• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Dr. Disrespect comes back, would you support him?

If Dr. Disrespect comes back, would you support him

• Yes, I am a fan of the Doc and would still support

• No, though I am a fan of the Doc, I cannot continue to support him

• Yes, not really a fan of the Doc, but I think he is being treated unfairly

• No, not really a fan of the Doc and I cannot support this.

• Maybe, but only if (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Was there a single person on NeoGAF who supported him BEFORE the allegations?
He was making a GaaS and he played a bunch of GaaS, you seriously trying to tell me you weren't a Champion's Club member?
Suspicious Futurama GIF

Boss Mog

Anyone that would support an aspiring pedophile is sick in the head as well.
Tell that to the Hollywood elites who cheer Roman Polanski at award shows when that guy raped, not even a 16 or 17 year-old, but a13-year old.

So then you gotta ask yourself: How do you feel about supporting people who support a pedophile? Because everytime you go see Hollywood movies, that's kind of what you're doing.

I don’t really understand the issue tbh. Morally wrong because he has a wife but the girl was 17. 17 is the age of consent in NY. Jerry Seinfeld dated a 17 year old when he was 38. Even took her to her highschool prom. Jerry Seinfeld wasn’t canceled.

Now unless the inappropriate messages were unsolicited but for all we know, the girl was flirting with him too.

Last edited:

Gold Member
Streaming in general is a like a cesspool of weirdos that should go outside more often, watched by people who should go outside more often. I can think of literally 100 things I’d rather do than sit there watching someone else play a game I could play myself.

This dude looks like a complete wrong-un and by all accounts acts like a prick in general, cheats on his wife and taps up youngsters. What a dude to have as a role model!

Honestly, anyone here supporting this dickhead should take a long look at themselves and work out where the fuck they went wrong in life 😂

Kamykazi

Neo Member
I don’t really understand the issue tbh. Morally wrong because he has a wife but the girl was 17. 17 is the age of consent in NY. Jerry Seinfeld dated a 17 year old when he was 38. Even took her to her highschool prom. Jerry Seinfeld wasn’t canceled.
Would it surprise you to learn that things that society was ok with in the past can change? Just because something used to be socially acceptable doesn't mean it should be now.

Goalus

If I am being honest, I wouldn't ever support any Twitch streamer, YouTuber, TikToker, Instagram/OF girl if supporting means giving them money. If supporting means watching their stream/feed, then it depends on whether their content interests me. In case of Dr Disrespect, that's a no.

panda-zebra

Few things :
-Age was never confirmed. Could’ve been 12 for all we know.
-Two it was seeming more likely it was a boy, and not a girl
-Three rolling stone said he knew it was a minor and kept going , and that he tried to downplay inappropriate, but they were 100% sexual in nature

—-

Just some extra info in case it makes any difference to you.

Now unless the inappropriate messages were unsolicited but for all we know, the girl was flirting with him too.
😬

Would it surprise you to learn that things that society was ok with in the past can change? Just because something used to be socially acceptable doesn't mean it should be now.
Red Hot Chili Peppers singer is dating a 19 year old. 17, 19…not much of a difference. Both legal. Red Hot Chili Peppers hasn’t been canceled.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Tell that to the Hollywood elites who cheer Roman Polanski at award shows when that guy raped, not even a 16 or 17 year-old, but a13-year old.

So then you gotta ask yourself: How do you feel about supporting people who support a pedophile? Because everytime you go see Hollywood movies, that's kind of what you're doing.

Anyone who engages in sexual communication or activity with a child should be roundly condemned, no matter who they are.

Whataboutism is pointless here. Nobody here is cheering on people in Hollywood.

Last edited:
There’s no concrete evidence the kid was 17.… unless it’s been confirmed somewhere I haven’t seen?

Seems like something being spread about by Doc fans to soft pedal what happened.
Yeah I actually don’t know why I’ve been operating under the assumption she was 17. I thought that was confirmed? I definitely read it somewhere.

Boss Mog

Anyone who engages in sexual communication or activity with a child should be roundly condemned, no matter who they are.

Whataboutism is pointless here. Nobody here is cheering on people in Hollywood.
What I said has nothing to do with "whataboutism". A whataboutism is used as a defensive argument and thus would imply I was defending Dr Disrespect and that's not the case at all, quite the opposite in fact. I'm saying: "it's great that you won't support this scumbag but hopefully you also won't support these even bigger scumbags".

Also, I never said anything about cheering Hollywood people on, I said "supporting" them (i.e. giving them money).

Dutchy

Roman Polanski
That was 45 years ago. And he still got arrested, sentenced, publicly shamed for decades and is atill a fugutive from the U.S. justice system.

Y'all are weird as fuck trying make pedophilia look like it's no big deal.

Even if she ends up being "just" one year under the age of consent. Are you guys forgetting he's like fucking 45 years old? How is that an equal playing field and healthy for either individual?

Nowadays I feel like I'm actually an outlier for liking women around my own age, and sometimes even older. It's depressing.

Merkades

Nope, not be cause of the current controversy, I don't care about that in the slightest. I just could not care less about him. I probably actually dislike him due to the persona he exudes.

Reading a few more posts and holy shit do some people need to read up on the shit they are talking about. This is not pedophilia. It would be ephebophilia, which if you are being honest, most guys have (sexual interest in people between 15-19), there is also hebephilia which is 11-14, pedophilia is up to 10, though I actually don't know if there is something before it. The point being, one is a lot worse than the other. This is like when people talk about college football players and call them kids...

Last edited:

JohnnyTropics

Neo Member
By and large, it's best to let judges judge, jurors be in juries, and executioners do the executing.
I would hate to lose everything I've worked for in life--not for running afoul of the law, but for running afoul of the collective hive mind which feels compelled to institute their own social laws based on a convoluted matrix of social engineering which comes from sources that no one can quite pinpoint but seems to prioritize something other than the overall health of our country.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I have a 12y.o. daughter, if some man was sexting her id probably end up in prison and he'd be on the hot end of a Johannesburg Tire special but if it was a 17y.o. then that's verging more into "dirty fucking creep" territory than "let's get the nonce" territory, I don't get it, who the fuck wants to communicate with teenagers anyway, they're complete head melts, he wasn't someone I'd regularly watch but what I did catch of him was amusing, I'll reserve my pitchfork till I see the texts and actual age of the recipient

Boss Mog

That was 45 years ago. And he still got arrested, sentenced, publicly shamed for decades and is atill a fugutive from the U.S. justice system.

Y'all are weird as fuck trying make pedophilia look like it's no big deal.

Even if she ends up being "just" one year under the age of consent. Are you guys forgetting he's like fucking 45 years old? How is that an equal playing field and healthy for either individual?

Nowadays I feel like I'm actually an outlier for liking women around my own age, and sometimes even older. It's depressing.
What the fuck are you even on about? I said pedophilia is no big deal? Please show me where I said this, because it would be the opposite of my position on the matter. If you can't, then stfu and don't quote me.

If anything you're the one defending Roman Polanski saying it was a long time ago, he's been punished so it's okay to forgive him now. Well, personally, I don't forgive these kinds of actions, EVER.

As for me pointing out that the girl he raped was 13 as opposed to older, it's not to say "it's no big deal" if the girl is 17, it was to point out that it was a worse crime, under the law. The punishment is greater for a minor under 14 in most Western countries.

You tooting your own horn and virtue signaling about how you like women your own age and it's depressing that you're the only good guy is a huge red flag for me that you are in fact, probably not a good guy.

GreatnessRD

I liked Dr. Disrespect with the "Violence. Speed. Momentum." He leaned away from that after a few years and turned more into a crybaby, but still was entertaining. I had stopped watching his streams once he went to YouTube. With that said, I can't support nobody texting minors. Even if she is 17, still not legal. Should've just waited those couple months or a year. I personally don't think even then bro should be talking to an 18 year old, but that's not my business. Two adults... do ya thang. And if the minor was younger than that, bro need more than a ban I tell you that much.

YOU PC BRO?!

Gold Member
It is definitely immoral for a ~35yo man with a wife and children to be texting a 17yo, I don't think anyone would disagree with that. What is confusing, perhaps because I am a non-American is your countries strange age of consent laws. Don't most states in the US have an age of consent of 16? In-fact, only 8 states have an age of consent of 18 years. If the Dr lives in one state, the event he was allegedly planning to meet this 17yo was in another and she lived in yet a different state - which states laws of consent are we actually supposed to be following? The UK has an age of consent of 16 years. Most of the EU its the same or even lower. Do you people really think that anyone from a country with an age of consent of 16 years is going to consider the Doc a pedophile for trying to hook up with a 17yo?

hinch7

He just got demonitized from Youtube and won't find any other platforms that will accept him. He's done.

Not that I'll watch any more of his stuff anyways.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I have a 12y.o. daughter, if some man was sexting her id probably end up in prison and he'd be on the hot end of a Johannesburg Tire special but if it was a 17y.o. then that's verging more into "dirty fucking creep" territory than "let's get the nonce" territory, I don't get it, who the fuck wants to communicate with teenagers anyway, they're complete head melts, he wasn't someone I'd regularly watch but what I did catch of him was amusing, I'll reserve my pitchfork till I see the texts and actual age of the recipient

Rolling Stone reports the messages were very sexually explicit, that he knew he was sending to a minor, and that appears to be from a creditable source:

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...appropriate-messages-minor-twitch-1235048071/

We're not hearing more about the victim because they want to keep her identity secret... and if there's any legal action, minors are not allowed to be identified.

Last edited:

Danknugz

i have no clue what any of his material is or what he does but since this name has been shoved in my face non stop the entire past week, i will say he always just looked like some creepy weird grown man with that mustache who plays video games for little boys.

it's also kind of weird/creepy seeing all these names i've never see on this site coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden popping up only in this thread to defend the guy, and almost in this cult like fashion like little boys worshipped this guy for some reason.

Last edited:

Astray

I seen it bandied about here, no idea if it's been confirmed, surely it's just a matter of releasing the messages and we can all make our own minds up
Whatever you've seen bandied about is unconfirmed (and I suspect that a lot of people are spreading around that they're a 17 yr old female to soften the blow).

Neither Doc, nor the reporters mentioned the minor's age or gender or any other info about them.

gatti-man

Anyone that would support an aspiring pedophile is sick in the head as well.
See this is why I actually would support him. How many guys do you know that dated (not texted but actually dated) a 17 year old when they were 20 or older. I know quite a few and I’m not going to call them pedophiles. This whole thing is way overblown. Should be a black eye not a career killing thing.m

And I don’t support streamers or Doc personally. Just think a moment of inappropriate behavior 7 years ago isn’t career killing.

Also if twitch had a smoking gun they wouldn’t have paid Doc. They wouldn’t have settled out of court. Like let’s be real. This is not pedophilia. Calling it that weakens the word. It’s like people calling the Israel Palestine thing genocide.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
See this is why I actually would support him. How many guys do you know that dated (not texted but actually dated) a 17 year old when they were 20 or older. I know quite a few and I’m not going to call them pedophiles. This whole thing is way overblown. Should be a black eye not a career killing thing.m

And I don’t support streamers or Doc personally. Just think a moment of inappropriate behavior 7 years ago isn’t career killing.

Also if twitch had a smoking gun they wouldn’t have paid Doc. They wouldn’t have settled out of court. Like let’s be real. This is not pedophilia. Calling it that weakens the word. It’s like people calling the Israel Palestine thing genocide.

You have no idea how old the kid was. He sent sexually graphic messages to them repeatedly, knowing they were under age. This is not in dispute.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

First we don't officially know this minors age or even if this minor is female

Plus a 20 year old dating a 17 year old TO ME is easier to hear than a 35 year old sexting a minor, finding out they are a minor and being ok with it and getting even more graphic with their DMs.

I get in many parts of the world (and even the US) 17 is of consent but again we don't know their age and 17 could very well be a made up number right now to soften the blow though we may never truly find out the age of the minor.

gatti-man

First we don't officially know this minors age or even if this minor is female

Plus a 20 year old dating a 17 year old TO ME is easier to hear than a 35 year old sexting a minor, finding out they are a minor and being ok with it and getting even more graphic with their DMs.

I get in many parts of the world (and even the US) 17 is of consent but again we don't know their age and 17 could very well be a made up number right now to soften the blow though we may never truly find out the age of the minor.
Where he lives it would have been legal. I’m not trying to say what he did was right Ofcourse it isn’t. I just don’t think texting/sexting someone is career killing. He said specifically no photos were exchanged and as I already said if it was explicit I do not think twitch would have settled and paid him.

Let’s be real if it was explicit and a slam dunk twitch would have nailed him in court. People love to say “you don’t know she was 17” yeah well you don’t know what was said either. We don’t really know anything other than twitch settled.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Where he lives it would have been legal. I’m not trying to say what he did was right Ofcourse it isn’t. I just don’t think texting/sexting someone is career killing. He said specifically no photos were exchanged and as I already said if it was explicit I do not think twitch would have settled and paid him.

Let’s be real if it was explicit and a slam dunk twitch would have nailed him in court. People love to say “you don’t know she was 17” yeah well you don’t know what was said either. We don’t really know anything other than twitch settled.
People are free to read into this as whatever they like

For me personally hearing he sexted a minor and found out they were a minor and ramped up the graphic content is in fact career killing, to me

FunkMiller

Gold Member

I don't know why people keep jumping on this like it's a defence for him. Twitch settled out of court to make sure this didn't blow up and affect their bottom line. None of it is proof or otherwise of how bad his behaviour was. Watch the Alanah Pearce video in the other thread. Corporations do not go to the police when they have evidence of this kind of thing, because they don't want the reputational damage.

Jsisto

The only gaming streamer I find remotely interesting is Asmongold, and even then I wouldn’t say I “support” him. These people are almost all weirdos and I feel like people who get invested in their drama are even weirder.

Last edited:
Top Bottom