• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |Beta Thread| The original assassin. [PS4+PC]

This industry really has ruined what "Beta" means and what it's supposed to be. I'm not blaming you guys for treating this as demo for Hitman because gaming industry has itself to blame for betas being seen as demos. Same time this actually may be quite old build and intended as actual beta, and for testing.

I understand what beta means but this is less than a month from release and paints a pretty sad picture for the final game. If this had come out a while ago it would have been understandable, but so close to release it does not bode well for the final product.

Foffy

Banned
I understand what beta means but this is less than a month from release and paints a pretty sad picture for the final game. If this has come out a while ago it would have been understandable, but so close to release it does not bode well for the final product.

This is code from even before the original December release date, IIRC.

I don't understand why they are putting a beta out for a single-player game that releases in a month. And why the heck is it an old build?

Those PS2-quality graphics
Hitman_Blood_Money_2013_12_16_12_33_24_23.jpg
24598094039_bbef88ca7d_o.png

ps2_hitmanbm_14.jpg
24965712205_b864d08819_o.png

Foffy

Banned
But they are asking us for feedback about this beta to help them improve the final game. That pretty much tells me that this is close to the final version of the game.

I don't understand why they are putting a beta out for a single-player game that releases in a month. And why the heck is it an old build?

This is largely a test for them to test their server-side capacity, though...

This is where they're getting most of their help from us, I'd imagine. A means of being able to log player activity to get a read on what players do, and plan content with that in mind.

But they are asking us for feedback about this beta to help them improve the final game. That pretty much tells me that this is close to the final version of the game.
No, the main purpose seems to be testing their servers. That's why the beta requires an internet connection. Plus getting feedback on the gameplay

Frame rate isn't great as a few have pointed out. I expected the graphics to be better.

I havent played the beta yet but yea, Im a little disappointed in the graphics, especially considering how fantastic Absolution looked (but thats much smaller, linear levels vs. huge open world-esque levels).

They are going to be taking feedback and making changes throughout the entire year. Which I think is pretty cool. Hopefully this all helps make the best Hitman game possible.

Tovarisc

I understand what beta means but this is less than a month from release and paints a pretty sad picture for the final game. If this had come out a while ago it would have been understandable, but so close to release it does not bode well for the final product.

So you know what beta means, but you treat this as demo and assume this is latest code that IO has because it's month to release? Isn't that little contradictory? It's one thing to call beta demo and treat it as such and another to call it proper beta while still treating it as demo.

What gameplay I have seen it does look rough at places and audio design straight out sucks at places [e.g. weapons sound horrible], but general gameplay looks a lot more Blood Money and way less Absolution which is plus. If this is months old code and game is in better place as we speak this has potential to be good Hitman game.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I sincerely doubt this is a recent build.

Plays like an absolution sequel. The AI is piss poor leaving you to get away with the most stupid of situations.

Well, I wouldn't be unhappy if it controlled like Absolution. :D I think the major problem with it was level design related (90% of the levels were thinly disguised corridors); is that a big issue with the beta, do you think?

Yeah, the beta only lasts a few days. It's really just to stress-test their servers. They aren't treating this like a demo, which I assume some people expect
No, I understand what the Beta is!

I just don't understand why Amazon wouldn't push the codes faster. The rep kept insisting that if they sent me the code by the 15th, I'd have enough time to participate in the Beta. Which makes no sense since the Beta ends that morning :p

Whatever. I harassed them long enough to get it sent to me.

BibiMaghoo

Game is great, everything I want from a Hitman game. The frame rate in cutscenes is super choppy at times, but they are kind of loading screens. They need to fix that. I haven't come across any problems with the AI, and the tone of the game is spot on. Looking forward to release.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Absolution spoiler:
She was never killed so yes she's back

Oh yea, that's right. I forgot it happened that way in Absolution. Probably because I just rushed through it to finish it once I realized it wasn't the Hitman game it was supposed to be two missions in.

Top Bottom