• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V Official 60fps PC Trailer Coming Thursday April 2nd

AmyS

Besides 60 frames per second and ultra maxed out settings, what about:

fYLbKR8.jpg

+

multiple-displays.jpg

+

geforce-3d-vision2-glasses-kit-low-3qtr.png

???

Red Hood

Banned
I kinda expect my 4670K/280X combo to run this maxed out with decent AA on 1080/30. Anything more in the frame-rate department is gravy, though 60fps is probably not happening.

Can't wait!

Besides 60 frames per second and ultra maxed out settings, what about:

fYLbKR8.jpg

+

multiple-displays.jpg

+

geforce-3d-vision2-glasses-kit-low-3qtr.png

???

Well, the game supports all 3 of those technologies.

The issue is that 4K panels with a high enough refresh rate for 3D (I think its 120hz minimum) don't exist.

Even if they did, there are no GPU's in existence that could push 4K surround at more than 120 FPS.

Can't wait to see the 60 fps trailer. I loved watching 60 fps videos on Gamersyde and I love that Youtube now does the same. I'm very excited for GTA 5. I'm really hoping it's optimized well so that my 780 Ti and oced 2600k can run the game at Ultra Settings @1080 and not dip below 60 FPS. It will be pretty hard to stop me from upgrading to the extreme by purchasing a Titan X and new CPU if my current hardware falls short.

antitrop

None of their previous trailers for GTAV were 60fps... I don't think...?

I'm sorry, I was definitely confused. I checked Gamersyde again and all of Rockstar's official trailers were 30fps, dunno why I thought there were 60 ones. Their initial trailers were so unlike the actual game, that I misremember thinking they fudged the framerate, too.

Nzyme32

I'm sorry, I was definitely confused. I checked Gamersyde again and all of Rockstar's official trailers were 30fps, dunno why I thought there were 60 ones. Their initial trailers were so unlike the actual game that I just figured they fudged the framerate, too.

You might have been thinking of some of the other uploaders that used interpolation to upload a "60fps" trailer, which just uses the 30fps footage to create that effect

You can't tell anything about how it will run maxed out going by recommended specs. You have no idea what they consider a good experience with that hardware. For all we know you will be able to get 30-45FPS at 1080p with all settings on high with the recommended hardware. So to get 60FPS at very high would require a lot more power.

Absolutely no one here (unless they are from the dev team) knows how it will run until we get real benchmarks and it's completely pointless in telling people they will be able to get 60FPS maxed no matter what hardware they have. That will only lead to disappointment from those people who are new to PC gaming and just bought that hot new $500 GPU only to see that they can only get 30-40FPS maxed out.

The hardware we were talking about happens to actually be 'a lot more powerful' than the recommended specs. While I can't be sure it'll run the game at 60 fps maxed out I think it's a safe bet to say that our hardware will run it at the high end of the spectrum at at least 1080p/60. I have my doubts that anyone is going to go out, buy a $500 GPU, and have this particular game - which was originally designed around the constraints of the 360 and PS3 - push it all the way down to 30-40fps, even maxed out. I mean, seriously? How many games besides Unity and Crysis 3 actually tax GPUs to that level? It's unreasonable to expect this game to do that unless it's a bad port of legendary proportions like GTA IV was - and at this point I doubt that's the case.

I mean, you're right, nobody here could possibly know right now exactly how it will run, but I doubt high-end PCs will have too much difficulty with the game. It already looks great on PS4 and Xbox One and a high end PC like what we were talking about is well enough beyond that to power the same game at 60fps with better visuals I'd expect.

Xyber

The hardware we were talking about happens to actually be 'a lot more powerful' than the recommended specs. While I can't be sure it'll run the game at 60 fps maxed out I think it's a safe bet to say that our hardware will run it at the high end of the spectrum at at least 1080p/60. I have my doubts that anyone is going to go out, buy a $500 GPU, and have this particular game - which was originally designed around the constraints of the 360 and PS3 - push it all the way down to 30-40fps, even maxed out. I mean, seriously? How many games besides Unity and Crysis 3 actually tax GPUs to that level? It's unreasonable to expect this game to do that unless it's a bad port of legendary proportions like GTA IV was - and at this point I doubt that's the case.

You can never make assumptions on how something is going to run based on recommended specs just because your hardware is a lot better. Not when talking about "maxing" something and expecting 60FPS, especially when talking about open world games.

Maxing something out means bumping all settings to max with no exceptions, if that includes SSAA then you most likely won't be getting any 60FPS. A lot of people have no idea what SSAA might be, so they don't know that they might actually be rendering the game at 4K because they set SSAA to x4.

Just look at all the complaints about shitty performance in Dying Light. People put everything at max, expected it to run great and then complained that their 980 was struggling even though they had set the draw distance to max (where the lowest draw distance was still better than PS4).

The term "maxing" should also go away. Many people have been spoiled by being able to run all those last gen ports at max settings between 2010-2014 when PC gaming really started to take off again, because the GPUs where just so far ahead of the consoles by then. And even though GTAV was built around last gen, the substantially updated current gen version only ran at 1080p30 and from what we have seen, the PC version will be even better in a lot of ways. The recommended GPU is not that much more powerful than a PS4.

We have no idea how far we will be able to push the draw distance or how taxing that will be. We have no idea how much we can increase the traffic density. I expect (and hope) we will get the same kind of settings they had in IV (http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/emzeesquared/gtaspecs.jpg ) and I certainly don't think I would be able to run GTAV at 60FPS with my overclocked 970 and i7 4770K if I max out those bars to 100% or close to it. If I will be able to do that, then yay for me. But until we have benchmarks, there's absolutely no way of telling how it will run for anyone and it's pointless to make people think they should be able to max something out before release.

I have no doubts that I will be able to run it at fairly high settings and maintain 60FPS with my PC (although I will lower stuff because I have a 144Hz monitor and prefer higher framerates), but I never take for granted that I will be able to max any game out no matter what recommended specs it has.

It's almost 7 am now and I've been up all night, so sorry if there's any mistakes or whatever.

I know what you're saying and I agree with you but if I'm telling someone they could likely 'max out' their game on a certain set of hardware they probably won't make the leap and assume that I'm talking about supersampling the dang thing. I know what maxed means and that I'm using it incorrectly here to try and make a point, and I know it's impossible to really know until its out. I'm just saying. Even the console version of GTA IV was a mess, and I don't think it's fully indicative of how this game will run or scale on PC. I'm not convinced that GTA V will bring high end computers to their need if it's a proper port considering some of the other shit I've been able to run on this thing. I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet I'm not and I don't think that's an irresponsible bet, especially not when Rockstar makes 60fps trailer and clean hi-res images the focal points of their advertisement on PC. I don't know about anyone reaching a solid 60fps at 4k on this thing any time soon, but I guess we'll see how well this engine scales the more shit you throw on it. It would be nice if this game was a solid ass port with 'future' settings but the detail of the 4k screens I've seen don't seem unreasonable on a high end PC.

I'll raise you:
project-morpheus-vs-htc-vive-vs-oculus-rift1-640x381.jpg

Minds will be blown.

I'm a little surprised they HAVEN'T said anything about Rift/VR support. Why else would they have gone through so much trouble to add in a first person mode? Plus it would make sense if that was what the delays were about.

Gumbie

I'm sorry, I was definitely confused. I checked Gamersyde again and all of Rockstar's official trailers were 30fps, dunno why I thought there were 60 ones. Their initial trailers were so unlike the actual game, that I misremember thinking they fudged the framerate, too.

You're not crazy. I remember seeing one of the first TV commercials and immediately thinking it looked like 60fps.

I'm a little surprised they HAVEN'T said anything about Rift/VR support. Why else would they have gone through so much trouble to add in a first person mode? Plus it would make sense if that was what the delays were about.
Rockstar doesn't have to, someone will make it rift compatible within a week or two, people have been rifting gtaIV for years now.

laxu

Maxing something out means bumping all settings to max with no exceptions, if that includes SSAA then you most likely won't be getting any 60FPS. A lot of people have no idea what SSAA might be, so they don't know that they might actually be rendering the game at 4K because they set SSAA to x4.

Just look at all the complaints about shitty performance in Dying Light. People put everything at max, expected it to run great and then complained that their 980 was struggling even though they had set the draw distance to max (where the lowest draw distance was still better than PS4).

The term "maxing" should also go away. Many people have been spoiled by being able to run all those last gen ports at max settings between 2010-2014 when PC gaming really started to take off again, because the GPUs where just so far ahead of the consoles by then. And even though GTAV was built around last gen, the substantially updated current gen version only ran at 1080p30 and from what we have seen, the PC version will be even better in a lot of ways. The recommended GPU is not that much more powerful than a PS4.

Agreed. People want games that push current hardware but on the other hand they want their expensive hardware to be able to handle everything on max. Crysis required quite a few hardware upgrades before it ran well, most systems at the time were just about running at 30 fps. Now people want taxing games to run at 60 fps solid at max settings.

We have no idea how far we will be able to push the draw distance or how taxing that will be. We have no idea how much we can increase the traffic density. I expect (and hope) we will get the same kind of settings they had in IV (http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/emzeesquared/gtaspecs.jpg ) and I certainly don't think I would be able to run GTAV at 60FPS with my overclocked 970 and i7 4770K if I max out those bars to 100% or close to it. If I will be able to do that, then yay for me.

I don't think the draw distance and number of cars were all that intensive settings in GTA IV. Textures required the most extra VRAM and the biggest performance difference was the shadows. Having more instances of cars at the same time required more CPU power if anything but even then anything over 70 on the slider meant you'd be constantly stuck in traffic jams. Kinda realistic but also as annoying to play as a sitting in a real traffic jam. I do hope we get the slider to control that though!

I really hope this time Rockstar has done something about car spawning though because in GTA IV it was impossible to find the Porsche most of the time and depending on what car you had driven last, the game spawned a different, limited set of vehicles (always including a lot more instances of your current car). Even with mods you were never able to have every type of vehicle on the road at the same time, instead the set of vehicles changed based on some player activity. Then there was the dreaded "turn around and those cars that were behind you just disappear" issue. Current PCs have a lot more RAM so we should be able to have all car types and a memory of the cars existing around the player.

The other thing I hope for is that GTA Online doesn't mean more security measures have been implemented to prevent modding the game. While Online should be un-modable, the single player should be free for all. I have no doubt that Rockstar has tried some of the best mods and took note, the first person view for example seems to be taken straight from the GTA IV mods.

You're not crazy. I remember seeing one of the first TV commercials and immediately thinking it looked like 60fps.

The first trailer that they showed during Breaking Bad was above 30fps for sure. I was at a theater watching Breaking Bad and I remember seeing the trailer. Then I saw the one online and it was 30.

It was either at 48fps like somebody else said or 60, but I can't find that version anywhere online

Derpcrawler

Will I be able to play it at 60FPS on Core i7 5820k and SLI Titan X?

I fucking hope I am, otherwise fuck Rockstar

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
No way, the first person mode is very heavy on animation. The screen moves all over in a way similar to Mirror's Edge or a Starbreeze game. Dying Light was similar and Rift support was vomit inducing as a result. It would feel awful in GTAV as is.

Kinthalis

Banned
Nevermind, out now apparently! Don't know why I'm so excited about GTA V. I never got relaly deep into any GTA, but for some reason, this one's got me eager to play it.

Probably won't be picking it up until at least playthrough 2 of Pillars of Eternity though, unless it's on a pre-order sale osmewhere? Anyone know?

robotrock

Banned
Less than 7 minutes guys. Don't know why I'm so excited about GTA V. I never got relaly deep into any GTA, but for some reason, this one's got me eager to play it.

Probably won't be picking it up until at least playthrough 2 of Pillars of Eternity though, unless it's on a pre-order sale osmewhere? Anyone know?

Greenmangaming VIP for $46 or something

pezley

Banned
Not really sure how anyones TV adverts or cinema ( unless it was attached to the Hobbit ) was in anything over 30fps....

Top Bottom