• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

tommib

Ok, I'm preordering, bitches. Will send PSN username via DM to whoever wants to join me in killing bugs and expand democracy and capitalism.

Last edited:

kingkenny76

Pre-ordered and installed
Starship Troopers Parody GIF

Some new footage

Last edited:

tommib

I heard no reviews before launch, so what is it now? :)

The Helldivers 2 review embargo will drop on Tuesday, February 6, 2024, at 9 am PST, 12 pm EST, 5 pm GMT, and 4 am AEDT (February 7). This is 2 days before the game’s official release date on Thursday, February 8, 2024, giving players a little wiggle room to decide whether or not to pre-order it.

The Helldivers 2 review embargo will drop on Tuesday, February 6, 2024, at 9 am PST, 12 pm EST, 5 pm GMT, and 4 am AEDT (February 7). This is 2 days before the game’s official release date on Thursday, February 8, 2024, giving players a little wiggle room to decide whether or not to pre-order it.
Lol the very next sentence states that it isn't an official date, but guessed based on typical review embargoes.

So no, nobody knows when the reviews will drop.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

Jesus Christ with these people. Who has a life so hectic, that 48HRS to scan an aggregate score of a funking video game is "little wiggle room. . .?"

tommib

Jesus Christ with these people. Who has a life so hectic, that 48HRS to scan an aggregate score of a funking video game is "little wiggle room. . .?"
I think this is one of those games reviews don't really matter. The gameplay videos are out there. Use that for your aggregate score. You're either into it or not.

Do you want to pre-install it? If the bonus armor isn’t your jam then that’s the only other reason I can see to pre-order.
I wouldn't really call pre-installing much of an incentive for me since my internet speed is pretty decent. But speaking of which, why is the game apparently only around 25GB on PS5 but the requirement is 100GB for PC? That's silly.

That's an ai generated article. I don't think there are reviews. Previews were enough for me to be sold. Worse case scenario the game is very good but lacks a lot of content at launch. Which would be annoying, but this game should have long legs with tons of content updates. Mechs coming soon after launch and developers have mentioned adding enemy factions, weapons, and biomes, just like they did for HD1

tommib

That's an ai generated article. I don't think there are reviews. Previews were enough for me to be sold. Worse case scenario the game is very good but lacks a lot of content at launch. Which would be annoying, but this game should have long legs with tons of content updates. Mechs coming soon after launch and developers have mentioned adding enemy factions, weapons, and biomes, just like they did for HD1
AI conquered me today. Tomorrow, retaliation.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Just to clarify this is an "internet required" game right? Buying the physical version of the game is just saving some bandwidth, correct?
As far as I know. The game is a GaaS for sure, I'm surprised more people haven't talked about that and seem more forgiving of it. I guess because of the price tag?

As far as I know. The game is a GaaS for sure, I'm surprised more people haven't talked about that and seem more forgiving of it. I guess because of the price tag?
Helldivers 2 is not a rehashed gaas game that is chasing trends. It seems like a naturally organic evolution of Helldivers 1. Just by watching previews, there is nothing really like it on the market. GAAS games that push the genre forward shouldn't automatically be criticized

Last edited:

nikos

Excited for this!

Just need to decide which version to get, even though I tend to forget/not care about extras down the road.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I think it's because PvP and popularity draw the most ire from the usual crowd. Helldivers 2 is PvE and doesn't have industry altering potential. It's never been about GAAS per say.

Top Bottom