• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN France: Yes, Redfall was originally planned for PS5

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
It is the same thing. It was neither announced nor available on PSN. You could not pre-order it for example.

Anyway, this news are nothing special.
It was going to be on PlayStation 5 and Microsoft stopped it.

This is proof.

You guys need to stop playing dumb and admit that Microsoft acquired Zenimax and stopped it from releasing on PlayStation 5.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Neither do I, but not everybody has the financial means to play on all platforms.

Final Fantasy VII Remake and Redfall / Starfield are completely different things. The timed-exclusivity period for FFVII Remake was for 1 year, which expired years ago. It's SE that's not porting the game to Xbox.

Redfall and Starfield were stopped from coming to PlayStation because of Microsoft's intervention. Yet they kept chanting "more games for everyone" and scoring positive PR points.

It was extremely hypocrite of them. And I hope reasonable minds here, like yourself, at least call them out for this.
Again I really don't care about exclusive stuff and splitting hairs like so many people are from both camps

I just don't care about it enough to "call them out" when some form of it is practiced by everyone because neither is ok

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It was going to be on PlayStation 5 and Microsoft stopped it.

This is proof.

You guys need to stop playing dumb and admit that Microsoft acquired Zenimax and stopped it from releasing on PlayStation 5.

Of course they did, Microsoft literally said it straight after the acquisition.

It's obvious that every game would have had as many platforms as possible planned.
No, that's not obvious. FFVII R is skipping Xbox only because Xbox is not even worth putting games on apparently. Zero exclusivity agreement involved, according to these same people throwing a years long temper tantrum. SQEX just releases Crisis Core, but not FFVII. Literally these same people making this argument repeatedly. It's clown shoes. None of this is a real conversation.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Honestly exclusivity stuff doesn't bother me as I play on all platforms and I don't pledge my undying allegiance to a certain brand
Well alot of gamers don’t have the means to play on ALL platforms and this is about Phil taking away games from these gamers while at the same time claims he’s againt it and also want to reach out to ”150 million gamers” at the same time……

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
My theory is that people have mixed what was said about CoD and what was said about Bethesda due to low attention span or dishonesty.

MS has done exactly what they said on the Bethesda deal.
The 24/7 defense of a lying company by "gamers" is indeed astonishing. The fact that you're willing to put your integrity on the line to defend lying corporations... wow

This is what they said regarding the Zenimax deal.

Xjq0L76.jpg
bMK7EYq.jpg
C6IsbwF.jpg
VZU6NRR.jpg

Jdo2NYx.jpg
8CvyOle.jpg

Astray

No sugar coating at all, just point blank this shit got canned directly because of the acquisition. I wonder if like Mikami he has no long term plans to be employed by Microsoft.
That's the only reason I can find for him saying stuff like that so publicly.

Do what you want with your acquisitions, but please stop pretending you're the Saviour of gaming. It was doing just fine before.
Agreed. Microsoft was gaining praise it never deserved, and business is business, but that doesn't mean MS's offer to Sony for a 10 year contract was bogus, especially if they had made legal agreements. Sony didn't accept so they might get nothing now and it would serve them right for trying to jam up the deal.

With all that said, just because one single player game got pulled, it doesn't mean CoD would be as well. If it was me, I'd give Playstation nothing since they've given Xbox nothing in return.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

No, because it was not promised to be on PS in the first place. Now, Stellar Blade on the other hand...

It is the same thing. It was neither announced nor available on PSN. You could not pre-order it for example.

Anyway, this news are nothing special.
Stellar Blade was never announced or promised for Xbox Series S/X. It was announced for Xbox One and PS4.

Last edited:

TonyK

But that's normal, right? I mean, for me was weird to release Deathloop or Ghostwire Tokyo in PS5. But I understand the release was anounced before the adquisition. I imagine if Sony buys a studio it will make any game as exclusive.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Well alot of gamers don’t have the means to play on ALL platforms and this is about Phil taking away games from these gamers while at the same time claims he’s againt it and also want to reach out to ”150 million gamers” at the same time……
Just not an argument I am going to entertain

And sorry for that group that buys a PS5 yet can not afford $200 on a used Series S to play games like this

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
We didn't have a source for this until today.

It's obvious that every game would have had as many platforms as possible planned.

Ive never been in the camp that PS5 versions of games didnt exist before the purchase. I believe a multiplatform developer will have absolutely planned to have their games on every platform possible. Of course Microsoft made all these recent games exclusive. They even sat down after the purchase and told the world. that's what the purchase was for.

"But if you're an Xbox customer," Spencer continued, "the thing I want you to know is this is about delivering great exclusive games for you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists. And that's our goal, that's why we're doing this, that's the root of this partnership that we're building - and the creative capability we'll be able to bring to market for Xbox customers is going to be the best it's ever been for Xbox after we're done here."
This Phil Spencer quote was 2 days after closing the acquisition.

Before the acquisition closed, his statements were like "this deal is not done for taking games away from another playerbase."

JaksGhost

Hum, like FF Remake and XVI, Silent Hill, Kotor
and mucho more...
Final Fantasy VII Remake had it's exclusivity period announced in it's trailer along with all of the other games you listed except for KOTOR since SIE is publishing that one themselves. False equivalences continue to beat some of your asses.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
No, because it was not promised to be on PS in the first place. Now, Stellar Blade on the other hand...
Project Eve in development for PS4 and Xbox One. And was later canceled.

Sony funded the studio, which then started developing Stellar Blade, which was announced for PS5 and PC. There is no PS4 version, just like there is no Xbox One version.

Gobjuduck

Banned
Final Fantasy VII Remake had it's exclusivity period announced in it's trailer
What, Xbox went years without knowing if it would ever come to the platform. The exclusivity terms were never clear.

Now it seems like it’s exclusive forever like sf5 another big multiplatform franchise.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
It was never coming to Xbox.
PROJECT EVE was announced for X1, PS4 and PC.
STELLAR BLADE was announced for PS5.

Different titles. So Stellar Blade was "never announced or promised" for Xbox...
Oh, Project Eve isn't Stellar Blade? I thought that Project Eve was the development name and Stellar Blade was the final name. I am so confused.

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land

Flutta

Banned
Summarised my stance on this perfectly. The constant lying, hypocrisy and PR bullshittery is what makes all of this abhorrent, not the business practices themselves.
This.

I mean at least be upfront about it and stop this double play pretending to be the ”The good guy” who’s against exclusivity, and then goes ahead and literally makes Bathesdas whole line-up of future games exclusive….

The worst part is the people defending this dude when he’s caught lying multiple times. It’s disgusting to say the least.

Kvally

Banned
Project Eve in development for PS4 and Xbox One. And was later canceled.

Sony funded the studio, which then started developing Stellar Blade, which was announced for PS5 and PC. There is no PS4 version, just like there is no Xbox One version.
Ah ok. I thought Project Eve was the same game as Stellar Blade, just a development name at the time. I didn't know they were two different games. My bad.

Kvally

Banned
Not worth it for a mid looking game
Doesn't everyone have a "gaming rig" PC anyway? So everyone will be able to play this game even if they don't have an Xbox. Hence "Xbox is redundant when I have a PC and PS"

I am not a PC gamer at the moment, which is why I have PS5 and XSX.

Top Bottom