• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V Official 60fps PC Trailer Coming Thursday April 2nd

bud23

Grand Theft Auto V PC at 60 Frames-Per-Second: Official Trailer Coming Thursday April 2 10am ET

actual_1427815984.jpg

This Thursday April 2 at 10am ET (7am PT / 3pm BST), look for a special Grand Theft Auto V PC 60 Frames-Per-Second Trailer to debut exclusively here at rockstargames.com.

For the best viewing experience, please make sure to watch on the most recent generation device and/or browser.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ft-auto-v-pc-at-60-frames-per-second-official

Countdown timer

bla_1427983200.png

Anarion07

I really don't get these announcements for PC games.
It all depends on your hardware, doesn't it?

edit: oh it's just about the trailer..nevermind.

Hope the required specs to run at 60fps consistently aren't astronomical and that the game performs better than GTA4, because that one never felt like 60fps.

Dinjoralo

Why is the comments section so full of malignant, concentrated stupid in every post I read on Rockstar's website?
Well, It's nice to see them confirm the trailer will be at 60 FPS. I doubt they'll make it at anything higher than 1080p, but what can you do.

Tovarisc

Kinda no brainer to do 60FPS video/trailer if you have hardware to run the game and record while maintaining it. So how this is huge deal, what am I missing here?

Hope the required specs to run at 60fps consistently aren't astronomical and that the game performs better than GTA4, because that one never felt like 60fps.
The recommended specs are surprisingly tame and I doubt it'll run anywhere near as badly as GTA IV because it seems like RS actually gives a shit about this PC version

Seanspeed

Banned
Kinda no brainer to do 60FPS video/trailer if you have hardware to run the game and record while maintaining it. So how this is huge deal, what am I missing here?
Huge game, PC gamers have been waiting forever for this, and 60fps trailers are quite uncommon.

It's not a huge deal, but it's something some of us will be excited for. If you're not, feel free to move along.

Dinjoralo

I think it's just that we're the closest to the current release date than we have been before the last couple delays. It seems like finally, we won't have the game yanked away from us the moment it's in our sight.

Uh, its the first -ever- look at GTA V in 60fps? And the first actual video of the long delayed PC version?

Why the need to try and downplay it?

The recommended specs are surprisingly tame and I doubt it'll run anywhere near as badly as GTA IV because it seems like RS actually gives a shit about this PC version
I certainly hope so, but they're so terrible at communicating with PC players that it's hard to tell.

I'll be watching and seeing how it plays out, and if the port is good I'll grab it later.

I wonder what it's going to take to run this game maxed @1080/60FPS? Hope my i7 4790k / GTX 980 can do it.

720p/30fps, Sorry.

Next time don't cheap out and get a Titan X.
Of course you should be able to run this 1080p/60 maxed. Probably not with ridiculously high AA though.

It is funny that you think 60 FPS trailers are commonplace when Youtube hasn't even had support for it a year ago.

And a first look of the game in 60 FPS.

Akronis

I certainly hope so, but they're so terrible at communicating with PC players that it's hard to tell.

I'll be watching and seeing how it plays out, and if the port is good I'll grab it later.

Same deal here. I hope SLI scaling is good too, although I think this game will be more CPU limited.

Jimrpg

My PC parts have just started coming in the mail so GTA V is great timing. This will the game I test my rig out on. Super hyped.

I did not like GTA IV tho.

Man I had completely forgotten this was delayed.

I know I'm probably the only one but my excitement over this PC release has died dramatically. I understand it might actually run well and it's a great game but I just don't have the hype for it.

It is funny that you think 60 FPS trailers are commonplace when Youtube hasn't even had support for it a year ago.

And a first look of the game in 60 FPS.
I mean around GAF there was a time when Gamersyde footage of 60fps console games would make the rounds pretty fast. And that'll continue with every 60fps console game...

nkarafo

I love how people with top of the range gaming PCs (4th gen i7 and GTX 980) "hope" to be able to run this game @ 60fps. If they can't then nobody can. Which means another crappy GTA port.

I guess that leaves us, with modest i5s and mid range cards like 670 or 960, to only hope for steady 30fps @ 720p...

I love how people with top of the range gaming PCs (4th gen i7 and GTX 980) "hope" to be able to run this game @ 60fps. If they can't then nobody can. Which means another crappy GTA port.

I guess that leaves us, with modest i5s and mid range cards like 670 or 960, to only hope for steady 30fps @ 720p...
Rock solid logic

wish i had the time and money for a new gaming pc. getting older sucks. I will get around to buying and playing the pc ver one day though

Denton

Such bullshit. I have 4 years old i5 and 280X and I expect 60fps at decent (at least PS4 like) settings.

I mean around GAF there was a time when Gamersyde footage of 60fps console games would make the rounds pretty fast. And that'll continue with every 60fps console game...

That's true, there have been many threads for 60 FPS video footage of something, it was that big of a deal. But even now we'll occasionally still get only 30FPS footage of a 60FPS console game, although this usually isn't the case with the big games.

Having this isn't super surprising or anything, but it being the first 60 FPS footage of the game is exciting. Especially because it is only for a PC version that gives people an impression of being somewhat of an afterthought.

They are bad comments imo. If you have a setup like that you should easily be able to run games like that. And if it is a bad port, how the hell are we supposed to know already and answer that?

Nzyme32

Good stuff. Interested to see what it is looking like, but also very aware that previous trailers have not been a good representation of the final game released on their respective platforms

I began (for the 2nd time) the single player campaign on Xbox 360 this week, and man those dips HURT this game much more than the 720p.

This game @1080p /60fps will be glorious.

Hope my i7 3770k and 970gtx will be up to the task

Koobion

My PC parts have just started coming in the mail so GTA V is great timing. This will the game I test my rig out on. Super hyped.

That's always very exciting :) What parts are you getting?

I imagine this game'll be largely CPU bound. Going to be interesting to see the benchmarks.

It did, for me. Thank you, Rockstar. I love my rig :D

If I can play Project CARS at 1080/60/Ultra, I think GTA V at the same settings should be cake. (We have a similar build)

That's awesome, thanks! I haven't tried PCars but now I know how it will run.

Gta V however, that's another story. They're too different from each other

GTA V is leaps and bounds better than IV. It has a more refined engine, better overall mission design, bigger world, more things to do, and no annoying friends "system" to maintain. Plus GTA Online, now with the inclusion of Heists, is finally compelling in its own right.

Jamaro85

Might have to build my gaming PC sooner rather than later now. Would absolutely get that done sooner to play GTA V in 60 FPS instead of picking it up for the PS4.

I'm pretty much locked into the R9 280x as a friend is selling me one for cheap - would anybody have a clue of how well that might be able to run this game? I haven't kept up with GPUs for at least a year.

That's awesome, thanks! I haven't tried PCars but now I know how it will run.

Gta V however, that's another story. They're too different from each other

Um...I would wait until it's released before jumping for joy on the 1080/60 possibilty. No-one knows how the game will run on PC. Don't get your hopes up and you may be pleasantly surprised. Get you your hopes up and you will be in a world of pain. The only similarity between Project Cars and GTA IV is they both have cars - how anyone can compare the two is mind boggling.

Top Bottom