• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy State of Play Announced

Interfectum

crushed noo GIF

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
There's a ton of tweets and comments and statements.
But from my understanding it essentially boils down to Rowling being of the opinion that while trans people should be respected and supported, there's a distinction between biological men/women and trans men/women.
She has also mentioned being concerned about the quickness with which hormone therapy and sex change surgery is being prescribed to kids/teens struggling with mental health issues.
Yep. Nothing she says is controversial, but nowadays ANY criticism of trans activisim is considered controversial. The funny thing is that she actually mentions several trans people who think the same as her, but nope, their opinion doesnt matter either because its controversial.

There is a trans actor in Euphoria who said she doesnt identify as a girl. She thinks she's a trans person. If she wasn't trans, she would be cancelled for saying trans women are not women. That's where we are right now.

Ozriel

M$FT
It doesn’t make a load of sense to call it STATE OF PLAY for a multiplatform game.

WB doesn’t have enough faith in this to make their own event? Why would Sony pick up the slack for them?

I’m excited either way.

Makes perfect sense. You associate the game with PlayStation in the minds of much of the consumer base. It will also be run as if it’s an exclusive, so many will come away from that session with that impression.

Are you new to marketing deals?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I think the biggest question is why in the fuck do we need a PLAYSTATION state of play for a MULTIPLATFORM game. This isnt even a timed exclusive like Deathloop and Ghostwire tokyo. This is a straight up Xbox game.

What's next? A fifa state of play? Far Cry state of play? Someone mentioned how 11 out of the 12 games shown at the Japanese state of play were coming to PC on day one.

Maybe Sony bought exclusivity to it?

Astral Dog

I think the biggest question is why in the fuck do we need a PLAYSTATION state of play for a MULTIPLATFORM game. This isnt even a timed exclusive like Deathloop and Ghostwire tokyo. This is a straight up Xbox game.

What's next? A fifa state of play? Far Cry state of play? Someone mentioned how 11 out of the 12 games shown at the Japanese state of play were coming to PC on day one.
I have noticed more focus on PS5/4 releases without including Xbox, guessing publishers want that big launch and sell millions of copies at full price, not just GamePass day 1, wich is why they are focusing on the PlayStation platform and Sony offers strong marketing

samoilaaa

Yep. Nothing she says is controversial, but nowadays ANY criticism of trans activisim is considered controversial. The funny thing is that she actually mentions several trans people who think the same as her, but nope, their opinion doesnt matter either because its controversial.

There is a trans actor in Euphoria who said she doesnt identify as a girl. She thinks she's a trans person. If she wasn't trans, she would be cancelled for saying trans women are not women. That's where we are right now.

i dont know if i should laugh or cry

Astral Dog

This game being present on state of play really trigger some of you people huh?

Only need to do abit of research to find this game on other platform
Marketing is a powerful tool, i know some guys who thought RE Village was coming exclusively to PlayStation a month before release (and they played games regularly)

Brock2621

The best thing about this is the absolute meltdown the snowflakes on Era are having about this game.

Bunch of lunatics who can’t handle any opinion other than their own.
Those people don't enjoy life except when they can complain and drag everyone else down with them. I understand Alec Baldwin seems to be a douche in real life, but I don't yank the remote from my wife and turn the TV off when she happens to be watching 30 Rock

Last edited:

qiqiqiiq

Finally, I was afraid they cancelled this game or something because after the initial showcase they just announced a delay, and after that no news or trailers came out, hopefully it releases soon.

Plantoid

Hogwarts legacy is the most popular trailer on playstations youtube tied with spiderman at 28 millions views as highlighted in the article blog.
You would be surprised how many people searching for harry potter or spider man end up on a trailer for a game, yesterday my brother in law got exited for that new star wars movie (eclipse)

BoxFresh123

So hyped. 99.9% sure this wont live up to my expectations when it's released but I've wanted to see more since that video leaked way back.

Release date at the end I think given Gotham Knights was just dated.

Edit: the r/GamingLeaksAndRumours thread for the announcement already got locked. Hogwarts about to become the most controversial game in history :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
What a retard. The only thing I see here is a massive backfire.

They think people will be ok not talking about Hogwarts? One of most sucessfull franchises? Even mental illness has its limits.

Whats gonna happen is a mass exodus. Expect some lunatics to move from there to other forums, Neogaf included.

Can’t really see there being a mass exodus on era now. All the sane people have left.

[Sigma]

Eh sounds boring, the first State of Play I will not watch live. I'll catch the Youtube trailer afterwards or something.

What a retard. The only thing I see here is a massive backfire.

They think people will be ok not talking about Hogwarts? One of most sucessfull franchises? Even mental illness has its limits.

Whats gonna happen is a mass exodus. Expect some lunatics to move from there to other forums, Neogaf included.
You mean like Xbox era, Nintendo users, the guys that kept posting detailed sales numbers from Japan...and ironically didn't a lot of trans people left that place as well?

When you need to have your own bubble like that that's when you end up living your own reality fantasy with no other perspectives, opinions and ironically...diversity (there was a time this word had a larger meaning).

As an example, I've been invited to Discord groups with PlayStation users only but never cared for that even if i'm only a PlayStation user...what's the fun in that? Imagine wanting to be surrounded only by what you care about and spend your life having discussions with people that think, act or play the same things you do. Sounds boring. One thing is enjoying to talk to people that enjoy the same things you do...but to live inside such bubble isn't for me, i'm sorry.

I'l just say this, i'm gay as fuck and i always felt i was walking on eggshels when i was on ERA...and that never happened here somehow. If i see someone being homophobic here, i'll probably drag that user...i don't think pretending those people don't exist is the ideal thing to do. Is that how people raise kids nowadays?

onesvenus

I have noticed more focus on PS5/4 releases without including Xbox, guessing publishers want that big launch and sell millions of copies at full price, not just GamePass day 1, wich is why they are focusing on the PlayStation platform and Sony offers strong marketing
Yeah, it's obviously that and not Sony paying big checks as always 😂😂🤦‍♂️

Top Bottom