• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN France: Yes, Redfall was originally planned for PS5

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
What makes you think they haven't extended it further ?

Yeah, and it's a very safe bet they've extneded it as the sequel is coming soon.
So when it was extended we got the news,now the extended date has passed by about a year and a half and we have nothing ?Have you considered that Square doesn't see it as a good enough return to port it on Xbox?

Mr Moose

What makes you think they haven't extended it further ?

Yeah, and it's a very safe bet they've extneded it as the sequel is coming soon.
I don't think they'd care now, it's done most of the sales it would have.
its timed exclusivity will run through "at least" December 10, 2021
Intergrade
PlayStation 5
June 10, 2021
Windows
December 16, 2021
Looks like the timed exclusivity ended and the PC version released. They can release it whenever but it's Square-Enix, they are like Atlus.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So when it was extended we got the news,now the extended date has passed by about a year and a half and we have nothing ?Have you considered that Square doesn't see it as a good enough return to port it on Xbox?

Have you considered why Square ported the much less popular Crisis Core to Xbox and not the much more popular FFVII Remake itself ?

Not sure how anyone can say without laughing that anything but moneyhats are involved there. 🤷‍♂️

Looks like the timed exclusivity ended and the PC version released. They can release it whenever but it's Square-Enix, they are like Atlus.

See above. If Square are porting the far less popular Crisis Core to Xbox, FFVIIR would be an automatic shoe-in unless moneyhat/contractually obligated.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Then buy an Xbox, problem solved.

If only this was the stance from the start.

samuel-l-jackson-thats-all-you-had-to-say.gif

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Feel the same about GT7 ?
Yes it is shitty that it is always online, not everyone here have to have double standards, look at those who were indifferent on the redfall always online news, strangely enough a lot of them weren't happy when it was for Gran turismo...Always online is just a shitty practice.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Have you considered why Square ported the much less popular Crisis Core to Xbox and not the much more popular FFVII Remake itself ?

Not sure how anyone can say without laughing that anything but moneyhats are involved there. 🤷‍♂️

See above. If Square are porting the far less popular Crisis Core to Xbox, FFVIIR would be an automatic shoe-in unless moneyhat/contractually obligated.
Yep a remaster I am sure that it must've costed them an arm and a leg.....I'm prettty sure that Ubisoft had to make a loan to port tetris or uno on all platforms.

Maybe testing the water did it do ok on Xbox ?

adamsapple

Yep a remaster I am sure that it must've costed them an arm and a leg.....I'm prettty sure that Ubisoft had to make a loan to port tetris or uno on all platforms.

FFVII R is an Unreal Engine 4 game, porting that from one x86 machine to the other would not cost 20 million dollars. That's a pretty lame excuse.

Kvally

Banned
Supposedly, according to CMA reporting for the acquisition of Activision, Sony is preventing it from coming to Xbox permanently.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-...sda-games-Xbox-and-PC-exclusive.676457.0.html

I have never made a game, but I can't imagine it would be that hard to port a game from Windows PC to Xbox.

adamsapple

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
FFVII R is an Unreal Engine 4 game, porting that from one x86 machine to the other would not cost 20 million dollars. That's a pretty lame excuse.
Yeah and yet Square seems to think it wouldn't sell enough to justify it, maybe xbox is not really the target for japanese games.Unless you have proof that Sony extended the timed exclusivity ?

Forsythia

That's fine you probably haven't followed the discourse of people denying for months of a ps5 version being planned and now we have the receipt.

Just waiting for someone to spill the beans about a ps5 version of starfield being cancelled by microsoft.
Anyone with half a brain knows these games would've been released on PS5 if it wasn't for the acquisition. Even if they haven't been officially announced.

kicker

Banned
Don't you guys get tired of these back and forths? None of these console manufacturers have your best interests at heart. They have no hearts. They are corporations who work to make as much money from you for as long as possible.
You should care about games, not consoles. Care about developers/studios and not heads of publishing.
More exclusive deals are ultimately damaging to the industry, and Nintendo shows what could happen when a single company has no incentive to provide new features (or even basic convenience, quality of life stuff) because you have no choice and can't play any of their games anywhere else.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
Don't you guys get tired of these back and forths? None of these console manufacturers have your best interests at heart. They have no hearts. They are corporations who work to make as much money from you for as long as possible.
You should care about games, not consoles. Care about developers/studios and not heads of publishing.
More exclusive deals are ultimately damaging to the industry, and Nintendo shows what could happen when a single company has no incentive to provide new features (or even basic convenience, quality of life stuff) because you have no choice and can't play any of their games anywhere else.
You Are Wrong Win GIF

Mr Moose

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No it's not. Did you even read it?
In a reply to the UK CMA back in October, Microsoft has stated that Sony has permanently blocked popular titles such as Final Fantasy VII Remake (FF7R), Final Fantasy XVI (FFXVI), Bloodborne, and Silent Hill 2 remaster from coming to the Xbox. Microsoft, in turn, will be making three upcoming Bethesda games, likely Starfield, Redfall, and another unknown title, Xbox and PC exclusive.

We been through this in the OT, you were in that discussion. It is lawyers talking out their ass. They even mention Bloodborne, an IP owned by Sony :pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles:

That is how much weight you can put into that paragraph.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Supposedly, according to CMA reporting for the acquisition of Activision, Sony is preventing it from coming to Xbox permanently.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-...sda-games-Xbox-and-PC-exclusive.676457.0.html

I have never made a game, but I can't imagine it would be that hard to port a game from Windows PC to Xbox.
See adamsapple adamsapple this is how you argue he has sources, sure they are MS sources arguing why their exclusivity would be justified.
So even if I find the source MS debatable, I do agree to take it into account.S alright sony blocked FF, a franchise that has most of its history with playstation, is it still worse than buying a whole publisher ?

Maybe testing the water did it do ok on Xbox ?
Nevermind found an article stating the percentages crisis core did on ps/switch / Xbox according to Nintendo life ....

Square Enix's latest release, Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII - Reunion made its top ten debut this week, coming in at number eight. The RPG spin-off performed particularly well on PlayStation, making up a total of 82% of the sale split across the PS4 and PS5. Switch accounted for 12% while the Xbox made up the final 6%.

X-Wing

Last edited:

sainraja

I am guilty of this too (more so lately), but it seems most of us can't get past the comments the more dedicated people to their plastic boxes make when it comes to the exclusivity of games to those plastic boxes—those people **clearly** have double standards, and they show that over and over without fault. Exclusives exist on both sides of the spectrum. Faulting one over the other or repeating this conversation over and over just takes away from the overall gaming discussion.

Exclusive can be a good and bad thing, though. They can help give a company or box its identity. What is weird about what is happening now, is long standing MP games being turned into exclusives which I don't think should have happened but it has so it is what it is.

Last edited:

adamsapple

No it's not. Did you even read it?

We been through this in the OT, you were in that discussion. It is lawyers talking out their ass. They even mention Bloodborne, an IP owned by Sony :pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles:

That is how much weight you can put into that paragraph.

They mentioned bloodborne, sure, but more importantly they mentioned FF16, Sh2 and VIIR, all of which *are* third party paid exclusives.

It doesn't have any more or less weight than people saying just because a trailer 2 years ago said '6 months exclusive' it means the exclusivity window couldn't have been extended, especially after it had been done once before as well.

X-Wing

I am guilty of this too (more so lately), but it seems most of us can't get past the comments the more dedicated people to their plastic boxes make when it comes to the exclusivity of games to those plastic boxes—those people **clearly** have double standards, and they show that over and over without fault. Exclusives exist on both sides of the spectrum. Faulting one over the other or repeating this conversation over and over just takes away from it really.

Exclusive can be a good and bad thing, though. They can help give a company or box its identity. What is weird about what is happening now, is long standing MP games being turned into exclusives which I don't think should have happened but it has so it is what it is.

I don't have an issue with exclusives. I have an issue with hypocrisy and lies.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Two posts above yours.
Two posts below yours and 4 posts below yours...Bloodborne that famous moneyhat that has beeb co devellopped by sony first parties and which sony owns the IP, so maybe not that trustworthy with such a mistake in the 4 example they give, in one sentence there is already a 25% of error.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
No jokes or trying to be sassy... but I really wanted to know if the usual shills really gain anything for the constant PR spin on MS topics ... I cant for the heart of me believe is all blind fanboyism... if you are going to put your integrity on the line for a plastic box at least must be to gain something in return...

Or lying your teeth out and doing constant mental gymnastics must be really fun for some people

adamsapple

Two posts below yours and 4 posts below yours...Bloodborne that famous moneyhat that has beeb co devellopped by sony first parties and which sony owns the IP, so maybe not that trustworthy with such a mistake in the 4 example they give, in one sentence there is already a 25% of error.

25% error ? lol ok, well going by your logic it's 75% true, so it's 3 times more true than it is false. 🤷‍♂️

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They mentioned bloodborne, sure, but more importantly they mentioned FF16, Sh2 and VIIR, all of which *are* third party paid exclusives.

It doesn't have any more or less weight than people saying just because a trailer 2 years ago said '6 months exclusive' it means the exclusivity window couldn't have been extended, especially after it had been done once before as well.
Which shows the validity of out of touch lawyering over vidya.

DaGwaphics

Poor IGN. They think this is news.

Next at 11, water is in fact wet. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

They already said they started work on this game long before the acquisition process was started or completed.

JaksGhost

What, Xbox went years without knowing if it would ever come to the platform. The exclusivity terms were never clear.

Now it seems like it’s exclusive forever like sf5 another big multiplatform franchise.
You mean the Street Fighter 5 that Sony came in and saved by co-funding? The people these questions need to be directed at are the developers and not Sony. FFVIIR exclusivity period ended March 3, 2021 for the PlayStation and its even displayed on the box art.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
25% error ? lol ok, well going by your logic it's 75% true, so it's 3 times more true than it is false. 🤷‍♂️
Congrats you didn't understand my post , there is a 25% of confirmed error, probably like that Superman game sony is supposedly develloping...I will simplify it for you...In a divorce X will say Y did bad things and the opposite too, but none are to be trusted.In this case you are only listening to MS that have been known to lie ... a lot.

Top Bottom