• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V Official 60fps PC Trailer Coming Thursday April 2nd

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Might have to build my gaming PC sooner rather than later now. Would absolutely get that done sooner to play GTA V in 60 FPS instead of picking it up for the PS4.

I'm pretty much locked into the R9 280x as a friend is selling me one for cheap - would anybody have a clue of how well that might be able to run this game? I haven't kept up with GPUs for at least a year.

Won't know till it releases but a 280x is better than a AMD HD7870 which is the recommended requirement so that's something

lem0n

That's awesome, thanks! I haven't tried PCars but now I know how it will run.

Gta V however, that's another story. They're too different from each other

Yeah i was expecting 1080/30 but was pleasantly surprised! GTA V is indeed really different, so you're right, it'll be hard to say, since rendering everything in that game will be much harder than a track in a racing game... I remember hearing it ran fine on a 560 in another thread so here's hoping....

BNGames

SLI 980's at the ready

4x0CppTh.jpg

Jamaro85

Won't know till it releases but a 280x is better than a AMD HD7870 which is the recommended requirement so that's something

Good enough for me, thanks! I just looked at some benchmark comparisons to other cards and it seems like the card should be still be decent in these times.

bj00rn_

Banned
I really don't get these announcements for PC games.
It all depends on your hardware, doesn't it?

edit: oh it's just about the trailer..nevermind.

This is PC gaming.. If 60fps is a goal and you can't run it at 60fps with maximum settings, simply optionally lower the details and effects. How hard can it be.

I worry about my 780 at 1440p its slowly becoming just not quite enough and I fear GTA will be the first that really makes me wonder seriously about maybe getting a 970.

This is PC gaming.. If 60fps is a goal and you can't run it at 60fps with maximum settings, simply optionally lower the details and effects. How hard can it be.

I'm pretty sure GTAIV has engine problems that keep it from ever running consistently at 60 fps, regardless of PC power or what settings you have

There are games like that. Rare, but it happens

FloorEssence

Neo Member
GTA is just now coming out on PC?
Craziness.

Well it took over a year to port it to next gen consoles, another 6 months for all the extra things on PC doesn't really seem unrealistic. I'm hoping with the delays it means they've created an extremely good port to truly show off their vision.

Personally I didn't find the PS4 version to be as impressive as hoped so very much looking forward to this.

Denton

Might have to build my gaming PC sooner rather than later now. Would absolutely get that done sooner to play GTA V in 60 FPS instead of picking it up for the PS4.

I'm pretty much locked into the R9 280x as a friend is selling me one for cheap - would anybody have a clue of how well that might be able to run this game? I haven't kept up with GPUs for at least a year.

From my experience with newgen games (watch dogs, lords of the fallen, dying light, alien isolation etc), 280X gives me roughtly twice the performance of PS4 (60fps instead of 30 at comparable or better graphics).

My 780 struggles at 1080p with new games. What stuff are you playing?

Dragonball Xenoverse (at 4k mind), cities: skylines, I can't really remember anything else. None of the big AAA games really interest me. I tried Far Cry 4 but that might just be ubisoft being shit.

So fat it is just hanging in there doing what I need it to do but when a graphically intensive game I want to play comes out I'll probably be forced to upgrade.

Dragonball Xenoverse (at 4k mind), cities: skylines, I can't really remember anything else. None of the big AAA games really interest me. I tried Far Cry 4 but that might just be ubisoft being shit.

So fat it is just hanging in there doing what I need it to do but when a graphically intensive game I want to play comes out I'll probably be forced to upgrade.

I've never played Dragon Ball but I play Cities and FC4 and neither run too great on mine. I think Cities is mainly CPU bound or just isn't optimised that well, and FC4 is pretty shit. I barely make 30FPS at 1080p and mostly max on that game despite it not even being that good looking.

Portman

Sweet! I have been waiting patiently for this since it was released with friends constantly telling my to just give in and get it on the consoles. My new laptop is ready to decimate this game and allow it to consume every ounce of my free time (overhype?).

Xyber

It will with ease going by recommended specs. I expect my 970 and 4790k to smash this game at that red and frame rate at nearly maxed settings.

You can't tell anything about how it will run maxed out going by recommended specs. You have no idea what they consider a good experience with that hardware. For all we know you will be able to get 30-45FPS at 1080p with all settings on high with the recommended hardware. So to get 60FPS at very high would require a lot more power.

Absolutely no one here (unless they are from the dev team) knows how it will run until we get real benchmarks and it's completely pointless in telling people they will be able to get 60FPS maxed no matter what hardware they have. That will only lead to disappointment from those people who are new to PC gaming and just bought that hot new $500 GPU only to see that they can only get 30-40FPS maxed out.

SHarris78

Haven't upgraded anything in my PC for a while, sooooo........

What are the chances of my I7-2600K @ 3.4GHz, 16gb Ram and Geforce GTX780 running this at 1080p/60fps? Obviously we don't know how well optimised the game will be, but assuming Rockstar have done a decent job, have I any chance or am i behind the times?

Denton

What are the chances of my I7-2600K @ 3.4GHz, 16gb Ram and Geforce GTX780 running this at 1080p/60fps? Obviously we don't know how well optimised the game will be, but assuming Rockstar have done a decent job, have I any chance or am i behind the times?

Chances are very high. Though maybe you will have to lower some settings, but it should still look better than on either console.

Kinthalis

Banned

60 FPS better than console for sure. 60 FPS and max settings? Don't know. 30 FPS and max settings? almost certainly.

SHarris78

60 FPS better than console for sure. 60 FPS and max settings? Don't know. 30 FPS and max settings? almost certainly.

Chances are very high. Though maybe you will have to lower some settings, but it should still look better than on either console.

I'd be very happy with these, i stopped playing on PS3 due to the framerate, and similarly on the PS4 (though its almost locked at 30 now), but 60fps looking no worse than the console versions would be perfect for me.

dreamfall

Ooooooooo.

My 680 2GB will probably not run it at 60FPS. But I'll be happy with capping it at 30 and maybe stepping up visual settings. It's really time to upgrade my videocard...

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Man, going to be playing this non-stop for weeks when it's out. I haven't touched GTA V (PS3) in over a year now so there's A LOT of content to check out.

Frikkin' sucks that I'm so busy up to April 15th though.

been playing on and off for months on PS4, one of my goto games when I just want to kick back and chill and have fun, it really does feel like you are living in a giant world doing your own thing.

Looking forward to PC version, but gonna wait and see how all the DRM and mod community shake out.

Dinjoralo

...So, let's all have a go at guessing what's going to be in the trailer, shall we?
Me, I'm hoping for them to show off some new things that will be in the PC version. If there are any. Though chances are it's just going to be some random pre-rendered scenes.

Top Bottom