• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2024. 240 Hz OLEDs, PCI-Gen5, Path Tracing & Ray Reconstruction.

Burger

That CPU is a bit old and outdated. So an upgrade would be useful, especially to improve the 1% lows.
You might be better by getting a 5800X3D, keeping the same motherboard and memory. Saving some money there.
Then instead of buying a 4070 Super, try to go for a 4080.
And stay on AM4 for how long?

Yerd

I think my 2016 acer 34" UW is about to die. The edges are doing these kinda light waves that I thought was happening in a video I was watching, but I think it's just my monitor edge lights about to die. Considering how old it is, I think I've gotten a good value out of it.

I'm a die hard UW proponent, ever since I got this monitor. I thought I would never get anything else. But, the options out there don't appeal to me. I don't want to buy another UW unless it has a resolution upgrade. I don't want one of those weird super ultrawides either, because they appear to have some issues that I won't compromise.

The new alienware 32" is really speaking to me. I think it tests the limits of my desk space, with maybe millimeters to spare.

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
I think my 2016 acer 34" UW is about to die. The edges are doing these kinda light waves that I thought was happening in a video I was watching, but I think it's just my monitor edge lights about to die. Considering how old it is, I think I've

I'm a die hard UW proponent, ever since I got this monitor. I thought I would never get anything else. But, the options out there don't appeal to me. I don't want to buy another UW unless it has a resolution upgrade. I don't want one of those weird super ultrawides either, because they appear to have some issues that I won't compromise.

The new alienware 32" is really speaking to me. I think it tests the limits of my desk space, with maybe millimeters to spare.
Why not the AW3423DW?

Yerd

Why not the AW3423DW?
Because it's the same resolution as my current monitor. If I'm getting another UW, I need a resolution upgrade. Just having oled as the panel doesn't seem like a good enough reason, to me. Actually, the fact that it's 21:9 means any video content will have side bars. The 32 will be 4k, videos will be properly displayed and no issues with unsupported UW res in games. I've never had an OLED screen. I will have to relearn how to leave my PC screen.

My current monitor I just leave it running as I go cook food or watch tv for hours. It's LCD, there's almost no issues doing that. It's probably what contributes to it's current state, but hell, I've been fiending for a new monitor for a while. New TV too, but I keep wanting the perfect TV, and no one makes it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So I just had the most mind blowing experience ive had gaming in the last five years. Bought this fucking pc back in february 2019 and had no idea that I had to do this.

I finally enabled Framerate caps on RivaTunerStatistics server. I had been using the nvidia control panel to cap the fps but the games were just too stuttery even if I capped the framerate to well below my GPU horsepower. Even at 50% GPU usage, i was getting jitters, judders and stutters. Enabling the framerate cap in RivaTuner completely removed them. its insane how smooth even 30 and 40 fps feel.

I am blown away tbh. I had to enable frametime graphs to see just how bad they were. My 1% lows were always bad but the frametime graphs is where it all clicked for me. They were all over the place. In Red Dead, Alan Wake, and of course star wars. Star Wars was near unplayable for me in koboh. Now its a locked 40 fps at max settings, perfect frametime graph, straight line in every single game where it used to be a juttery mess before.

yamaci17 yamaci17 I am kicking myself for not trying this earlier. I am honestly baffled by why exactly this fixed all the star wars issues. The only time i get stutters now is when you enter a new area or cross an invisible Unreal engine 4 line, but thats ok. i can handle that.

I captured a few videos showing just how bad things were even at a locked 60 fps on my system.

Sadly, RDR2 crashes with an out of memory error before it ever gets to the main menu every time with this setting enabled. but Cyberpunk, Star Wars and AW2 feel like entirely new experiences. Five fucking years down the gutter.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So I just had the most mind blowing experience ive had gaming in the last five years. Bought this fucking pc back in february 2019 and had no idea that I had to do this.

I finally enabled Framerate caps on RivaTunerStatistics server. I had been using the nvidia control panel to cap the fps but the games were just too stuttery even if I capped the framerate to well below my GPU horsepower. Even at 50% GPU usage, i was getting jitters, judders and stutters. Enabling the framerate cap in RivaTuner completely removed them. its insane how smooth even 30 and 40 fps feel.

I am blown away tbh. I had to enable frametime graphs to see just how bad they were. My 1% lows were always bad but the frametime graphs is where it all clicked for me. They were all over the place. In Red Dead, Alan Wake, and of course star wars. Star Wars was near unplayable for me in koboh. Now its a locked 40 fps at max settings, perfect frametime graph, straight line in every single game where it used to be a juttery mess before.

yamaci17 yamaci17 I am kicking myself for not trying this earlier. I am honestly baffled by why exactly this fixed all the star wars issues. The only time i get stutters now is when you enter a new area or cross an invisible Unreal engine 4 line, but thats ok. i can handle that.

I captured a few videos showing just how bad things were even at a locked 60 fps on my system.

Sadly, RDR2 crashes with an out of memory error before it ever gets to the main menu every time with this setting enabled. but Cyberpunk, Star Wars and AW2 feel like entirely new experiences. Five fucking years down the gutter.

Pc specs?

yamaci17

now try front edge sync

add game to list
click setup
6eWyDnN.png

give front edge sync a try. also untick "enable passive waiting" since your cpu is decent

there will be games that wont play nicely with the default async / limited and may run into sync issues with VRR. front edge sync is the smoothest option that will allow perfect sync. but it has a bit more input lag.

nvidia frame limiter is overrated garbage that will not work good most of the time

but I also find uncapped + reflex just works too for smoothness. i didnt cap anything in alan wake 2 and got stable performance overall (aside from streaming stutters) but I told you about that. i played jedi survivor with 30 fps front edge sync cap and %95 of the stutters were gone aside from koboh being juddery with asset streaming.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Pc specs?
10 gb 3080, i7 11700k, 32gb ddr 3600 ram. 7.5 gb ssd. B560 motherboard. Pcie gen 4.

Upgraded my 2080, 8700k system i got in 2019 after the cpu went haywire aftera power surge but then realized everything in my pc was fried so upgraded pretty much everything in 2021. Only thing left from that system is some case fans and the hdd. 5 years of using nvidia control panel and playing juddery games.

now try front edge sync

add game to list
click setup
6eWyDnN.png

give front edge sync a try. also untick "enable passive waiting" since your cpu is decent

there will be games that wont play nicely with the default async / limited and may run into sync issues with VRR. front edge sync is the smoothest option that will allow perfect sync. but it has a bit more input lag.

nvidia frame limiter is overrated garbage that will not work good most of the time

but I also find uncapped + reflex just works too for smoothness. i didnt cap anything in alan wake 2 and got stable performance overall (aside from streaming stutters) but I told you about that. i played jedi survivor with 30 fps front edge sync cap and %95 of the stutters were gone aside from koboh being juddery with asset streaming.
Honestly i find vrr overrated. It is not as smooth as the locked framerates I’m getting even at 30 and 40 fps in cyberpunk with perfect frametimes.

yamaci17

10 gb 3080, i7 11700k, 32gb ddr 3600 ram. 7.5 gb ssd. B560 motherboard. Pcie gen 4.

Upgraded my 2080, 8700k system i got in 2019 after the cpu went haywire aftera power surge but then realized everything in my pc was fried so upgraded pretty much everything in 2021. Only thing left from that system is some case fans and the hdd. 5 years of using nvidia control panel and playing juddery games.

Honestly i find vrr overrated. It is not as smooth as the locked framerates I’m getting even at 30 and 40 fps in cyberpunk with perfect frametimes.
vrr is not overrated. try locking to 30/40 fps without VRR and see how vrr valuable then ! or try vsync. you will appreciate vrr more

vrr is more than enabling dynamic framerates. it also enables arbitrary framecaps with minimum input lag

Soooo I just switched from PS5 to pc and managed to buy a decent rig I think. Your thoughts please:

Asus ROG Maximus XII mainboard
Asus ROG STRIX LC II 360 ARGB water cooling system
4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4
Core i9 10900K
Nvidia Legacy RTX2070 Super 8GB

All crammed in a Alienware Area 51 case

Is this considered midrange of high end-ish?
I've been out of PC for a long, long time. I do know that the GPU is still a fast beast by modern standards.

Last edited:
I was reading a DF review of the 4070ti Super and noticed that AMD is absolutely shit with ray tracing.

Who buys a high end GPU and only care about raster?!
Nvidia needs better competition.

I'm beginning to get the distinct impression that this will be my final PC build for the rest of my life. I'm 36 years old and well and truly over gaming. Nothing coming out today interests me and looking back, I'm not really sure why I did this upgrade. Intel i7 7700k and GTX 1080 Ti upgraded to Ryzen 7950x3D and RTX 4090. I just finished playing Max Payne 1 and 2 on this PC. That's the kind of stuff I enjoy. I felt after 6 years my PC could use an upgrade but for what? I don't care for anything recent. I forced myself through Cyberpunk waiting for it to truly get good, and when I got to the final mission all I could think was "this wasn't worth a $3000 PC upgrade." Nothing on the horizon is. At the same time, you have the degradation of Windows and software in general where entire divisions are outsourced to India to handle all their code and assets, and you can feel this massive quality shift just destroying everything. Compare Windows 7 to Windows 11 23H2 and if you have even an inkling of IT in your bones, you'll know what I mean. It's bad times here friends, and I don't see me caring to do this again in another 6 years if things keep going like this. That's okay, I have a 3 month old daughter who I think I'd rather spend time detached from the digital world with instead of hunkering down indoors wasting away in front of my ever aging monitor. It's been fun fellas. Here's to life 🍻

GreatnessRD

Soooo I just switched from PS5 to pc and managed to buy a decent rig I think. Your thoughts please:

Asus ROG Maximus XII mainboard
Asus ROG STRIX LC II 360 ARGB water cooling system
4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4
Core i9 10900K
Nvidia Legacy RTX2070 Super 8GB

All crammed in a Alienware Area 51 case

Is this considered midrange of high end-ish?
I've been out of PC for a long, long time. I do know that the GPU is still a fast beast by modern standards.

Solid midrange by today's standard. Just hope you didn't pay a ton for it. Still a nice setup.
I was reading a DF review of the 4070ti Super and noticed that AMD is absolutely shit with ray tracing.

Who buys a high end GPU and only care about raster?!
Nvidia needs better competition.
Depends on the person I suppose. I don't personally care about RT in its current form which is one of the reasons I went for the 6800 XT over the 3080 during techpocalypse. More VRAM, cheaper and slightly fast in some cases. I know that RT is a selling point and AMD needs to do a lot better there, but you got titles out here bringing the 4090 to its knees with raytracing/pathtracing. If I'm paying $1600-$2000 all that shit better run over 100 FPS without some closed circuit upscaler.

But the point remains, I still do agree with you. I don't think AMD will fair better in that department with RDNA4. Here's hoping to RDNA5 can catch up to Nvidia's raytracing. They're currently a gen behind. The 7000 series is about 3090 levels of RT in the top cards. Intel and battlemage need to do something as well.

hinch7

4070 Super is like what, £600 and a 4080 is £1100? Is it almost twice as good?!
On Techpowerup its around 37% faster, which sounds right. The 4080 Super I'm guessing ~40% faster. But that's not factoring in demanding 4K titles and in heavy RT situations where the 12GB VRAM and lower bus gets overwhelmed quickly. Shit value either way. Just like the 4070Ti Super at its MSRP.

MikeM

I'm beginning to get the distinct impression that this will be my final PC build for the rest of my life. I'm 36 years old and well and truly over gaming. Nothing coming out today interests me and looking back, I'm not really sure why I did this upgrade. Intel i7 7700k and GTX 1080 Ti upgraded to Ryzen 7950x3D and RTX 4090. I just finished playing Max Payne 1 and 2 on this PC. That's the kind of stuff I enjoy. I felt after 6 years my PC could use an upgrade but for what? I don't care for anything recent. I forced myself through Cyberpunk waiting for it to truly get good, and when I got to the final mission all I could think was "this wasn't worth a $3000 PC upgrade." Nothing on the horizon is. At the same time, you have the degradation of Windows and software in general where entire divisions are outsourced to India to handle all their code and assets, and you can feel this massive quality shift just destroying everything. Compare Windows 7 to Windows 11 23H2 and if you have even an inkling of IT in your bones, you'll know what I mean. It's bad times here friends, and I don't see me caring to do this again in another 6 years if things keep going like this. That's okay, I have a 3 month old daughter who I think I'd rather spend time detached from the digital world with instead of hunkering down indoors wasting away in front of my ever aging monitor. It's been fun fellas. Here's to life 🍻
Im the same. For me, I find im perfectly happy with just using my consoles and I think its because I work on a PC all day. Firing up another one for play reminds me of work too much.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Hi Folks,

I'm in the market for a new laptop - what is the opinion on the following spec? It isn't going to be used for the 'latest and greatest' games however it needs to have enough oomph for the next 3 to 4 years.

Forget what it says about warranty and included software / browsers that is not relevant.

It is coming in at 2000 UK green-kings.

YIBqJIH.png

Last edited:
I feel like god made me come to this page to read this.

Only caveat keeping me in the ring is I am interested in VR and PCVR especially. Sitting at my computer playing Horizon or some shit sounds like a nightmare. Steam deck is actually getting me to play stuff like that again, it's only worth farting out some fun before sleeping in bed at this point.

Burger

On Techpowerup its around 37% faster, which sounds right. The 4080 Super I'm guessing ~40% faster. But that's not factoring in demanding 4K titles and in heavy RT situations where the 12GB VRAM and lower bus gets overwhelmed quickly. Shit value either way. Just like the 4070Ti Super at its MSRP.
Yeesh, still. I might hold onto this dinosaur for a while longer.

Solid midrange by today's standard. Just hope you didn't pay a ton for it. Still a nice setup.
I paid 750 for it. Checked the prices for loose components and it's WAY more.
Only the guy who built it was an idiot. The sensors for the AIO pump and radiator fans weren't connected so the whole damn cooling system ran in Safe mode at 100% fan speeds.

Kept the rig nice and cool tho.

It now sits and idle cpu temps of 27-30
GPU idle @ 35 degrees

Under load no higher than 60 for the GPU and 45 for the CPU.

Im happy. :)

Robocop plays on 4K at around 40fps uncapped. Stable 30 fps with almost everything on High.
MW3 70-80 fps on 4K on maxed out settings with DLSS on Quality. Only toned down shadows a bit and water clothing effects, since those are missable in frantic matches.

Still I'm considering swapping the 2070 Super out for a 4060Ti 16Gb or a 4060 Super 12Gb.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

I paid 750 for it. Checked the prices for loose components and it's WAY more.
Only the guy who built it was an idiot. The sensors for the AIO pump and radiator fans weren't connected so the whole damn cooling system ran in Safe mode at 100% fan speeds.

Kept the rig nice and cool tho.

It now sits and idle cpu temps of 27-30
GPU idle @ 35 degrees

Under load no higher than 60 for the GPU and 45 for the CPU.

Im happy. :)

Robocop plays on 4K at around 40fps uncapped. Stable 30 fps with almost everything on High.
MW3 70-80 fps on 4K on maxed out settings with DLSS on Quality. Only toned down shadows a bit and water clothing effects, since those are missable in frantic matches.

Still I'm considering swapping the 2070 Super out for a 4060Ti 16Gb or a 4060 Super 12Gb.
Glad its working very nice for you. Solid deal. I will fight you if you spend $500 United Murica dollars on that bitch ass 4060 Ti 16GB. You either go 4070 non Super or 7800 XT. Don't make me get loud! :)

Glad its working very nice for you. Solid deal. I will fight you if you spend $500 United Murica dollars on that bitch ass 4060 Ti 16GB. You either go 4070 non Super or 7800 XT. Don't make me get loud! :)
Yeah I figured as much.

I've been out of the Pc gaming scene for roughly 10 years. LOTS of reading up to do when it comes to GPU's.
X060 is low tier, X070 is midrange and X080 is high end. I think I got this right....

Looking for a 4070 right now. Not sure if a Ti merits the price difference though. Its almost 300 eurodollars.
A Super fits nicely in between for around 75 more. Dunno if its worth it in the long run, since I can probably achieve Super levels on a normal 4070 with some tweaks.
I just want a card that has some flex left.

I tried Ready or Not with the 2070 Super on 4K and well its a slideshow.
Trepang2 native 4K all maxed no problems and I hit 70-ish fps with DLSS on and a slight OC.

Since I also want to play Bodycam and Ready or Not, I think the 4070 (Super) should be fine I guess?

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

Yeah I figured as much.

I've been out of the Pc gaming scene for roughly 10 years. LOTS of reading up to do when it comes to GPU's.
X060 is low tier, X070 is midrange and X080 is high end. I think I got this right....

Looking for a 4070 right now. Not sure if a Ti merits the price difference though. Its almost 300 eurodollars.
A Super fits nicely in between for around 75 more. Dunno if its worth it in the long run, since I can probably achieve Super levels on a normal 4070 with some tweaks.
I just want a card that has some flex left.

I tried Ready or Not with the 2070 Super on 4K and well its a slideshow.
Trepang2 native 4K all maxed no problems and I hit 70-ish fps with DLSS on and a slight OC.

Since I also want to play Bodycam and Ready or Not, I think the 4070 (Super) should be fine I guess?
Yeah, definitely. 4070 Super would be nice if you could swing it.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I meant to post about this before, but just remembered as I was looking through orders I made for my recent PC build:

Thermal Grizzly's KryoSheet. I tried this out in lieu of thermal paste, and it has worked fantastically. Very easy to use, and no guesswork/anxiety over using the "correct" amount of paste.
There's only one sheet per order, and I guess it's expensive at $27 (what I paid on Amazon US anyway). One thing to note, the sheets are mega flimsy. At least one video I watched before ordering mine had the sheet getting tiny tears on the person using it due to them not being careful with it. I had no problems, though.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the product. My CPU temps are nice and chilly. Just thought I'd chime in on it, in case others might be interested.

Yeah, definitely. 4070 Super would be nice if you could swing it.
I can buy a brand new Asus 407012GB Oc for 600. Is that reasonable?

There are 2 versions:

Small form factor

The Gigantor.

70 euro-non-bald-eagle-dollars difference...

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I can buy a brand new 4070 TUF 12GB Oc for 600. Is that reasonable?

There are 2 versions:

Small form factor

The Gigantor.
Getting a 4060 or a 4060 Ti would be a bonafide awful purchase. nvidia has completely ruined the 60 series of cards. They are complete and utter crap, so many better options at that price point.

The Radeon 7800XT is a much better CPU than the 4070 if ray tracing doesnt matter. The 4070 Super may cost a little bit more, but the performance improvements are worth it over the 4070. Unless you can get it at a mega discount, don't even consider the 4070.

If you are considering the 4070 Ti Super, then the Radeon 7900XT is a much better card if ray tracing isn't that important.

Getting a 4060 or a 4060 Ti would be a bonafide awful purchase. nvidia has completely ruined the 60 series of cards. They are complete and utter crap, so many better options at that price point.

The Radeon 7800XT is a much better CPU than the 4070 if ray tracing doesnt matter. The 4070 Super may cost a little bit more, but the performance improvements are worth it over the 4070. Unless you can get it at a mega discount, don't even consider the 4070.

If you are considering the 4070 Ti Super, then the Radeon 7900XT is a much better card if ray tracing isn't that important.
This one is the same price as the triple fan standard 4070:

I'm never buying AMD again even if my life depended on it. Only had problems with em. Im sticking with Nvidia.

Last edited:

MikeM

I'm never buying AMD again even if my life depended on it. Only had problems with em. Im sticking with Nvidia.
I believe that one is the card with the shit vbios that you’ll need to update. Check it out online.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

If the 4070 Super is the card you want then that's as good as any. That card is likely the best deal you will get. Of course, I have no idea of the currency being used.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I hate to say this, because I could end up being wrong, but if you want one of these Super cards, now might be the time to get them. A part of me wonders if nvidia will keep the 4070 Ti Super and the 4080 super with artificiially low stock so that once those sell out people will be forced to buy the inferior ones. The 4080s have not received a price drop.

I hate to say this, because I could end up being wrong, but if you want one of these Super cards, now might be the time to get them. A part of me wonders if nvidia will keep the 4070 Ti Super and the 4080 super with artificiially low stock so that once those sell out people will be forced to buy the inferior ones. The 4080s have not received a price drop.
I ordered it!!
679 euros. Or 736 dollars.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Sold my series X and about 34 physical games. Just ordered a gaming PC with specs I defined and this company here in Australia builds it for you!

The PC has a 4070 ti Super with a 14700k, 32 gigs of ram. Was going to go with a 4070 super and just wait till the 5000 series to come out to upgrade but the 16gigs on the ti super pushed me over the line.

Should have my pc in the next couple of week ready to see what all the fuss on cyberpunk and Alan wake 2 are on a gaming pc!

Sold my series X and about 34 physical games. Just ordered a gaming PC with specs I defined and this company here in Australia builds it for you!

The PC has a 4070 ti Super with a 14700k, 32 gigs of ram. Was going to go with a 4070 super and just wait till the 5000 series to come out to upgrade but the 16gigs on the ti super pushed me over the line.

Should have my pc in the next couple of week ready to see what all the fuss on cyberpunk and Alan wake 2 are on a gaming pc!
16Gb is overkill atm, but I understand why you chose it. :)

My 2070 Super has 8gb and for example on 4K with DLSS on and everything ramped up to max with CoD MW3 or Trepang or Wanted: Dead, I still have 1,5gb of VRAM left.
All while a solid 60fps is maintained.

I sold my PS5 to go back to PC gaming and I already see benefits. Modding being 1, ReShade being 2. It's fun walking around with a golden Robocop!

MacReady13

Sold my Series X and 34 games plus the 2TB ssd and upgraded to a 4070ti super with 32gigs ram and 14700k. Thinking about getting rod of my ps5 and 50+ games as well but holding on for, believe it or not, GTA6! I’ll double dip on PC for that as well. But I’m just over these piss poor consoles and focus (mainly with Xbox) on fucking rentals! Plus, I really wanna see Cyberpunk and Alan Wake 2 in all their glory! So PC gaming here we come!!!

Honest thoughts though, as I am going PC gaming, do you think it’s worth keeping the PS5? I do have a Switch as well for Nintendo games which I will keep. PS5 is my only decision to make… thoughts?

MikeM

Sold my Series X and 34 games plus the 2TB ssd and upgraded to a 4070ti super with 32gigs ram and 14700k. Thinking about getting rod of my ps5 and 50+ games as well but holding on for, believe it or not, GTA6! I’ll double dip on PC for that as well. But I’m just over these piss poor consoles and focus (mainly with Xbox) on fucking rentals! Plus, I really wanna see Cyberpunk and Alan Wake 2 in all their glory! So PC gaming here we come!!!

Honest thoughts though, as I am going PC gaming, do you think it’s worth keeping the PS5? I do have a Switch as well for Nintendo games which I will keep. PS5 is my only decision to make… thoughts?
I kept mine. Did you see that state of play? I’m not waiting years for these to come over to PC.

Hey NeoGAF, so I am building a PC for the first time in a long time, I've got most of the parts for my build. All that is left for me to pick up are the CPU, OS and RAM.

I am doing the ASUS ROG EVA02 Build. Hoping to make this last a while so I figured might as well go all out on it. Was planning to get I9 14900k, windows 11 pro, as for the RAM I don't quite understand all the latency stuff
but was thinking the G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 96GB.

I don't don't do any video editing, art or anything of that nature. This would purely be for gaming and possibly VR.

So am I going overkill on this or would this be future proofed for a good while?

Oh also what thermal paste would be good for this?

Last edited:
Hey NeoGAF, so I am building a PC for the first time in a long time, I've got most of the parts for my build. All that is left for me to pick up are the CPU, OS and RAM.

I am doing the ASUS ROG EVA02 Build. Hoping to make this last a while so I figured might as well go all out on it. Was planning to get I9 14900k, windows 11 pro, as for the RAM I don't quite understand all the latency stuff
but was thinking the G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 96GB.

I don't don't do any video editing, art or anything of that nature. This would purely be for gaming and possibly VR.

So am I going overkill on this or would this be future proofed for a good while?

Oh also what thermal paste would be good for this?
96GB of RAM is WAY too much. 32GB is enough. 65GB is luxury. 96 is useless.
Rest is fine! I'd recommend either Arctic Silver paste or ceramic based.

Arctic can be applied on GPU and CPU. Ceramic will benefit the CPU more if im not mistaken.
I got a similar setup.

Core 19 10900K
32GB Corsair RAM
4070 Super
Asus ROG Maximus XII
Asus ROG Ryuo LC240 cooling system (used ceramic paste for the AIO pump, got rid of the stock crap that was on it) runs at 25 degrees Celcius when idle. 45 on full load.

This plays everything I throw at it with a 4 gens old processor on 4K.

Please dont waste your money on too much ram. Save the money and maybe go for a higher end GPU.

Last edited:
Top Bottom