• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How satisfied are you with Xbox live, Gold, Gamepass?

How satisfied are you with Xbox live, Gold, Gamepass?

• Very satisfied

Votes: 122 59.5%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • I do not use it.

Votes: 46 22.4%
  • It is ok

Votes: 28 13.7%

• Total voters

ReBurn

Gold Member
I use it all the time. I've moved to using game pass and PS+ as my primary source of games. There's very little I want to play day 1 any more.

Danknugz

I've had GPU since its inception, I've never paid more than £1 in total and I'm good till the middle of 2025 and enough reward points for another 18 months.

Best value in gaming cos its cost me a quid.
is this even possible? you can only stack 36 months of gold using the conversion trick, if you did that at inception that would have brought you to 2021 or so given that gamepass started in 2017?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Yeah and I keep adding 3 to 6 months to it with my reward points.

Last time I added 9 months.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
oh gotcha, i thought i had it till 2025 using the initial 1$ trick

You can get points to keep topping up your GPU.

If you use the rewards from the console app, it costs less points to save you some more (i think it's 12500 from desktop and 10500 from console's app) for 1 month of GPU.

kikkis

Without gold conversion, I wouldn't get gamepass, if online was free, I probably would get gamepass only when I need it.

Fredrik

Very satisfiied.

I prepayed and got Gamepass Ultimate for $5/month til 2024, so I get cheap games on both PC and console. It’s great!

Only problem is the 1st party games output, it’s supposed to be the big thing to get those day 1 but with no big 1st party games released in over a year the service stumbles. Not sure I would subscribe at full price the way things are but it all depends on what’s happening going forward.

killatopak

I am currently only subscribed to gamepass and it’s alright. I still play majority of the time my bought games but it does work wonders to help my family pick games.

twilo99

Amen. Even with finishing the $1 trial, reward points are an incredibly easy way to get free game pass for ~5 minutes of your daily time.

How many are you scoring monthly? 5 mins is good efficiency! It takes me about 10 mins and I get ~18-20k / month in the US

I don’t think I found a month without something to play on SX after getting GPU, I haven’t bothered with anything but basic on PS5…and don’t get me wrong there’s some good damn good games on there but but for the most part I always seem to have them already with a lot of the first parties or it already hit game pass a while back with the third parties.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How many are you scoring monthly? 5 mins is good efficiency! It takes me about 10 mins and I get ~18-20k / month in the US

I'm averaging 430~450 daily. 5 minutes maybe a little generous lol 10 at most. I have Bing searches bookmarked to make it faster. I have GP topped till 2025 so right now just stocking up. Started on this fairly recently so don't have a very crazy high number like some folks do, I'm at 30~ K points.

Here's my stats from the rewards page, including the dailies, weeklies, earn for achievements and the other stuff they throw out, it's pretty generous.

558 points today. Yesterday I think I turned in a couple of quests so its a bigger spike.

XMBuiuR.png

Last edited:

twilo99

What do you do exactly? Just search for random shit on edge?

Nah, its more than that. We should make a guide of some sort.

I came up with a thing in edge where you don't have to do the searches manually. Edge has something called "collections", so open 40 searches (tabs) and save them as a collection, then you can right click on the collection and hit "open in new window". You can do the same exact searches every day.

On mobile, I can't figure out the collections thing, so i just search for "dexter cast" and then click on the actors real quick.

Them you have the daily set stuff on the web, the gamepass app quests, and the xbox app (mobile and PC) tasks, and then finally the MS rewards app on xbox... I have it running on my PC but its a bit tricky.

So, its not as easy as one click, but once you have it setup, it only takes ~10 mins.

SkylineRKR

I had to unsubscribe. I realized month after month I was giving them $15 only to not even use the service. It's one of those things that sounds good on paper until you realize you played those games years ago, have no interest in, or can just outright buy them for cheaper than it costs to rent them on GPU.

Yeah same. I've bought and played many games in the past, a lot of them I already had played. And typically what I really want to play day one isn't there. Like RE4R just now.

graywolf323

I mean I’d probably like it better if I didn’t have an enormous backlog so I mostly seem to use it for first-party stuff (which is why I’m so grumpy about their poor output this gen) and to try out indie games that I then pick up on sale to play on my Steam Deck instead

so far me it’s just okay, for others I’m sure it’s great, but I’ll only keep it as long as I can get the membership on sale whether from the gold conversion or Black Friday deals on GPU codes

after that’s no longer possible I’ll likely just sub for a month or two here & there when the first-party studios put out something I want to play

Last edited:

twilo99

I'm averaging 430~450 daily. 5 minutes maybe a little generous lol 10 at most. I have Bing searches bookmarked to make it faster. I have GP topped till 2025 so right now just stocking up. Started on this fairly recently so don't have a very crazy high number like some folks do, I'm at 30~ K points.

Here's my stats from the rewards page, including the dailies, weeklies, earn for achievements and the other stuff they throw out, it's pretty generous.

558 points today. Yesterday I think I turned in a couple of quests so its a bigger spike.

XMBuiuR.png

So you must be getting around 20k/month.

gg

I've got 250k , gonna keep stashing away until my GPU runs out next year and load up again

calistan

My Game Pass came with the Series X - the only way I could get one at the time was with the All Access program where you get the console and Game Pass for a monthly price. It expires in less than a week, and I'm not sure if I'll keep it because I mostly play Hitman, CoD, Flight Simulator, and various other things I actually own. But I'd need to get Gold to keep on playing CoD, right?

Just imagine a dill pickle, but it's not a pickle it's an egg. And not dill just that cleaning solution of vinagar.
I can't just sit back and let you philistines diss the food of the gods. Take a pickled egg, place in a bag of cheese and onion crisps, shake it up and enjoy a true gourmet sensation. Every decent pub and chip shop in Britain stocks them. I make my own with added curry spices. These ones are from last October, still going strong.
csdogAn.jpg

dem

Game Pass Ultimate... subbed until April/2025

I doubt I will ever buy an Xbox game again..

Last edited:
My Game Pass came with the Series X - the only way I could get one at the time was with the All Access program where you get the console and Game Pass for a monthly price. It expires in less than a week, and I'm not sure if I'll keep it because I mostly play Hitman, CoD, Flight Simulator, and various other things I actually own. But I'd need to get Gold to keep on playing CoD, right?

I can't just sit back and let you philistines diss the food of the gods. Take a pickled egg, place in a bag of cheese and onion crisps, shake it up and enjoy a true gourmet sensation. Every decent pub and chip shop in Britain stocks them. I make my own with added curry spices. These ones are from last October, still going strong.
csdogAn.jpg

Yes, you’d need at least Gold.

And that is some thicc eggs in a jar…it would give me a boner if I wasn’t intolerant to egg 🥺

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Game Pass is a much more interesting topic compared to Plus in my opinion.

I’d like Microsoft to revamp their current subscriptions. IMO, there should be;
  • xCloud only tier at £4.99 a month
  • Console Game Pass at £7.99 a month that includes online play and access to your previously redeemed Gold games
  • PC Game Pass as is.
  • Game Pass Ultimate as is.
The only worthwhile option for Xbox gamers is the Ultimate tier. A PC only user gets a much better deal with base PC Game Pass.

If Game Pass had existed before I had kids, I’d be preaching about it. When you see stuff like A Plague Tale, Silk Song, Starfield hitting day one? How can you not think that is amazing?

I think my issue is a personal one and that is that I’m in my 30s now and I’m tired all the time due to kids and I get maybe 30 mins to an hour of gaming per night if I’m even physically able to.

So yeah. I think it’s currently great.

SHA

Before alot, I admit it, even now, they helped me buy more games that I wouldn't even know, not just that ,I actually became serious about buying new games with no prior experiences, no spiritual successors or special dev team that I know, non of that , I became open to a whole new experiences in no name games , better than reading the cringy high low rated metacritic score reviews.

Last edited:
Damn, my sympathies. I asked for two dozen eggs, my wife misheard and ordered ten dozen. She hates them too.
That’s the the thing, I don’t hate them at all. I absolutely loved egg when I was young and I can still cook them like a pro, I just can’t eat them straight anymore:

https://www.healthline.com/health/food-safety/egg-intolerance#risks

It’s like lactose intolerance I’m told in terms of feeling. Don’t have much problem with it if it’s in baked in goods like bread or in low doses like the minor bit of mayo, but beyond that...yeah not pretty.

Still get to smell my favourite way of making scrambled eggs to make for my dogs once in a while mostly on weekends …minus the extra salt and pepper I liked (for their health).

Last edited:
GPU is the best gaming deal in history. When the Activision/Blizzard deals go through, I will be playing through all of the COD campaigns as well as Diablo. I hope MS brings WoW to console and allows us to play it with GPU.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Gold isn't very good, and hasn't been for years.

Game Pass Ultimate is pretty terrific, though. It's called the best deal in gaming for a reason. Doubt I'll be cancelling my subscription anytime soon.

twilo99

Game Pass Ultimate... subbed until April/2025

I doubt I will ever buy an Xbox game again..

I don’t see a reason to buy any games considering the insane amount of games available in the gamepass catalogue.

Things are about the get even better if the commies allow the activision deal to close.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Gold is about as bad of a value as there is and Game Pass is the exact opposite. Duality.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
How do you have so many points? I have like 6500.
I don’t know I’ve had more obviously but not long used some for 9 months GPU but I’ve been doing it for a long time.

Just built them up over time I guess. My streak is 119 weeks so you get bonus points for every 10 weeks, take advantage when there’s things like 4000 if you buy three £3.99 films, if there’s a specific game I was going to buy there’s sometimes a pre-order points offer, play a pc game every day etc.

All builds up if you don’t have a life like me.

The Shepard

Xbox live gold is the worst deal in gaming, no one can tell me they enjoy paying for that shit. The games are hilariously bad.

Game pass used to be great for me (especially when you first get it) but finding time to play with a house and kids is really hard as the time I get to game is spent on what I really want to play (re4 remake ATM) I don't really get the value out of it anymore. When my 2.5 years sub ends I'll most likely just sub whenever there's a game on I want to play or just buy the game I want to play and be done with both gold and gamepass.

mxbison

I got 3 years of GPU for ~90€ which is amazing. Always find something to play when there are no particular games I want right now, and there is good stuff coming day 1.

For 15€/month I don't think it's that great of a deal right now, I'd probably just hop on and off a couple of times a year.

Top Bottom