• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

MrDaravon

urk said:

That's what she said.

Also I found out earlier today that I managed to get myself moved to a super boring but super easy project at work as opposed to what I was scheduled to be doing. What this actually means is that instead of working 6 10 to 12 hour days a week starting May 2nd, I get to keep my regular 4 10 hour shift schedule. SO NOW I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY THE BETA WOOOOOOOOOO

2e19nib.gif

I still had to cancel the the two days I had taken off the first week of the beta because of my wife's hospital stay, but I can probably swing a day or two off at the end of the beta, at least depending on when we find out when that is.

NOKYARD

ManCannon said:
I fear I've launched another hastily conceived and poorly planned theme song contest. :D Never setup a specific means of collecting the submissions and most people on twitter are just linking to their favorite band on YouTube. Doh.
Talk to the Red vs. Blue guys, maybe they can offer some tips. Their podcast has been featuring user submitted intros for some time now.

big ander

Do we know what control schemes will be in the beta? What layouts were in the H3B? What was the layout urk described in a WU, saying it felt amazing?

If you die, what happens to your MySpace?

feel

I PMed it to urk.

Tashi0106 said:
Letters, share with everyone. :D
Sorry, but no. :lol I don't wanna embarrass myself that much in front of all of you. I have no clue at all when it comes to audio, it's baaad... :lol

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Letters said:
I PMed it to urk.

Sorry, but no. I don't wanna embarrass myself that much in front of all of you. I have no clue at all when it comes to audio, it's baaad... :lol

This right here tells me it is probably amazing. :lol

I want to hear it. :(

I have a little thing that I may or may not submit for an intro song. It depends if I can lower the level of suckyness. :lol

Really like all the features that are being included with the Beta. The stats look awesome.

So, are all embargos ending at the same time? When is the soonest we may see something?

@ Ghaleon: your summaries are spot on - I even went through the video one last time to double check. The only minor edit I would add is to say what the final supply drops in Phase 3 include for Invasion Slayer (i.e. Scorpion, wraith, etc). But you don't even fully need it.

GhaleonEB

Major Williams said:
@ Ghaleon: your summaries are spot on - I even went through the video one last time to double check. The only minor edit I would add is to say what the final supply drops in Phase 3 include for Invasion Slayer (i.e. Scorpion, wraith, etc). But you don't even fully need it.
Thanks. I'm hoping details like that are in the impressions tomorrow. I'm also not sure on the exact phases, but we'll see. I need to make sure I have the game types down right, then add a few of the screenshots from tomorrow's media (no official media on Boneyard or Invasion yet) and I should be good. I trimmed enough of the fat that I've got a couple thousand characters left, to boot.

Going to be a fun day, I think.

Finally my avatar comes back to bite me in the ass :lol Took long enough, I made it during E3 last year.
Edit:Anyway, on topic. I think I am gonna start posting more in Halo-GAF. I was pretty deep in during Halo 3 launch but kinda cooled off on it. Reach looks to be the shot in the arm I need to get excited again.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
I PMed it to urk.

Sorry, but no. :lol I don't wanna embarrass myself that much in front of all of you. I have no clue at all when it comes to audio, it's baaad... :lol

Oh come on, I fully intend to share all of my horrible ideas I'm currently working on. :lol

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
big ander said:
Well, Invasion and Stockpile still sound awesome.

But Calvinball sounds like the Gametype of the Forever. It needs to be in ship.
Calvinball_small.jpg

So awesome. Bungie is insane.

Hoovaloov did a great job, once again. What a champ. That kid deserves an FnF invite, no doubt, but I'm sure Bungie's all over that one already.

Invasion is shaping up to suck up a lot of my time, I think, but holy crap, how can anyone not want to play Calvinball, even if only to try it? That crazy kid and his pet tiger were a huge part of my childhood. They definitely deserve to design my videogame experiences, I think.

EDIT: The last time I posted I was still basking in the afterglow of Halo 2. After a little bit of consideration of that epic day (in which I scored 3 killtaculars in customs and matchmaking; in my Halo 3 matchmaking career, I have 23 Overkills total, you do the math :lol ), I've decided I wish Bungie would up the multi-kill timer once more. It's pretty unforgiving in Halo 3. I know that it ramps up as you start getting into longer and longer chains, but sometimes it feels awfully hard to get a chain started, especially with the less reliable BR and what seems like a purposeful tweaking to make weapons like the laser impossible to use for anything but a chain ender or starter (i.e. two laser shots does not a multi-kill chain make).

Trasher said:
Blood was wondering if he could get a F&F invite for this picture he took of himself:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh252/TJTrasher/Blood.png[IMG]
He also made this video. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrANMLzM6aY[url][/QUOTE]
I am vengeance?
[QUOTE=EazyB]Dude, I fucking figured it out. Blood's telling the truth when he says he's not a smoker.
He's just doing his Christian Bale batman![/QUOTE]
I am the night??

chapel

Banned
I really wish I had more to say here. Just feels like I am repeating what has been said 20x over any time I post, hence why I don't post that often.

On that note, Reach Beta.... I am going to have even less of a life.

Keep up the good work Bungie, every change you have elaborated on or explained has been gold to my eyes. It is insane how many subtle things that are being changed, but seem so welcome after all these years. Even how they are handling the PR, it is just like perfection.

Well, I will see you guys in h3 before the beta, and all through the beta. Get used to chapel... not chappelle, fu dax.

advent29

Neo Member
Is there any guess as to when the Halo 2 Reach emails with the beta token will arrive? I know it's probably done on Microsoft's end, so Bungie may not even know, but I'm just curious if there are any good guesses out there.

Magni

Shake Appeal said:
Attention: EuroHaloGAF, or other Europeans/Eurozone members

I finally got around to setting up a silver account we can use similar to the existing HaloGAF tag. Anyone can join, provided they're in the Eurozone and are interested in playing Halo/Bungie games together, and particularly the coming Reach beta.

Gamertag: EuroHaloGAF

I won't bombard anyone with invites, so just send a request if you want to be on the list.

Added.

Thagomizer said:
Well sure, if you want to be an asshole about it.

He was quoting himself ;-)

---

I'll wear a Colts avatar for two years :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Nah, make him wear an Eli Manning avatar. That stings a little bit more. :lol

GMEN BABY!

Also, I recorded a bunch of stuff and I have a total of 3 ideas for this Bungie podcast intro. I guess 1 is serious, while the others are funny (I hope). I'm actually having a lot of fun recording and mixing the tracks. I'm about 75 percent done with the first serious track. It's been a real pain in the ass to do. When I'm done, you'll know why.

Thermite

advent29 said:
Is there any guess as to when the Halo 2 Reach emails with the beta token will arrive? I know it's probably done on Microsoft's end, so Bungie may not even know, but I'm just curious if there are any good guesses out there.

They're probably going to be sent out the same day the Reach beta goes up on live on May 3rd. That's the way it was with Halo 3 beta code emails, anyway..

derFeef

Shake Appeal said:

I finally got around to setting up a silver account we can use similar to the existing HaloGAF tag. Anyone can join, provided they're in the Eurozone and are interested in playing Halo/Bungie games together, and particularly the coming Reach beta.

I won't bombard anyone with invites, so just send a request if you want to be on the list.
Very awesome, sent a request per web.

Why oh why did my 360 die last weekend. It´s just crap timing. :(

broony

Shake Appeal said:

Added myself. Thanks. Hopefully all the 'splosions in the beta won't wake the baby too much.

Top Bottom