.

I got a code for Gears 1 which I already have. Quote this post if you want it (I will PM it to you) :)

EDIT: Nevermind. I'll just post this in another thread. I don't think there's anyone here who needs this code :)

I finally got around to checking out my copy of GoW:UE. Man, it is taking me back! I am finding SP to still be a thrill ride. And it's like riding a bicycle: I remember all of the emergence holes so far and am ready to deploy my tried-and-true strategies in each area. :D

As for the BC titles, do you have to play MO to get the codes? Or is Campaign good enough?

The torque bow, sniper rifle and grenades are your best friends in the Raam fight.

Unload all your torques into him as quick as you can. Once you've ran out, he'll have probably moved from the side of the train (he will go to a random side at the start) to the centre in front of the piece of cover where he begins the fight.

At this point, throw all four of your grenades at his feet and switch to the sniper and get as many hits in as you can.

Now, it's case of making the most of every time he sends his kyrll at you by bling firing or pop shot-ing him with the sniper.

He will slowly make his way towards you at which point the make or break moment of the fight happens - you have to move from one end of the train to the other.

The good news is there's plenty of cover, the bad news is he will kill you in a second if you get caught.

My advice is to make the move after he's finished a prolonged period of firing as you actually have a bit more time than you think to make it to the other end.

Then it's just a case of taking your chances.

In the end I had to make my way back to the other side of the train again... more surprisingly I made it ha
I am not looking forward to this fight on Insane.

I have completed Gears Of War Judgement on Xbox One and it was a chore to complete due to the very low frame rate dips (I was bored as you can tell). Is there going to be an update to fix this? Also, are the frame rate dips bad in Gears 1,2,3 on Xbox One?

I still have no problems finding matches.

Gears 3 BC us a fucking joke though. MP is unplayable with that sideshow fucking framerate. So god damn choppy even after the update.

Stick to UE for multiplayer folks.

blakep267

After playing halo 5, I think I'd like to see a war zone type mode for Gears 4. Maybe 8v8 with grinders and boomers spawning here and there

I need to get my hands on ultimate edition while it's on sale, is there a way for me to buy the $15 digital code on amazon from the UK without having to faff about with billing?

Top Bottom