• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |Beta Thread| The original assassin. [PS4+PC]

Foffy

Banned
Will the game have a platinum trophy?

Good question..

I don't know. Maybe you'll get it if you've played all of the episodes and did all of the jazz in them?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't platforms get achievement parity? If not, the PS4 version might have more things to tick off for that 100% completion rate, what with it getting six exclusive hits.

B99

Neo Member
I really hope you can turn off most of the UI, especially the objectives on the left ugh.

I don't understand why devs always have to put everything so in your face. Just give 47 a map or phone and let us look up that stuff there.

Stop with the hand holding IO, please.

Options>Settings>Gameplay gives you options to turn a lot of things off; mini-map, NPC Icons, Attention meter, Interaction Highlight etc. For the beta, they are on by default.

SomTervo

When I pre-order digitally on PSN, do I get charged?

Or is it like Amazon- can I pre-order, get the code, then cancel?

Cheeky bastards, we are.

Szadek

I will nor play the beta, but I really like to know what everyone here thinks about the game.
Chances are I will wait for the final release before buying the game, but it depends a bit on the feedback.

Foffy

Banned
I will nor play the beta, but I really like to know what everyone here thinks about the game.
Chances are I will wait for the final release before buying the game, but it depends a bit on the feedback.

The feedback from the Alpha swayed me.

Bugs and hiccups aside, this is literally Blood Money 2 in all but name. If you're a Hitman fan, either Blood Money or Silent Assassin are the most well-regarded games, so it trying to hit what many consider the magnum opus of the franchise is wonderful to hear.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The feedback from the Alpha swayed me.

Bugs and hiccups aside, this is literally Blood Money 2 in all but name. If you're a Hitman fan, either Blood Money or Silent Assassin are the most well-regarded games, so it trying to hit what many consider the magnum opus of the franchise is wonderful to hear.

Amazing, I can't wait!

I rate Contracts much higher than SA: better atmosphere, better AI, less travel/non-hit mission filler.

tanuki

Oh man, it's great, definitely a return to Blood Money Hitman. I'd like to turn off all the hints though, too much revealed playing the game. I do like some of the hints though, like the dots above the heads of the guys who can see through your disguise. Not sure what to turn off in the options.

The framerate is a bit janky, hope that gets fixed in the final game.

I didn't realise there were going to be two different levels to play through, that was a nice surprise!

Foffy

Banned
Oh man, it's great, definitely a return to Blood Money Hitman. I'd like to turn off all the hints though, too much revealed playing the game. I do like some of the hints though, like the dots above the heads of the guys who can see through your disguise. Not sure what to turn off in the options.

The framerate is a bit janky, hope that gets fixed in the final game.

I believe there's an option called Settings. Either it's in the pause menu, or a menu before selecting a mission.

B00TE

Can't wait to play this tonight. How meaty are the two prologue missions? Not expecting much, but I want some room to experiment.

B99

Neo Member
Question: can you turn the Opportunities indicators off but still, like, do them yourself?

Does that make sense?

Yeah, that's possible. If you turn them off, you can still overhear conversations and piece together the clues and do all of the actions in the opportunity, just without any guidance about it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's possible. If you turn them off, you can still overhear conversations and piece together the clues and do all of the actions in the opportunity, just without any guidance about it.

Nice one. I don't know about anyone else, but the joy I get from Hitman is in discovering ludicrous ways to murder people, so that's perfect. Forcibly spelling it out would've been deeply depressing.

Symphonia

Banned
Downloading now. Kinda bummed to hear about the framerate, but I can live with it. I'll just lock my capture card to 30FPS and pray for the best.

Foffy

Banned
Question: can you turn the Opportunities indicators off but still, like, do them yourself?

Does that make sense?

I know you can tamper them, so that at least means getting full information, or it being like hints on the minimap and the like. The Alpha had it much like the latter.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I know you can tamper them, so that at least means getting full information, or it being like hints on the minimap and the like. The Alpha had it much like the latter.

You mean like the old exclamation marks that were on the maps in the older games? I can live with that (I think), especially if higher difficulties remove them completely.

Foffy

Banned
You mean like the old exclamation marks on lower difficulty levels on the older games? I can live with that, especially if higher difficulties remove them completely.

Essentially. If they didn't change the icons from the alpha, the hints/opportunities look like puzzle pieces on the map.

Loomba

Just finished, first mission I
poisoned his drink and then drowned him in toilet lol
and the second I
rigged the jet to send him into the sky without a parachute

Very fun

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Okay this poster is awesome.

CbAc-W4WcAAZ1zi.jpg

Top Bottom