• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |Beta Thread| The original assassin. [PS4+PC]

But does the PSN digital pre-order give you a code or does it make the beta automatically show up in the library?

I'm guessing that you'll get a message from Playstation that tells you the beta is available for download tomorrow. I got mine from amazon, sorry.

Very excited for this Beta. Actually put off doing my preview of this title until I get my hands on the beta. One question for those with access already.

How is the disguise system? I stopped playing absolution because it was terrible IMO so I'm curious if it's like Abso or if it's more older Hitman.

Smash88

Banned
I think for us Amazon (PC) people we didn't get a code yet because the release for PC is next week on Friday. Don't panic yet.

Very excited for this Beta. Actually put off doing my preview of this title until I get my hands on the beta. One question for those with access already.

How is the disguise system? I stopped playing absolution because it was terrible IMO so I'm curious if it's like Abso or if it's more older Hitman.

It's older Hitman but certain people can see through certain disguises. Fortunately, it isn't unfair like Absolution as there are other routes and you can usually just run away to break their line of sight.

DOWN

Banned

It's very forgiving. Only a handful of NPCs can see through your disguise at any time (like head of security if you are wearing a guard uniform, etc.) and as they notice you, all you need to do is walk away quick and you'll be fine. Regular NPCs won't bother you. Instinct mode is now greatly limited. Basically just outlines nearby people, but with no identifying colors or anything, with the NPCs who can see through your current disguise market by a dot over their hear. You can shut of Instinct, though its pretty mild now.

MUnited83

For you.

It's a mix of Blood Money + Absolution, but better balanced. Only a few people can see through your disguise (for example, if you disguise as a security guard, the security guard boss will be suspicious of you because he knows his whole staff and doesn't recognize you). And even then, it's a pretty forgiving system: they will call you out and try to follow you, but they will only become hostile if you let them close enough to know that you are using a disguise. You can get called out and avoid being discovered by simply leaving the area quickly enough.

It's older Hitman but certain people can see through certain disguises. Fortunately, it isn't unfair like Absolution as there are other routes and you can usually just run away to break their line of sight.

That is music to my ears. Really excited to get my hands on it. Hopefully I can download it tomorrow while I'm at Deadpool so it can be done by the time I get off the air.

{Edit} Thanks to everyone who responded!

Not a fan of this telekinetic power!

w9pgbde.gif

Metal-Geo

Does the beta have any difficulty levels? I suspect the hardest difficulty will turn the game (almost) completely HUDless. Just like Absolution...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Please, please, let us have a clean UI. I can't believe they were putting right into my face CLEAR, HOSTILE and stuff. Hope that changes.

The blood on the car in the 46 secs video was pretty damn cool though.

WHAT IS THE DOWNLOAD SIZE OF THE BETA?
For the PS4 Beta, you’re looking at 4.7GB. Seriously. And we didn’t make that happen on purpose.

Amazing.

Anyone who got in on that $15 price mistake on Amazon get a code? Nothing over here.

I've preordered the full game but had nothing either. :/

It does say on the Amazon page that it'd be sent before the beta starts but since I'm impatient and I see others playing now...I want to as well lol. The rep I spoke to didn't have any further information on the status of my code as of yet.

-_- I might just cancel and try elsewhere.

DOWN

Banned
I've preordered the full game but had nothing either. :/

It does say on the Amazon page that it'd be sent before the beta starts but since I'm impatient and I see others playing now...I want to as well lol. The rep I spoke to didn't have any further information on the status of my code as of yet.

-_- I might just cancel and try elsewhere.

Only the PS4 beta is this weekend. PS4 codes have been going out, not PC.

Luq

Ok, I'm super confused here guys.

I got my code already BUT it's not working at all. I tried it on beta.hitman.com, I tried it in PS Store but all I get is that "this code is invalid" (which I'm sure it's not the case here). Will it start to work only after beta begins or am I simply doing something wrong?

Kaizer

Banned
Ok, I'm super confused here guys.

I got my code already BUT it's not working at all. I tried it on beta.hitman.com, I tried it in PS Store but all I get is that "this code is invalid" (which I'm sure it's not the case here). Will it start to work only after beta begins or am I simply doing something wrong?

I'm in the same situation, I'm just going to be patient and wait till the beta gets close to opening tomorrow.

Karak

Hmm done with it and played a couple more times...not so hot to trot like I thought. Waiting though as online is supposed to do...something. Not sure what.

DOWN

Banned
Online adds contracts modes as well which are where you can build the challenge and targets and the public/friends do them. Plus IO will be making those weekly themselves too.

BSpot

Is something up with the pSN site? I am trying to download to PS4 and it's just kinda hanging and thinking.

BSpot

Wait, it's live for all US users now, or just those who got it from a place that wasn't PSN?
My trial pack on PSN web store has a download now button that just hangs and puts me in a waiting queue and the console PSN store when I go to my purchase it has a countdown to March 11th. So I have no idea what should be happening right now...

Foffy

Banned
My trial pack on PSN web store has a download now button that just hangs and puts me in a waiting queue and the console PSN store when I go to my purchase it has a countdown to March 11th. So I have no idea what should be happening right now...

Do you know where to find this? I want to see if it's live for me.

If you have issues, why not hit up one of the dudes at IO on Twitter? They usually respond to fans.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well, the OP states availability as of 0400 EST. That's still hours from now. So.......?

BSpot

Well if that's the case, fine. It shows as downloadable on the Webstore but just doesn't work. But if it's magically going to work at 4am, I'm ok with that. It's behavior right now is just a little odd.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well if that's the case, fine. It shows as downloadable on the Webstore but just doesn't work. But if it's magically going to work at 4am, I'm ok with that. It's behavior right now is just a little odd.
I have no idea if it will work at 0400. I was just pointing out that it's not scheduled to work until then.

BSpot

I have no idea if it will work at 0400. I was just pointing out that it's not scheduled to work until then.

Yeah no worries. I'm just saying, if that ends up being the case, I'm all good. Just seems like it wants to work now, but doesn't. :)

Top Bottom