• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GSL November 2011 StarCraft II Finals

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So many things that SC II was missing are being played out here. Maybe there is some hope for this game yet.

Mairu

That was an incredibly exciting game

I hope Jjakji doesn't lose hope and can adapt to what's going on. It'd be great to have a full seven awesome games

MrKnives

Can't watch and it probably is but can someone confirm me that these are casted by Tastosis?
Actually good GSL Finals casted by Tastosis would be sweet

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Can't watch and it probably is but can someone confirm me that these are casted by Tastosis?
Actually good GSL Finals casted by Tastosis would be sweet
In OP, yes. Set aside a good chunk of time for the best games of SC II yet.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
No shit Sherlock.

Awesome finals and the best that I can remember. Go go GSL!
Explain to me why only now we are seeing people play this damn game right.
Let's just make all matches have longer prep time so we can have solid prepared builds and gameplans.

V_Arnold

Let's just make all matches have longer prep time so we can have solid prepared builds and gameplans.

What is there to explain? People are pushing their limits, and in turn inspire/train their opponents to do it aswell. A lot of subtle improvements were seen in these games. The baneling mines. The Zerg setting aside chunks of 6-7 zerglings and a baneling to defend from drops. Terran manually shooting banelings without scout (or trying to do so).

All of these things will become mechanical and more practiced in the next few months. Then new things will be needed. Improved muta harass (A LOT more improved, constantly circling around and attacking even if they are hit by turrets, for example), improved drop micro and different drop compositions (would love to see a drop composition that can actually make a bigger threat than 8 marine :p), etc.

These thing do not come out in one year. They build up.

Keikaku

Because it takes time for people to get good at the game. It takes time to discover how to best use units, develop muscle memory for more basic actions and learn how to read and react to your opponents actions.

Why did we not see awesome macro play out of Brood War in the first year? Why did Boxer not play like Flash from the get-go? I'm waiting for some silly favoritism to shine through in your response.

It's a stupid stance to take and you know it.

Dooraven

One thing that Tastosis missed was that Jjakji was trying to land his buildings everywhere to spot the landmines (you can't land on burrowed units). Such smart play.

Vaporak

Excellent games so far, but I gotta head to bed. Hopefully the rest of these games will be as good when I watch them later.

Because it takes time for people to get good at the game. It takes time to discover how to best use units, develop muscle memory for more basic actions and learn how to read and react to your opponents actions.

Why did we not see awesome macro play out of Brood War in the first year? Why did Boxer not play like Flash from the get-go? I'm waiting for some silly favoritism to shine through in your response.

It's a stupid stance to take and you know it.

Except Haz is the only BW elitist that is cool

Top Bottom