• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Killjoy-NL

Dude. Typing strategem commands whilst running can be done. I do it..throw a sentry ahead of myself then let it do the damage. Whilst running (pressing with left thumb) use next finger on L1, move right thumb to left stick, use thumb to type strategems. Good luck!
Or just run behind a rock real quick.

Anyway, guess we can fight Automatons again.
Curious to see the new biome.

Last edited:
Or just run behind a rock real quick.

Anyway, guess we can fight Automatons again.
Curious to see the new biome.
For some reason I have this compulsion to go to Automaton territory all the time. But bug missions are more fun because of the physics.
Bugs are always ragdolling all over the place whilst the bots just drop. Sometimes a scout gets flung into the air, but not as much as the Terminids.

Its just damn funny.

Luipadre

New mission type is so fun. Man this game is something else. I wanted to finally play more FF7 rebirth tomorrow, but fuck man and new warbond in 2 days too

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

kidding, i was never out

Try disabling crossplay.

I have 30 hours on it and only one crash. Maybe I am lucky, but it might work for you too.
50 hours here (on PC) and had 1 lockup, 1unresponsive pre-match drop sequence and 1 time the game closed during extraction.

Other than that no issues....

GymWolf

For some reason I have this compulsion to go to Automaton territory all the time. But bug missions are more fun because of the physics.
Bugs are always ragdolling all over the place whilst the bots just drop. Sometimes a scout gets flung into the air, but not as much as the Terminids.

Its just damn funny.
I think that the dismembering and physics on the robot is fun aswell.

Not all pc guys. Obvs..just those who start issuing commands as soon as the game starts. 😅 Take ya keyboard and monitor, and just piss off.

Also, I hate the new planet, chort or shat as I've renamed it. It's fuckin horrible.
Bro I hate those shills. Had one few days back.

We were doing fine on a level 7 mission.

Demanding shit on a defend mission, killing so he could hold on to the samples etc.
I was furious after 20 minutes of him cussing so I killed him when he dropped his jump pack and Quasar Cannon from orbit.

Took the samples and his jump pack and cannon.
Jumped out of his reach and into the combat zone bounderies. Went so far that recovering everything was impossible. I died and I left his jumppack, quasar cannon and samples outside the combat bounderies.
Recovering was impossible because he would die before he reached his shit. :D

GOOD LUCK GETTIN THEM BACK YA PIECE OF SHIT!!

My teammates were on my side and 3 of us left after I dumped his shit way out of reach. If only I could see/ hear his meltdown....

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Demanding shit on a defend mission, killing so he could hold on to the samples etc.
I was furious after 20 minutes of him cussing so I killed him when he dropped his jump pack.

Took the samples and his jump pack.
Jumped out of his reach and into the combat zone bounderies. Went so far that recovering everything was impossible. I died and I left his jumppack, quasar cannon and samples outside the combat bounderies.

My teammates were on my side and 3 of us left after I dumped his shit way out of reach.
Griefing the griefer.

Mobilemofo

We were doing fine on a level 7 mission.

I was furious after 20 minutes of him cussing so I killed him when he dropped his jump pack and Quasar Cannon from orbit.

Took the samples and his jump pack and cannon.
Recovering was impossible because he would die before he reached his shit. :D

My teammates were on my side and 3 of us left after I dumped his shit way out of reach. If only I could see/ hear his meltdown....
😅. These little tales warm the cockles of my heart. Shithead is probably sat there eating a bag of maltesers whilst masturbating over a picture of a fuckin banana.

😅. These little tales warm the cockles of my heart. Shithead is probably sat there eating a bag of maltesers whilst masturbating over a picture of a fuckin banana.
It was managed democracy in it's finest form.

3 against 1. The majority had voted he was an ass. I played by the game rules if I interpreted Super Earths rules correctly. And I think I did.

And Maltesers? That's my Holy Grail along with Crunchies. He could eat a bag o' dicks for all I care.
I play games for fun. If I were to abide to someone's rules, I'd get married again.

Does shit go wrong during a session? It happens. Teammate kills me for whatever reason? It happens.

This game is hilarious if you get a good party with chat. Fruitbats like said host are a very small group. And they get called out and fucked over, so its all good. :)

Jumping online in a bit. Anyone wants to join: #9925-4155

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

It was managed democracy in it's finest form.

3 against 1. The majority had voted he was an ass. I played by the game rules if I interpreted Super Earths rules correctly. And I think I did.

And Maltesers? That's my Holy Grail along with Crunchies. He could eat a bag o' dicks for all I care.
I play games for fun. If I were to abide to someone's rules, I'd get married again.

Does shit go wrong during a session? It happens. Teammate kills me for whatever reason? It happens.

This game is hilarious if you get a good party with chat. Fruitbats like said host are a very small group. And they get called out and fucked over, so its all good. :)

Jumping online in a bit. Anyone wants to join: #9925-4155
Just played a few games. One game everyone fecked off and did objectives. Other game was mic man. Killed me thrice, "accidently"grenaded him, then respawned him at the limits of the map. Traitor time
😅

Mobilemofo

I'm a fair guy, ya know. As a last resort, usually before ending someone, I like to recite a little passage I got memorized, for special occasions...
You read the bible (insert Helldivers name here)..

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides, by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed he is, who in the name of charity and good will, sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly my brother, and the finder of lost children. I will strike down upon thee with many grenades, and furious anger at those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers..and you WILL know...my name is the lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!! (Think that's correct..memorized from 1997.)🤣

Also, just for the record, I believe in Indiscriminate democracy, in the name of equality and inclusion.

Brian_of_the_pfj . Add me if you want to play with a total wanker. 🤣

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Played an entire operation against the bots. Didn't crash nor dc once. Now watch I get back on later and be crashing like crazy just cuz I said this;( lol. Got so caught up in joining a game for the operation against the bots that I forgot I still had my Breaker Incendiary as my primary although I still managed to remember to change my armor.

Normally use one of the heavy armor with explosive damage resistance but i've been using the FS-38 Eradicator lately because I just like being able to move more.

Played an entire operation against the bots. Didn't crash nor dc once. Now watch I get back on later and be crashing like crazy just cuz I said this;( lol. Got so caught up in joining a game for the operation against the bots that I forgot I still had my Breaker Incendiary as my primary although I still managed to remember to change my armor.

Normally use one of the heavy armor with explosive damage resistance but i've been using the FS-38 Eradicator lately because I just like being able to move more.
Nah I think they are fixing or getting to the point of reducing crash instances. I've been on their discord channel and not many people are complaining now of crashes. They do need to fix DOT for fire and gas, plus make the Spear useable. Which they actually acknowledged finally.

Is it just me or isnt it registering the 5 planet Defense Major Order?

Did all 5 of them yesterday. None registered.. Stuck on 0/5

Oh and on Chort Bay I encountered Bug corpses!? It was really weird to see them on a Bot planet.
Also went to play my first Extreme mission yesterday against bugs. My first encounter with a Bile Titan scared the shit out of me... Ran around a corner, heard teammates yell TITANN!!!, didnt see it until I was around the corner just staring it right in the face.

I froze right there and then. I was taken aback by the sheer size is this fucker. I died.

But as the match progressed I grew more and more confident. Eventually running under it blasting at its weak spots while dodging Chargers. It was fucking epic!
When I died a teammate dropped my beacon near a Titan. I steered my drop pod right through its head, instakilling the bitch.

This game keeps giving and giving!

Last edited:
I'm a fair guy, ya know. As a last resort, usually before ending someone, I like to recite a little passage I got memorized, for special occasions...
You read the bible (insert Helldivers name here)..

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides, by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed he is, who in the name of charity and good will, sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly my brother, and the finder of lost children. I will strike down upon thee with many grenades, and furious anger at those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers..and you WILL know...my name is the lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!! (Think that's correct..memorized from 1997.)🤣

Also, just for the record, I believe in Indiscriminate democracy, in the name of equality and inclusion.

Brian_of_the_pfj . Add me if you want to play with a total wanker. 🤣
Allready sent you my code through PM. ;)

DelireMan7

I am a bit disappointing by the return of the automatons. It was too quick.
I was expecting at least a week without them to really feel we had accomplished something. Or a return with a real change (Illuminist coming back at the same time ?).

I know a lot of people compare the galactic war to a DnD campaign but for me it doesn't work (or as a really cheap version). I like to immerse myself and follow the order, read the lore and stuff... but when our accomplishment are just wiped out in a bat of an eye, it don't really feel we are impacting anything. So far it's always "Ho no ! They made a counter attack". I know the setting is pretty limited to do something bigger but I would have like something more impactful once we "eradicated" the automatons.

Nonetheless the game is still amazing to play. Let's see on Thursday if new stuff is coming in addition to the Warbound

Sw0pDiller

Is it just me or isnt it registering the 5 planet Defense Major Order?

Did all 5 of them yesterday. None registered.. Stuck on 0/5

Oh and on Chort Bay I encountered Bug corpses!? It was really weird to see them on a Bot planet.
it's a community order, we need to defend all planets fully so 100pct them all. You cant just play a mission on all planets and be done with it. your personal efforts are meaningless in the end and all important at the same time. That's why we need to put all efforts into one planet at the time, only then we can generate enough momentum. look for the biggest player base per planet and join that fight.

DelireMan7

I think it is more like the current map pool. Maps come in and out of the pool of available maps.

Interesting view of it. And true ^^

I don't really get all the fuss about the DM (Joël). Still I like the little lore justification given. But mechanically it's just always the same stuff happening.

it's a community order, we need to defend all planets fully so 100pct them all. You cant just play a mission on all planets and be done with it. your personal efforts are meaningless in the end and all important at the same time. That's why we need to put all efforts into one planet at the time, only then we can generate enough momentum. look for the biggest player base per planet and join that fight.
Why did I question the Ministry? Dont report me to a Democracy Officer please.......

This post is under moderation of the Ministry of Truth for possible treason.

Top Bottom