• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN France: Yes, Redfall was originally planned for PS5

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
389b641e88cffec085a1d7d3fc2aa287.gif
Damn Kenan got old, where's Kel?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
No, that's not obvious. FFVII R is skipping Xbox only because Xbox is not even worth putting games on apparently. Zero exclusivity agreement involved, according to these same people throwing a years long temper tantrum. SQEX just releases Crisis Core, but not FFVII. Literally these same people making this argument repeatedly. It's clown shoes. None of this is a real conversation.
Yes, FFVII Remake's exclusivity period has been over for 2 years now.

g5VHYg4.jpg

Sony is not the publisher. Xbox should contact SquareEnix for the port now.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Oh, Project Eve isn't Stellar Blade? I thought that Project Eve was the development name and Stellar Blade was the final name. I am so confused.

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land
Stellar Blade is the scrapped version of Project Eve, expanded and evolved into something new.

Project Eve was supposed to be released the previous generation on last-gen consoles; it never did.

quest

Not Banned from OT
No, that's not obvious. FFVII R is skipping Xbox only because Xbox is not even worth putting games on apparently. Zero exclusivity agreement involved, according to these same people throwing a years long temper tantrum. SQEX just releases Crisis Core, but not FFVII. Literally these same people making this argument repeatedly. It's clown shoes. None of this is a real conversation.
Making absurb decisions is the norm for Square Enix at this point though.

Flutta

Banned
Just not an argument I am going to entertain

And sorry for that group that buys a PS5 yet can not afford $200 on a used Series S to play games like this

Lol you just did with the second part of your post.

First we lie about exclusivity being bad
Then we force people to buy our shitty weak ass garbage of console to play said exclusive games on it and leave behind a library of games and friends because MS ”can’t compete”.

You don’t seem to understand. Bethesda has a huge fanbase on PlayStation and a long history of releasing games Sony consoles.

And your solution is that they should buy a used Series S instead of a PS5??

Kvally

Banned
But Phil Spencer told me that I can play games on the devices I want to play them on?
I think at this point we all know that Bethesda and Activision acquisitions are all about making games exclusive to Xbox and Game Pass. There shouldn't be any surprises anymore. If COD goes exclusive after the 10 year agreement, I wouldn't even bat an eye. These guys are just trying to appeal to anyone who will listen and feed them what they want to hear. I also don't believe that Bungie won't be making exclusive games for PS, including a future Destiny.

It's all about the money, not about us :(

fermcr

Did people really expect Microsoft to keep supporting the PS5 after the Bethesda purchase?
Did people really expect Sony to keep supporting the Xbox after the Insomniac purchase?

Guess there are a lot of gullible people at Neogaf...

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Oh, Project Eve isn't Stellar Blade? I thought that Project Eve was the development name and Stellar Blade was the final name. I am so confused.

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land
It's almost like people are fine using almost identical semantic arguments to defend 'their company while decrying them for the 'opposition'.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Eventually.

But PC players can play Redfield and Starfield day one. In fact, you don't even need a PC. You can stream it on mobile.
So timed exclusives are back to being bad now ....Considering your reply even worse than cancelling on other platform....It changes so often here, it's hard to keep up to date with the narrative.
Edit apparently 1year and 3 months.

Last edited:

jm89

So? I don't see the problem.
That's fine you probably haven't followed the discourse of people denying for months of a ps5 version being planned and now we have the receipt.

Just waiting for someone to spill the beans about a ps5 version of starfield being cancelled by microsoft.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Mr Moose

Sony graced all gamers by lending development support here and freeing it from the shackles of the Series S tyranny. Praise them.
Xbox One and PS4*
The exclusivity window for that has been extended by Sony.

We all know that. You know that too.

its timed exclusivity will run through "at least" December 10, 2021
It's 2023.

Last edited:

graywolf323

It's almost like people are fine using almost identical semantic arguments to defend 'their company while decrying them for the 'opposition'.
I think for the most part people are using it to point out the utter hypocrisy of the Xbox fanboys who were legitimately claiming similar things to justify Starfield & others suddenly being Xbox exclusive

3liteDragon

Literally what everyone with half a brain cell said in the Activision thread when arguing with the morons who were like “sTArfIeLD WaS nEver aNnOUnceD FOR PlAYStATioN”, it was the mental gymnastics & denial in that thread regarding this that makes this news a big deal for some. Now we have official confirmation.

In f

In all fairness, this was talking about DLC for a game you already own. So in original context, it’s got nothing to do with console exclusivity.

He’s also right. Not being able to play a level or dungeon because you own the game on a different platform is ridiculous. And PS does that shit all the time. And I’m not gonna say MS never does it, but I really can’t think of any examples in recent memory.

Last edited:

RobRSG

Once I read a dude complaining that HiFi Rush had its port from Panic Button cancelled for Switch in another forum.

This is proof you can spin a narrative that far any side you want.

Top Bottom