• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liam Neeson wants to appear in a Star Wars spinoff film as Qui-Gon Jinn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they'll actually give him a personality in this one.

Seriously though, I hope these spin-offs stay away from established characters from the trilogies. There's an entire galaxy of characters to choose from; give us something new.

Log4Girlz

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my padawan go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

My head hurts from all these posts. Boba Fett wasn't even born yet when Qui-Gon died.....

Too late. First spinoff is out next year. And episode 8 in 2017 followed by second spinoff in 2018 and then episode 9 in 2019.
Well... damn. That might be too much Star Wars though...

Yes Qui-Gon!! I was legit sad when they burned his body in the movie.
Qui-Gon and Darth Maul should not have died in the first movie. The whole prequel trilogy lacks a central villain, and Maul was an amazing villain. Just look at his battle intro from Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxrJBNQg4A

Maul should have been killed at the end of the second or beginning of the third movie (taking Qui Gon with him), and it should have been made clear that Anikin was taking his place as "Darth" Vader as the Emperor's strongman.

watershed

Banned
I would actually be interested in this film. With a better script I think the Qui-Gon character could be a memorable jedi and Neeson has already proven his action chops.

Except that just doesn't make sense realistically and/or psychologically. You see young people, for a whole host of reasons, are the ones that are usually risk takers and defiant. Older people, on the other hand, tend to become engrained in their ways after gaining years of experience and wisdom, accordingly they are usually resistant to change and generally more cautious. So for Obi-Wan to be this super cautious rule follower and Qui-Gonn to be this rebel with radical ideas is just odd.

Normally yes, but the Jedi take young children and then raise them in their ways. They are raised not to take risks or question orders. These kids don't know anything else.

It is why Anakin is so different. It went to the Jedi when he was older than most children. He had dreams and adventures, and had more of a normal childhood than obi wan, so he was more use to taking risks and being a free spirit.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Is it wrong that I read Neeson's quotes in his American accent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom