• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite’s store bundles data mined

Three

Serious question, have you even booted Halo Infinite yet?

If so, how did you miss this?
41sJmxn.jpg

Both the campaign and MP are accessed right from the main menu. So the people paying $60 for the game (or playing it on GP) have access to the MP right there in the menu just like every other Halo ever made.
What he means by this is that instead of getting a fully fledged campaign and MP. They get a stripped down MP and it's stripped down so that they can monitise it as a f2p game. The campaign is actually stripped down too if you think about it. The same crap happened to TLOU2 but in the opposite way. They got a fully fledged campaign at least but MP was completely removed.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I don't care about "other people funding the game"

I enjoy cosmetic progression and i'm sick of the nickle and diming. They can get their funds without charging extortionate prices for cosmetics.
Ten euro for a season pass that never expires is pretty forgiving compared to the industry standard.

But I get it. You want the game, extra maps and contents, and cosmetics for free.

I also love going to work every day without getting paid for it. Because that's what my boss expects, he doesn't want to nicle and dime my work.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
My "afterthought" comment might be a bit much, I'll give you that. I meant it more as in MS sees the real money in the MP portion of the game, which is why it's split out. But sure, I'll concede that point.

Again, I've stated this before. I honestly do not care about the F2P mode. I want companies to be able to support great game development. The move MAKES SENSE to me, even if it ends up costing players more. I spent more than 60 bucks on SFV as I mentioned. That was fine with me though it did get a bit painful after some time ...

I think the combo of GP along with games that have MTX like this are the clear path forward for what MS will likely be doing to support their game efforts in the future. That to me is more honest, and makes more sense than suggesting that GP alone is going to get them where they want to go.

my kid just came to me and asked for some money to get an Akuma skin for Brawlhalla. I let him grab it because of the street fighter love plus it may help contribute to keeping the lights on at the studio.

I have no problem buying the odd skin I really want, I’ve probably put about 40 hours in halo already.
as long as they use the cash flow to improve the game and keep content coming I’d much prefer having a long lasting solid multiplayer that lives for years over something that’s thrown away every couple of years.

Ten euro for a season pass that never expires is pretty forgiving compared to the industry standard.

But I get it. You want the game, extra maps and contents, and cosmetics for free.

I also love going to work every day without getting paid for it. Because that's what my boss expects, he doesn't want to nicle and dime my work.

I never asked for the game to be free, nor have i said they should't charge. Can you try to put more effort in your posts or is this the best you can do?

The season pass isn't forgiving. It has the worst grimd, and some of the shittiest content. They should have just followed the industry standard because its clear they didn't think this through at all.

All i'm asking is they show a bit more respect for their players instead of charging them an extra $10 for the exact same shoulder pad that's just been flipped. But no it's free can't bitch about anything here, even though this model is going to bring even more revenue than any of the previous games.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I never asked for the game to be free, nor have i said they should't charge. Can you try to put more effort in your posts or is this the best you can do
Which games gives you free skins? I admit it's a long time ago I've been playing cod, last time was MW2019 and I don't recall having free skins there.

However, I remember having to play 24 7 to get your skins you paid for, before they disappeared.

Fortnite doesn't have free skins either as I recall. Its like that for both f2p and paid games. I don't see the difference.

Which games gives you free skins? I admit it's a long time ago I've been playing cod, last time was MW2019 and I don't recall having free skins there.

However, I remember having to play 24 7 to get your skins you paid for, before they disappeared.

Fortnite doesn't have free skins either as I recall. Its like that for both f2p and paid games. I don't see the difference.

I'm not asking for free shit. Are you even reading anything I'm saying?

Last edited:

Shmunter

As long as it’s cosmetic and gameplay is unchanged, not sure the outrage - this is how f2p makes money. You only buy what you like, not everything on the shelf at Costco.

Last edited:
Yes I am a little confused. Didn't you want free cosmetics?

What were you arguing about again?

No. I'm arguing about the pricing and system. It's greedy and exploitive

Having to pay for the same shoulder pad twice. $5 just to get one colour I want to use.

And the armour cores. If you buy an armour set in the store, I can't use anything I've unlocked in the battle pass. And the same applies to the colours. Whoever came up with this joke of a system needs to get sacked.

Last edited:
These are purely cosmetic I presume?

I don’t really see any problem if that’s the case.
Ya but some people cant handle positive Halo news, so they need something to bash Halo
Game is total free to play and campaign on GP. If they charge money via cosmetics then nothing wrong in it.

The_Mike

Having to pay for the same shoulder pad twice. $5 just to get one colour I want to use.

And the armour cores. If you buy an armour set in the store, I can't use anything I've unlocked in the battle pass. And the same applies to the colours. Whoever came up with this joke of a system needs to get sacked.
Oh that's does indeed sounds stupid. So battle pass unlocks are only for the two default armor sets?

Oh that's does indeed sounds stupid. So battle pass unlocks are only for the two default armor sets?

The free battle pass gives you cosmetics for the Mark VII core. The paid battle pass gives you cosmetics for the Mark V core. Same with the coatings. So you can't mix the cosmetics you've unlocked in the free battle pass with the paid one, and vice versa. Everything In the store I've seen is restricted to the Mark VII core. So only the free battle pass work with anything you buy from the store

In addition to that the coolest stuff you can get, the armour kits, are locked. If you buy one you get the armour pieces, an emblem and a coating. But you can only use those with that armour kit. Even though they advertise them for the Mark VII core

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Do i have to spell it? If a AAA game is free they have to make the money somewhere..so seasons cosmetics etc will be present.
Also development time energy money and ideas are lost in trying to find ways to monetize the game and design 1000 useless skins.
An argument that completely falls on its face once you realize full price AAA games also have microtransactions:

- GT Sport which sells cars by the unit;
- Destruction All Stars had a season pass (and yes it was full price until it flopped);
- literal pay to win perks in TLOU factions;

And of course costumes (actually giving skills) locked behind the Digital Deluxe or collector editions of Horizon Forbidden West.

The push for more aggressive monetization is happening all across the industry and saying it results from the GP model makes no sense whatsoever when it started years before GP even existed.

Videospel

Why would I need to buy EVERYTHING, ffs people, just buy if you like, for example, I'd love an Arbitar skin and would happily for for one, its shit like the colors that should really be in game or earnable that bothers me more
Exactly, it's a fallacy to assume that you *should* buy everything. On the other hand, if a particular item is too expensive, that would be a valid criticism.

The_Mike

The free battle pass gives you cosmetics for the Mark VII core. The paid battle pass gives you cosmetics for the Mark V core. Same with the coatings. So you can't mix the cosmetics you've unlocked in the free battle pass with the paid one, and vice versa. Everything In the store I've seen is restricted to the Mark VII core. So only the free battle pass work with anything you buy from the store

In addition to that the coolest stuff you can get, the armour kits, are locked. If you buy one you get the armour pieces, an emblem and a coating. But you can only use those with that armour kit. Even though they advertise them for the Mark VII core
Yeah the armor set is really stupid. I unlocked the flash light for the helmet on the side, I had to browse for like 30 minutes in the customization to find it.

I had to click into the helmet and click into equip or something from there.

Which makes no sense, since any other cosmetic has their own slot.

So the rare one is for in game shop itmes, and the epic is only stuff from the battle pass? That is indeed an odd system.

Should fit to both or none.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
What he means by this is that instead of getting a fully fledged campaign and MP. They get a stripped down MP and it's stripped down so that they can monitise it as a f2p game. The campaign is actually stripped down too if you think about it. The same crap happened to TLOU2 but in the opposite way. They got a fully fledged campaign at least but MP was completely removed.
So if they removed the MP, Halo Infinite would be better? The logic in this thread has devolved to a new low.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So if they removed the MP, Halo Infinite would be better? The logic in this thread has devolved to a new low.

The only reason you would come to that conclusion is if your trying to strawman the argument.

Its pretty clear what he's saying, normally the multiplayer is included with the base campaign which you still need to pay for. By making the multiplayer free and charging the same price for the campaign you are effectively getting less than the prior Halo games because the multiplayer is monetised as F2P rather than having a large quantity of earnable rewards as the prior Halo games had as part of the single boxed price.

Removing that component and saying "Oh it's free" would require additional single player content or a drop in price for the value of the paid part to retain its value. Hence the you are getting less for your purchase point.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

The only reason you would come to that conclusion is if your trying to strawman the argument.

Its pretty clear what he's saying, normally the multiplayer is included with the base campaign which you still need to pay for. By making the multiplayer free and charging the same price for the campaign you are effectively getting less than the prior Halo games because the multiplayer is monetised as F2P rather than having a large quantity of earnable rewards as the prior Halo games had as part of the single boxed price.

Removing that component and saying "Oh it's free" would require additional single player content or a drop in price for the value of the paid part to retain its value. Hence the you are getting less for your purchase point.
There is more game here for free then most other AAA shooters. Campaign is just icing and we all know everyone is just paying a dollar to play it.

The MP is not stripped down. You get every feature and weapon of MP. It’s just the cosmetics that are behind the pay wall. Every other F2P game does this and this is what everyone should have expected. There’s a completely free path to get armor as well as a premium path.

get over it people. Even Fortnite doesn’t offer a free way to get cosemetics.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
There is more game here for free then most other AAA shooters. Campaign is just icing and we all know everyone is just paying a dollar to play it.

Really? What are you basing this on? We have stats with the number of maps, game modes and weapons so I guessing you don't mean anything like that. what do you mean by more game exactly? Is it more of the "feel" of the title? Are you comparing it to the disaster that is BF2042? Perhaps Vanguard? Saying "Oh well it provides more than your average current year AAA game" is a great thrust to push for if you want to prove FPS gaming is really shit this year. However I'm not a fan of the slow race to the bottom in gaming.

What's will be really interesting is if Microsoft make more of there first party titles free 2 play, I mean if your paying for gamepass shouldn't you get something for paying the subscription fee on a platform you are paying for? If games are free 2 play how is that adding value to gamepass?

BlackTron

As someone who has almost 300 loot boxes in Overwatch just from gameplay that I haven't even bothered to open yet. I can't understand the mentality of anyone who even begins to give a shit about this.

I already knew that the Halo MP was free to play and all $ was purely cosmetic. As soon as I learned this fact my brain totally shut off any attention to the MTX in the game whatsoever. I really could not give a damn less whether some skin or whatever is $1 to $100. It's a completely meaningless aspect behind the part that matters which is just having a working functional modern Halo game AT ALL.

Proof that the issues in gaming begin with the dumb as nails customers.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

So Halo campaign is stripped down?

Have you completed it and the previews of it being up to 30-40 hours long is stripped down over other Halo's yet last of us 2's long ass campaign as a fully fledged campaign.

A typical halo campaign was like 12-15 hours tops.

Hendrick's

Really? What are you basing this on? We have stats with the number of maps, game modes and weapons so I guessing you don't mean anything like that. what do you mean by more game exactly? Is it more of the "feel" of the title? Are you comparing it to the disaster that is BF2042? Perhaps Vanguard? Saying "Oh well it provides more than your average current year AAA game" is a great thrust to push for if you want to prove FPS gaming is really shit this year. However I'm not a fan of the slow race to the bottom in gaming.

What's will be really interesting is if Microsoft make more of there first party titles free 2 play, I mean if your paying for gamepass shouldn't you get something for paying the subscription fee on a platform you are paying for? If games are free 2 play how is that adding value to gamepass?
It's the best FPS I have ever played to be honest. People complaining are either concern trolling or simply do not like the return to classic form. You can't please everyone I guess.

Andodalf

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK EVIL LORE!!!!!!! BUYING GAF GOLD FOR EVERY POST IN THIS THREAD WOULD COST ME THOUSANDS!!!!! THATS SO UNFARE DUDE WTF????

EviLore EviLore

WHY ARE YOU SO GREEDLY NOW THAT I KNOW EVERY POST CAN HAVE GOLD BOUGHT FOR IT I LITERALLY AM FORCED TO BUT GOLD FOR ALL OF THEM. SO GREEDY

(This is what you guys complaining sound like)

WHAT THE FUCK EVIL LORE!!!!!!! BUYING GAF GOLD FOR EVERY POST IN THIS THREAD WOULD COST ME THOUSANDS!!!!! THATS SO UNFARE DUDE WTF????

EviLore EviLore

WHY ARE YOU SO GREEDLY NOW THAT I KNOW EVERY POST CAN HAVE GOLD BOUGHT FOR IT I LITERALLY AM FORCED TO BUT GOLD FOR ALL OF THEM. SO GREEDY

These analogies are just getting stupid now

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
You dont need to buy everything though. Just have some self control.

Do people go to a clothing store and calculate how much it would cost to buy the whole thing? No, they just buy a few things they like.

Pffft.
Shows how much of a peasant you are.
I walk into a footlocker, I tell the attendant my size and say give me one of everything that fits.
And the things that dont fit, special order them else ill jump on GAF and complain about how you have cloths that dont fit me.

Three

So Halo campaign is stripped down?

Have you completed it and the previews of it being up to 30-40 hours long is stripped down over other Halo's yet last of us 2's long ass campaign as a fully fledged campaign.

A typical halo campaign was like 12-15 hours tops.
I'm talking about the lack of co-op feature not game time. I couldn't care less about padding a game out.
When did I say it would be better if they removed the MP? I said the guys point is that features such as customization from the MP are now behind a paywall in a f2p model.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
People using F2P arguments for a flagship console selling IP, it should be a premium experience but the whole reason people are saying "Halo is back" is because MS has a history of milking their IPs to death.
What IP was bought to "death" because it was "milked"? People say "Halo is back" because they want a modern Halo in the classic style. F2P arguments aside you can extend this conversation to Overwatch, at the end of the day they are cosmetics and does not give you any advantage.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm talking about the lack of co-op feature not game time. I couldn't care less about padding a game out.

When did I say it would be better if they removed the MP? I said the guys point is that features such as customization from the MP are now behind a paywall in a f2p model.

Ah fair play on the co op stuff. I'm hoping for an amazing game and not something stretched out that feels stretched out. My only issue with LOU2. It's too damn long and put me off playing it again.

Connxtion

Am ok with F2P cosmetic stuff as I would grab a few but the pricing is a tad high for what you get out of it.

£16 for a helmet, some challenge changer pass thing and a shoulder thing.

£16 full armour set, you got my money.

This thread has really just devolved into a psychological\sociological discussion about concepts that are independent of Halo or even videogames generally.

The human brain really struggles to process the potentialities of the digital world.

Reallink

It's the best FPS I have ever played to be honest. People complaining are either concern trolling or simply do not like the return to classic form. You can't please everyone I guess.

The best FPS you've ever played has forced objective modes no one wants to play, the worst progression system in modern history, only 7 maps, and problematic gamepad controls? You have some high standards Sir.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

EviLore EviLore

snot GIF

This is the biggest problem with it TBH. It’s not the fact that they’re doing microtransactions, it’s that it’s done in this weirdly convoluted and limited way. I’ve already seen several posts on Reddit about people buying something they couldn’t use because they didn’t have the core to put it on. You’re going to have a hard time selling anything if you’ve got a bunch of your customers warning other potential customers that you ripped them off.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yeah the Yoroi core and the cosmetic parts for it. Looks like we‘re going to have lobbies full of samurai in the day or two.

There are only 2 weekly challenges for the event. So it'll take a couple of weeks to get the core unless they add new ones throughout the week.

There are only 2 weekly challenges for the event. So it'll take a couple of weeks to get the core unless they add new ones throughout the week.
There’s actually 7 challenges; you have 3 slots for active challenges (4 if you bought the battlepass), when you’re in the challenges tab you can hit Y to see the ‘upcoming’ challenges that will replace your current challenges as you complete them.

So you’ll probably have to do most of your regular weeklies to get to all 7 event challenges.

Last edited:

coffinbirth

I love this model! Fund my gaming. I don’t care about cosmetics.

I’ll agree, though, that this game used to be one price that included campaign. Now it’s split and campaign isn’t free. The argument for not having this model is different than, say, Fortnite, which is entirely free. That said, Fortnite doesn’t have a campaign.
People have weird amnesia when it comes to Fortnite. Fortnite launched as , and still is, a paid game, complete with campaign. Fortnite Battle Royale is the separate and f2p mode that was launched later.

Top Bottom