• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

DelireMan7

DONT fire it at ground units!!!! You'll decimate everything around you including your team.
Yes. So I'll definitely continue decimating everything on the ground with it xD

So much fun.

Joke aside, I really like it. For the ground I guess it's better to be on higher ground and from a far before shooting.

Seeing a lot of PC players on Twitter and Reddit requesting refunds and giving negative reviews due to the PSN Account requirement being reinstated.

But it's always been on the Store page:
a5tlwx2zv4yc1.jpeg

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I see Sony are doing their best to fucking ruin whatever goodwill this game has deservedly built up.

Why is it okay for people to just have a Steam account for months, but now you have to have a Sony one too? Is it because Sony have seen how popular the game is, and want to be able to sell you more shit in their closed off, over-priced eco-system?

Of course it is.

Seeing a lot of PC players on Twitter and Reddit requesting refunds and giving negative reviews due to the PSN Account requirement being reinstated.

a5tlwx2zv4yc1.jpeg
They won't get a refund because the majority played more than 2 hours AND the above.

It was always stated you needed a PSN account. From day 1. They just were lenient and its now causing matchmaking issues with friends because of the omisison of a linked account.
Its a bit of an inconvienence and nothing more. It takes 10 minutes to make an account and link it.

I see Sony are doing their best to fucking ruin whatever goodwill this game has deservedly built up.

Why is it okay for people to just have a Steam account for months, but now you have to have a Sony one too? Is it because Sony have seen how popular the game is, and want to be able to sell you more shit in their closed off, over-priced eco-system?

Of course it is.
No. Same thing with GTA5 demanding a Rockstar Social Club account. Didnt hear anyone about that....

Account linking has its benefits. I linked my activision account to my Xbox, PSN and Steam. So my progression carries over between platforms. Its not like you need an EA or Ubisoft launcher or something.

Cry more.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Honestly since pre-release it was stated that you'll need a PSN account even for PC. Don't get all the fuzz about the news.

The only reasonable and founded complaint I saw was that Helldivers 2 is sold in countries where PSN doesn't exist. Of course you could make a PSN account from another country but this goes against the rules of PSN...
So I hope (and honestly pretty sure it will happen) there will be a solution for these cases. I can't see Arrow Head or Sony letting themselves having a bad press by selling a game in several countries to "forbid" these players to play it after 3 months.

For all the others complaints... Well it was known from the beginning... You signed for it.

Z O N E

a5tlwx2zv4yc1.jpeg

The thing is it wasn't a requirement before. Now it is.

They should've made it a requirement from the get-go rather than allowing people to just play it and now being told they HAVE to link it.

Honestly since pre-release it was stated that you'll need a PSN account even for PC. Don't get all the fuzz about the news.

The only reasonable and founded complaint I saw was that Helldivers 2 is sold in countries where PSN doesn't exist. Of course you could make a PSN account from another country but this goes against the rules of PSN...
So I hope (and honestly pretty sure it will happen) there will be a solution for these cases. I can't see Arrow Head or Sony letting themselves having a bad press by selling a game in several countries to "forbid" these players to play it after 3 months.

For all the others complaints... Well it was known from the beginning... You signed for it.
Yeah, that seems to be the only real issue here with the PSN requirement.

Aside from that, it's just a classic case of people not reading before buying.

The thing is it wasn't a requirement before. Now it is.

They should've made it a requirement from the get-go rather than allowing people to just play it and now being told they HAVE to link it.
They literally said it would be required.... And it was stated on the Steam page since day 1.

You have to link it to properly add friends on the PS5. I never had issues but I linked my account anyway.

But this shouldn't come as a surprise IF you paid attention.

Z O N E

It was a requirement. It was just disable due to all the issues on release.
Before the release it was clearly stated that you need a PSN account on PC for it.

They literally said it would be required.... And it was stated on the Steam page since day 1.

You have to link it to properly add friends on the PS5. I never had issues but I linked my account anyway.

But this shouldn't come as a surprise IF you paid attention.

Then they shouldn't have sold the game in Steam regions that Playstation doesn't support.

Now you have players who bought the game LEGALLY on Steam in their region, but Playstation doesn't support their region and can't make a Playstation account.

"But they can just use a VPN and make an account really quick" - why should they? If the game was sold in their region on Steam, then they should not be forced to make an account or use a VPN to make a Playstation account.

Luipadre

Oh look another fake outrage and drama coming up on the internet. PC players already has 15 launchers and different gaming accounts on their pcs. And dont give me this "buhu sony will get your data" bullshit. Bitch, you alrady has a phone with google account, they know everything about you already

Cant wait to see all the "HELLDIVERS IS DONE" thumbnails on youtube from "content creators"

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Then they shouldn't have sold the game in Steam regions that Playstation doesn't support.

Now you have players who bought the game LEGALLY on Steam in their region, but Playstation doesn't support their region and can't make a Playstation account.

"But they can just use a VPN and make an account really quick" - why should they? If the game was sold in their region on Steam, then they should not be forced to make an account or use a VPN to make a Playstation account.
You probably didn't see my post above where I say this is the only reasonable and founded reason to complaint about this situation : Selling game in region where there is no PSN.
I am hoping (and pretty sure) there will be a solution for these regions.

Any other complaints are just crying for nothing.

It was stated everywhere from the beginning that is was mandatory. On the Steam product page, Sony's website and upon first login you get a message that a PSN account is required. I mean COME ON! If by this point people still don't understand what REQUIRED means, it's entirely on them.

If they didnt want to be forced, they should have read the descriptions widely available and then decide either not to buy it or use a vpn for account creating, sorry.. Its a non-argument.

You can use a free vpn like Tunnelbear to create an account, which takes 5 whole minutes. So yes while annoying, it's not something that can't be easily circumvened.
Either go against Arrowhead/ Steam/ Sony whatever and be annoyed OR take 5 minutes to make an account, stop bitching, have a coke, a smile and play some Helldivers 2.

People have a choice. While not ideal, there is a solution. Yet they choose to be salty. Not anyone's problem except theirs.

What annoys me the most is the people now screaming REFUND!!!!! while they damn well know it won't happen. Neither Sony nor Arrowhead did anything to justify this. Nothing was falsely claimed or advertised, the people accepted their terms and that's that.

Basically they are saying this: "We failed to read and acknowledge the requirements for this game. Now its coming to bite us in the ass and we want our money back". Yeah, fuck em.

Combine that with the fact 99% of the players have clocked WAY more than 2 hours and it's bye-bye refund. There is NO ground for a refund.

Last edited:

Radical_3d

PC players already has 15 launchers and different gaming accounts on their pcs.
Yeah. You can see the thriving numbers of the EGS games like Alan Wake II to know that there is nothing that PC users love more than a forced login on their Steam only life.

The Stig

just had over an hour of gameplay wasted.

wtf is with people trolling on this game?

level 8 difficulty we've got a ton of samples, im holding the supers and a bunch of others. just as pelican 1 lands im kicked. NOBODY gets the sample

just had the same thing happen except one guy was holding them all and just straight up quit. it said he dropped the samples but they werent there.

if any of you do this shit, go fuck yourselves with a rusty dildo

level 8 difficulty we've got a ton of samples, im holding the supers and a bunch of others. just as pelican 1 lands im kicked. NOBODY gets the sample

just had the same thing happen except one guy was holding them all and just straight up quit. it said he dropped the samples but they werent there.

Yeah, playing with randoms has been pretty terrible these past few days. Got multiple instances of team killing on the the Pelican. Don't really need the samples or the exp so no big loss for me but I feel bad for the other teammates that do.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!

I don't want to start a holy war here, but I have not had any such trolling incidents since I turned off crossplay on PS5 so I wouldn't ever be paired with PC / Steam players again. I did that about a month after launch. Seriously zero trolling problems since, and no more people saying racist stuff in voice chat. Just a thought / anecdote.

The Stig

I don't want to start a holy war here, but I have not had any such trolling incidents since I turned off crossplay on PS5 so I wouldn't ever be paired with PC / Steam players again. I did that about a month after launch. Seriously zero trolling problems since, and no more people saying racist stuff in voice chat. Just a thought / anecdote.
dont worry you wont get a holy war from me. (fellow ps5 player). though in this case it wont help as Im a PC player

BadBurger

Why lord can I not stop playing this game. I have all kinds of other games to play and I keep playing this.

Anywho, the R-36 Eruptor has medium armor penetration and is explosive. Good for Automatons or friendly-fire bonanza?

Maybe it's just me, but the reason for dropping this game isn't the PSN account linking (I did that when the game first came out), but the absolute horrible balancing, and enemy spawn rate, plus all the non working stuff for the past three months. The developers are also massively stubborn in terms of balancing and the messaging around said weapon and strategem balancing. Most of the chaff enemies have too much HP, the game spawn so many elite enemies that the game becomes unfun on higher difficulties. DOT doesn't work, or will work next week. Spear hasn't worked for 3 months but should work next week maybe ? Most of the assault rifles are not fun to use as they barely have enough ammo in them. The heavy machine gun has 75 bullets per mag in them and it's horrible.

It was fine for some teething issues, but the developers even buffed some enemies and most of my friends went... nah this is not fun anymore.

Mobilemofo

I've had cross play off since launch. I play solo and allow others to join..that way, I'm the daddy, so can boot dickheads.

Maybe it's just me, but the reason for dropping this game isn't the PSN account linking (I did that when the game first came out), but the absolute horrible balancing, and enemy spawn rate, plus all the non working stuff for the past three months. The developers are also massively stubborn in terms of balancing and the messaging around said weapon and strategem balancing. Most of the chaff enemies have too much HP, the game spawn so many elite enemies that the game becomes unfun on higher difficulties. DOT doesn't work, or will work next week. Spear hasn't worked for 3 months but should work next week maybe ? Most of the assault rifles are not fun to use as they barely have enough ammo in them. The heavy machine gun has 75 bullets per mag in them and it's horrible.

It was fine for some teething issues, but the developers even buffed some enemies and most of my friends went... nah this is not fun anymore.

[Sigma]

I hate Hellmire so much. Shit's blinding when playing on old sets and I swear the fire tornados are tracking you. Especially when you turn your back to it lol. Turns the map into a got damn mess. All too conveniently showing up on objectives at times. FOH

Last edited:

BadBurger

Maybe it's just me, but the reason for dropping this game isn't the PSN account linking (I did that when the game first came out), but the absolute horrible balancing, and enemy spawn rate

sounds like a skill problem, soldier
Knuckle up

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I don’t know if weapon balancing is important when vs’ing AI. People like what they like. Mechs are very OP but few people use them, even on the higher levels.

Sokka

I agree with you on the too many spawns part, there's just such an excessive amount of heavy enemies and not enough tools to deal with them. The -1 Stratagem effect sucks big time, I avoid it at all costs.

I don't see it as a skill issue when there are three bile titans and six chargers at once by extraction. That's just BS. It makes bile titans less intimidating too.

Stuff like Retrieve Essential Personnal is impossible on bots because of the small map and insane spawn rate.

They said they are going to fix it, but honestly they should just think about doing a whole rework to the whole spawn system.

DelireMan7

Stuff like Retrieve Essential Personnal is impossible on bots because of the small map and insane spawn rate.

They said they are going to fix it, but honestly they should just think about doing a whole rework to the whole spawn system.

We had troubles for a long time on these missions with friends. But yesterday you tested to draw attention away from the site.

We were 2, and at one point the bots overtook the main site. So we ran away (maps are actually quite big for this type of mission and there is sites of interests to find) and splitted apart.
I did a huge turn on the map and went back to the main site which was now mostly empty because the bots followed us on the maps.

Tested again with a squad of 3 and it works. When submerged by bots, we splitted away on the map and one or 2 of us came back a bit later on a much less populated main site.

The Stig

So it's been suggested that people that have kicked me just before extraction are doing so because of my malevalon creek cape.

Can anyone explain this at all?

[Sigma]

The R-36 Eruptor has lost the magic it had. Damn. Sad.

EDIT: Sadly after using it for hours,, i've decided to drop the weapon for good. I'm honestly not a big fan of AH's reasoning at times for balancing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom