• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Karl Urban in Final Talks to Play Johnny Cage in ‘Mortal Kombat 2’ Movie

Puscifer

First 10 minutes felt like a concept for a movie that a couple of talented people put together and created to pitch to a studio and then the studio said "sure, make a whole movie of this but change these 100,000 things" and they were like "well, fuck".

It's so different from the rest of the movie I refuse to believe the entire movie was planned like this.
Absolutely, on some level I still liked it but it's total 180 of what I was expecting. There's subverting expectations like One Hour Photo (I don't care, Robin Williams best and he's said several times he was disturbed playing it) or Joker (rare example of it done right after 2015).

Then there's new crop of stuff that literally seems to pull the rug out from under you, great examples being Mortal Kombat and the Last Jedi (admittedly on some level I liked it as a standalone movie but you literally advance the plot 8 hours and start back at step 1)

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Really disappointed by this one. Not because I don't think he would be good because he is good at pretty much everything he does, but because he would be the best Kano that anyone could ever dream of.

Karl Urban is awesome, I just never pictured him as a Johnny Cage candidate, I would have never guessed he’d even be in the running. I’m interested.

1990s MK good? What planet are people on. It was awful. Crap story (I know they didn't have much to go with in the first place) shit acting, awful cinematography, embarrassing special effects, even for the mid 90s and possibly the worst soundtrack ever made.

And yet somehow, MK Annihilation ended up being even worse.

I was disappointed when I first watched it as a 10 year old fan of the games. That's how poor it was.

The latest version is an award winning classic of our times compared to the 90s films.

Say what you want about the rest of the film, opinions are opinions and all, but you cannot tell me with a serious heart that these are bad songs:

Brigandier

Only headline involving Karl Urban I want to see...

Karl Urban in Final Talks to Play Judge Dredd in ‘Dredd 2’ Movie

Denzel Washington GIF

Top Bottom