• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN France: Yes, Redfall was originally planned for PS5

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Your pretending like you don't know he means that as in a game being only on one console and nowhere else.

You may not accept that concept of "exclusive", but you know that's what he means.

Exclusive as in available on one platform. Xbox has zero of these in the works. Play on Xbox, play on PC, play via streaming on a variety of devices, some on Sony, some on Nintendo.

Not able to be played on one or two of those options doesn't make something exclusive to Xbox console.

So we can at least stop pretending we don't know what he meant. You can argue that Bethesda games were going to be on PS, that's fair but stop with the bs.
Mental gymnastics.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How the fuck did this topic reached page 10?
War Mcr GIF by My Chemical Romance

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Just gotta hope that the FTC bring those Sony papers to court so we can actually see secret inside business info on Sonys exclusivity deals...you might then finally get your receipts.
Sure. If that happens, we will have actual stuff, and nobody sane would argue that that's not true.

As of now, the statement that "Sony is still blocking FFVII Remake from coming to Xbox" is baseless. If we have undeniable official information, then it would be true and not baseless.

But until then, it is.

Mr.Phoenix

they are saying Xbox took games away from PlayStation. That Xbox shouldn’t be able to purchases ABK because they will take away games from PlayStation.

But PlayStation is well versed in taking games away from Xbox, for much cheaper.

People here can be upset about Phil Spencer’s “hypocrisy” or “lies” but HE himself never said PlayStation WILL have all future Bethesda games. PlayStation shouldn’t be entitled to Xbox’s first party games after a purchase, that’s not how the industry works.
You are wrong, that isn't what they are actually saying. And more importantly, why they are saying whatever they are saying.

We are aware of how the industry works. We are particularly aware that PS shouldn't be entitled to any Xbox first-party game. That kinda is the whole point.

And the very thing you are dismissing or trying to dismiss about Phil, is the whole point of this thread existing. No one here cares about this game being on PS5. What we do care about though is that this news has validated the very point a lot of us have been making for months about the hypocrisy of Phil, and his shady underhanded way of playing the victim and the underdog.

But more importantly, it speaks to his character. If he can do shady sht like this, publicly saying this or that or making their brand out to look like this or that while doing shit like this (that mind you we a knew he was doing anyways), then why should anything he says be trusted?

Flutta

Banned
To your third and fourth point, whose to say Arkane's funding didn't increase after MS's acquisition. Remember that Double Fine literally credit MS's acquisition for them being able to complete key things like the boss fights in Psychonauts 2, it was a game smaller in scope before that. And Sony doesn't have ownership of those IP, which makes it even worse in terms of them being locked to one console, at least with an acquisition, the expectations are different because of 1P association. If Sony buys Square Enix, it would be a lot less of an issue about their games not coming to Xbox.

Also, the whole CMA documentation/responses are about Sony not wanting CoD to become exclusive. How can anyone say Sony is not pretending exclusivity is good/bad.

Now you're just grasping at straws, has Bethesda a history of having trouble funding their games? You seem to have already forgotten what this thread is about, a PS5 version was already planned here (prob worked on even).
Double Fine has nothing to to do with Bethesda and their studios. And from what i remember Double Fine was not doing so well financially and i have no issues with MS helping out these types of studios but we're getting out of topic.

I have a hard time believing you here. What you're saying makes no sense. The difference is SE will still release games on Xbox if MS really cared about their games "cough FF14 cough" because Sony doesn't own them or their IP's. That's a BIG ASS difference. MS could right now go to SE and tell them we want this and that here's a bag of money. You really believe SE would say no?..... Anyways compare that to Bethesda and their massive fanbase on PlayStation, now owned by MS a direct competitor to Sony. Tell me now who dictates where The Elder Scrolls, Fallout series, DOOM, Wolfenstein, QUAKE........etc etc on which platform those games are going to end up on?

Your last sentence i won't even entertain....

Last edited:
The only reason they've been willing to bring smaller titles to Xbox at all in some instances is moneyhats.

Whatever happened to Octopath Traveller 1 on playstation? It's still missing, why aren't the gaming media investigating that?

Is “the gaming media” investigating FF7R? 😆 i doubt many people care.

I’ll play it on GamePass when the whole remake is done 👍

GHG

Is “the gaming media” investigating FF7R? 😆 i doubt many people care.

I’ll play it on GamePass when the whole remake is done 👍

You might want to take a gander through this very thread and then do a Google search for the 2 respective topics.

Happy waiting and happy enlightenment.

Last edited:

Gobjuduck

Banned
It's the prequel to FFVII on Xbox and Switch. I'm sure the great sales it had on Xbox will entice SE to release future FF games on Xbox.
I ensure you it sold well enough on Xbox. FF7 would make its ROI on Xbox, just like every other final fantasy release and port. Find me an example of FF losing money on Xbox.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I ensure you it sold well enough on Xbox. FF7 would make its ROI on Xbox, just like every other final fantasy release and port. Find me an example of FF losing money on Xbox.
Crisis Core on all xbox was 6% of retail in UK....that's half just the ps4 version and it sold like 70% on ps5...

Gobjuduck

Banned
Crisis Core on all xbox was 6% of retail in UK....that's half just the ps4 version and it sold like 70% on ps5...
Not impressive, That’s still enough to pay for the port costs. FF7R would have much more sales, you know.

It’s only off the switch and Xbox because of exclusively. Square enix isn’t opposed to cloud versions on switch.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Yeah that's why SE are releasing the games outside the timed exclusive periods. I agree with your observation

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Not impressive, That’s still enough to pay for the port costs. FF7R would have much more sales, you know.

It’s only off the switch and Xbox because of exclusively. Square enix isn’t opposed to cloud versions on switch.
Xbox and switch sales total at less than 20% of sales (18%).I am not sure that developping for 5 more platforms for 20% of revenue is really worth it. (switch xb1,x1x,xss,xsx), that require time money and people to get a really low revenue, so I'm not as sure as you that this would really be worth it, just like you can't know if FF7R would've sold more.

Your pretending like you don't know he means that as in a game being only on one console and nowhere else.

You may not accept that concept of "exclusive", but you know that's what he means.

Exclusive as in available on one platform. Xbox has zero of these in the works. Play on Xbox, play on PC, play via streaming on a variety of devices, some on Sony, some on Nintendo.

Not able to be played on one or two of those options doesn't make something exclusive to Xbox console.

So we can at least stop pretending we don't know what he meant. You can argue that Bethesda games were going to be on PS, that's fair but stop with the bs.
is not your job to make damage control for a triple trillion dollar company.

PR statements should be "carefully crafted" to not bite you in the ass.

the same as the "we believe in generations"
remember?.(you can try to make damage control to justify Jim) the reality of the situation is that it was a BAD PR statment.

Xbox/Phill Sencer keeps making poor PR statements that keeps bite them in their ass.

just one example:
talking about Project Scorpio E32016:

..."with 6TF of power this is hadware build specifically, to lead the consoles industry into True 4K gaming AND High Fidelity VR."

this is why Phil Spencer has become a joke.

Gobjuduck

Banned
How do you know that?
Porting from PC to Xbox is fairly simple. Optimizing for the Xbox platform is a bit more of a task, but it’s not costly. Especially not costly enough to keep FF7R off Xbox and switch.

Xbox and switch sales total at less than 20% of sales (18%).I am not sure that developping for 5 more platforms for 20% of revenue is really worth it.
it’s worth it.

quest

Not Banned from OT
That is on SE for not building a fan base on xbox. They basically pick and choose games to release and most are very old games when they come out. That's not the way to build a fan base. It be like a TV network complaining about ratings of a show but also leave out they skip showing seasons of a show and the seasons that come out are years late. Why would a anyone who owns a xbox be a fan when they are treated like crap by SE.

graywolf323

That is on SE for not building a fan base on xbox. They basically pick and choose games to release and most are very old games when they come out. That's not the way to build a fan base. It be like a TV network complaining about ratings of a show but also leave out they skip showing seasons of a show and the seasons that come out are years late. Why would an anyone who owns a xbox be a fan when they are treated like crap by SE.
at the same time though there was that period where SE ported FFVII-XII and Kingdom Hearts 1-3 to Xbox and put them on Game Pass

so it seems likely they know whether or not it’s worth bothering from the statistics they got back

Top Bottom