• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West |OT| Red Head Redemption - II -

Aaron Olive

Quite bummed they used the old texture from first game for the wood in meridian on PS5 look so... inconsistent.
7oUAXkF.jpg
MXUhkRg.jpg

Stone work is good.
HETrFil.jpg

Anyone else playing with Headphones? The Sound mixing is pretty bad on the 3D Pulses, Aloy sounds almost robotic and the Music and SFX are a lot louder than the voices
🙋‍♂️ On Arctis Pro Wireless, I suggest you play around with the Audio settings like I did. Reduce effect master volume to 90 & -1.0db on machine

Last edited:

skit_data

Gotta skip Horizon FW for later (it hurts, bad) due to Elden Ring and GT7 launching so close to it. I will 110% pick it up at some point but my economy and time to spare can’t take this onslaught of games.

Happy gaming to everyone picking it up at launch, I’ll probably return to this OT in 6 months or less to scream ”WTH, THIS IS AWESOME!!!” or something similar.

Last edited:

Salz01

Tried out both modes, will need to play this in resolution mode. Perf mode takes too much of a hit. Which surprises me because ZD 60fps, looked so good too. Wish there was a 40fps 120hz mode.

wvnative

Does anybody else here game share with a friend?

This game won't start, says "can't start this content, in order to use it, you must purchase it" PS5 version

Been gamesharing since 2009 on PlayStation platforms without issue. I swear to god if Sony has started blocking this, let's just say our relationship is already strained, this might be the final nail.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Does anybody else here game share with a friend?

This game won't start, says "can't start this content, in order to use it, you must purchase it" PS5 version

Been gamesharing since 2009 on PlayStation platforms without issue. I swear to god if Sony has started blocking this, let's just say our relationship is already strained, this might be the final nail.

Did you buy it or the person you game shared with?
Did you buy the PS4 or PS5 version?

TheZink

Question for you if you don’t mind.

I couldn’t really get into the first game. Does this feel much different?

It looks beautiful but I’m not sure it’s for me. I Loved GOW and Uncharted.

saintjules

Tried out both modes, will need to play this in resolution mode. Perf mode takes too much of a hit. Which surprises me because ZD 60fps, looked so good too. Wish there was a 40fps 120hz mode.

I didn't think it's that bad in perf, but I do see the details better in res mode. Just that 30fps sucks. Guess I spoiled myself too quickly on 60fps versions of games recently lol.

assurdum

Banned
Ok I'm really tempted to buy it because Jeez that graphic but I haven't loved particularly the first for tons of reasons. Especially the interminable encounters with the annoying machines when you tried to traversal the enviroment. Has the sequel the same "problem"?

Last edited:

wvnative

Did you buy it or the person you game shared with?
Did you buy the PS4 or PS5 version?
My friend bought it, he bought the deluxe edition before we remembered sony made both versions free. But I downloaded the PS5 version. One thing I was going to try later today is hop on his account and nab the PS4 version just to see if that works. Haven't had time yet though.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
My friend bought it, he bought the deluxe edition before we remembered sony made both versions free. But I downloaded the PS5 version. One thing I was going to try later today is hop on his account and nab the PS4 version just to see if that works. Haven't had time yet though.

I had this issue with FF7R. I had to login as the other person, download the PS4 version and then go to the store and nab the PS5 version.

No idea why

wvnative

I had this issue with FF7R. I had to login as the other person, download the PS4 version and then go to the store and nab the PS5 version.

No idea why

Will try that. My friends don't like those types of games so my buddy never tried my copy of FF7R. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hey all, really need some help here. I started playing horizon forbidden west, but I'm having a hard time enjoying it right now due to this one issue.

For some reason, when I move the camera around, while in motion the grass looks green as it should. But when I stop the camera from moving and leave it still, everything gets a lot lighter, like a white undertone. If I shake the camera fast, it's seizure inducing almost. Like..... I don't want to go through that on a game.

I tried messing with in game settings, ps5 settings, and my TV settings and nada. However, the one thing I found is that for some odd reason, switching to performance mode either does not do it, or it's much lesser that my eyes can't catch it.

On video 1 below you see me switching to performance mode, and in person I didn't see it happening, even if the phone had catch something

Anyhow, why is this happening? Any possible fix?

Why would changing graphics mode have something to do with this potentially? I was kinda hoping to play this in resolution mode.

But overall, it's really disheartening, I want to be able to enjoy this game. I went back to things like miles morales and cold war, and I don't see anything quite like this. Never seen anything like it until this game

Ps: my TV is the TCL 55R646, I've played all sorts of games here including 120hz games with no issue

Turn the sharpness down on your TV.

Interfectum

Hey all, really need some help here. I started playing horizon forbidden west, but I'm having a hard time enjoying it right now due to this one issue.

For some reason, when I move the camera around, while in motion the grass looks green as it should. But when I stop the camera from moving and leave it still, everything gets a lot lighter, like a white undertone. If I shake the camera fast, it's seizure inducing almost. Like..... I don't want to go through that on a game.

I tried messing with in game settings, ps5 settings, and my TV settings and nada. However, the one thing I found is that for some odd reason, switching to performance mode either does not do it, or it's much lesser that my eyes can't catch it.

On video 1 below you see me switching to performance mode, and in person I didn't see it happening, even if the phone had catch something

Anyhow, why is this happening? Any possible fix?

Why would changing graphics mode have something to do with this potentially? I was kinda hoping to play this in resolution mode.

But overall, it's really disheartening, I want to be able to enjoy this game. I went back to things like miles morales and cold war, and I don't see anything quite like this. Never seen anything like it until this game

Ps: my TV is the TCL 55R646, I've played all sorts of games here including 120hz games with no issue

Posted in the other thread but did Guerrilla just fix your issue?

T-Cake

Has your friend logged in on your PS5 yet?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The game looks phenomenal. Stunning in pretty much every way. The first level is linear and you can tell they went all out with the detail. I dont think ive ever seen a game with this much detail before.

The really went out all with cutscenes for even minor side quests didnt they. Everything is mocapped and shot like a movie. This is probably where 5 year dev time went.

One thing I will say and it is purely subjective, but I need games to start off with a bang. This opens like a slow indie movie. I know the first one had the same slow burn, but I thought the tension between Rost and Aloy was the drama the first few hours needed. Here, there is basically none of that. You go from one story exposition to another and even some action bits sprinkled dont feel too awe-inspiring like the Uncharted 4 and TLOU2 openings.

Not to say any of this is bad. It's all really well done. Great cinematography, acting and writing. I played nonstop for almost 3 hours last night which is something i almost never do anymore, but I just wish they had started with a big massive setpiece. Most movies nowadays are 2 hours and cover a lot more ground than Horizon did. Even tv shows cover a lot more in the first two episodes than this game. Tutorials and recaps need to go away tbh. The first game sold 20 million, we dont need to know how to use a bow and arrow or have three separate recaps in the first two hours.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I played for 2 hours and I think the game looks absolutely phenomenal and I like the new traversal tool 🤩

I don't see the supposed downgrade between Resolution or Performance. Still looks better than 99% of games out there. Gamers are too spoiled 🤷‍♂️

Banned
Did you by chance play demons souls in performance mode? If so, didn’t you think the IQ of that 1440p mode blew the 1800cbr mode of HFW out of the water? And if you didn’t play it, do you just have no idea what I’m talking about now?

I played it and yes, Demon's Souls looked very clean.

GymWolf

This, actually along with some others, was the same problem I had until I took Aaron Olive Aaron Olive 's advice and disabled hdr deep color on my TV, then re-enabled it, which required a restart of both my TV and PS5. It looks amazing now and that weird brightness issue while moving the camera went away.
Why do you had to restart your tv when changing a ps5 setting??

SlimySnake

Posted in the other thread but did Guerrilla just fix your issue?

lol haha. I wonder if the fix was in the game but doesnt compile until you restart the game. I am guessing the day one patch which loads with the digital edition likely had logic to only run on a restart. Pretty funny. I have had issues like that when kicking off patch executables on new installs. That engineer and QA are in trouble! lol Very cool that it didnt require another patch to fix the issue.

SlimySnake

Why do you had to restart your tv when changing a ps5 setting??
PS5 likely has a handshake issue with the TV. My KS8000 was notorious for its handshake protocols with the PS4 Pro. The damn PS4 would not even display until you unplugged the HDMI and plugged it back in. It was so bad that Samsung actually fixed it via a firmware.

GymWolf

Ok I'm really tempted to buy it because Jeez that graphic but I haven't loved particularly the first for tons of reasons. Especially the interminable encounters with the annoying machines when you tried to traversal the enviroment. Has the sequel the same "problem"?
In the first one you can equip the stealth vest with some stealth coils and enemies takes a while to notice you, i think it's the same on the second one, and you have a dedicated stealth skill tree.

Top Bottom