• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road "Black & Chrome" Edition - Releasing December 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simo

nxxAnXM.jpg
Special Features and Additions:

*NEW! *George Miller Introduction to the Mad Max Fury Road: Black and Chrome Edition – Special introductory piece by George Miller describing his vision.
http://www.cinelinx.com/blu-crew/it...ad-black-chrome-blu-ray-details-revealed.html
Mad Max fans will have something to put atop their holiday gift lists with the Mad Max High Octane Collection, debuting December 6 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE). All four films from visionary director George Miller’s blockbuster sci-fi franchise -- Mad Max (1979); Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981); Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985); and Mad Max: Fury Road (2015), now with Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky -- are together in one collection.

The Mad Max High Octane Collection is available to own in both Blu-ray ($79.99 SRP) and DVD ($54.97 SRP) versions. Both collections include the four films and five hours of bonus content, including the visually stunning Mad Max: Fury Road “Black & Chrome” Edition. The Blu-ray collection will also include a 4K-Ultra HD version and a UV Digital Copy of Mad Max: Fury Road.

High_Octane_BD.JPEG

High Octane Collection Special Features and Additions:

§ NEW! *Fury Road “Black & Chrome” Edition – Witness the surreal black and white version of mastermind George Miller’s Fury Road.

§ NEW! *George Miller Introduction to the Mad Max Fury Road: Black and Chrome Edition – Special introductory piece by George Miller describing his vision.

§ NEW! Road War – In 1982, the world was blindsided by George Miller’s masterpiece of apocalyptic destruction: The Road Warrior. For the first time ever George Miller, Terry Hayes and star Mel Gibson tell the story of the car-crushing production that redefined action cinema forever.

§ Madness of Max – The previously released Mad Max (1979) documentary is a feature-length documentary on the making of arguably the most influential movie of the past thirty years. With over forty cast-and-crew interviews, hundreds of behind-the-scenes photographs and never-before-seen film footage of the shoot, this is, without a doubt, the last word on Mad Max (1979). Interviews include: George Miller, Byron Kennedy, Mel Gibson, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Steve Bisley, Roger Ward, Joanne Samuel, David Eggby, Jon Dowding and many more. From the Producers to the Bike Designers to the Traffic Stoppers, this is the story of how Mad Max was made.

This was originally revealed to be something Amazon Germany was selling this fall so thankfully now WB has announced it for worldwide release!

Ridley327

Damn it, I already own all four films, including the spiffy set that Shout Factory did for the first film. Stop giving me reasons to double dip!

daviyoung

Banned
worth it for the other special features in the collectors edition, but the technicolour-like presentation was one of the defining parts of the film

Simo

worth it for the other special features in the collectors edition, but the technicolour-like presentation was one of the defining parts of the film

There should be new docs for the Road Warrior and Thunderdome discs too, at least according to the German listing.

Zakalwe

Banned
I watched this for the second time yesterday, and I love it even more. It's the perfect action film, and it has so many little nuanced moments that it rewards repeat viewing greatly.

The soundtrack is also really damn good.

Lunar15

I still don't really understand why people want a black and white version of the movie.

The reason people are asking for it at all is because George Miller said that it was his original vision to have it in black and white. When they told him he couldn't do that, he went the opposite direction and ratcheted up the saturation.

The movie's a love letter to old black and white films, particularly Buster Keaton's "The General".

I'm personally not interested, but there is reason for the clamor.

Buying that set. Fuck man it would be epic if he recut the black and white edition to edit out the conversational scenes (mostly involving furiosa) and removing all sound too aside from the OST. Without that you get basically the greatest buster keaton movie of all time.

Veelk

Banned
The reason people are asking for it at all is because George Miller said that it was his original vision to have it in black and white. When they told him he couldn't do that, he went the opposite direction and ratcheted up the saturation.

The movie's a love letter to old black and white films, particularly Buster Keaton's "The General".

I'm personally not interested, but there is reason for the clamor.

Well, whatever people want to see and to each their own, I guess. But every shot/scene I've seen of this, I just kept thinking how the colored version looked better.

GhaleonEB

I totally expected the collection to not include the Black and Chrome edition, but it sounds like it does?

So. Fucking. Bought.

This is one of the best -- and one of the most unique -- movies of all time. They have all the rights in the world to do a cash grab IMO.

You will not see any movie like this again in your lifetime.

Buying that set. Fuck man it would be epic if he recut the black and white edition to edit out the conversational scenes (mostly involving furiosa) and removing all sound too aside from the OST. Without that you get basically the greatest buster keaton movie of all time.
Controversial scenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom