• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVMERS - The History of Mad Max

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In 1979, George Miller’s Mad Max introduced movie-going audiences to a post-apocalyptic anti-hero, the titular Mad Max, who went on to inspire generations of other morally ambiguous pop culture figures across multiple mediums of entertainment. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome hit theaters in 1985, marking the third entry in the wildly successful series. It unwittingly denoted the start of a decades-long drought, too, which wouldn’t end until Mad Max: Fury Road and Avalanche Studios’ Mad Max released in May and September of 2015, respectively.

Though the open-world Avalanche game bore minimal relation to the fourth Mad Max film, the two projects shared a tumultuous production history. However, confusion abounds with regards to when exactly their paths crossed and later diverged. The sprawling Mad Max adventure that players ultimately installed on their PC, PlayStation 4, or Xbox One was not what George Miller initially had in mind upon pursuing a video game adaptation several years prior. Still, Avalanche Studios managed to produce an experience that honored the director’s seminal epics.

The crew at Avalanche also carefully crafted a product that fans of its past open-worlds could appreciate, even if they harbored little to no nostalgia for the blockbuster film franchise. Accomplishing as much proved an arduous task; although, at the very least, the hard work went on to cement the licensed title as a cult classic worthy of its namesake.

This is the history of Mad Max.

rob305

Ah man I never beat that game. It was a decent game but it came out in between lots of releases. It released within a month of Until Dawn, MGS5, Witcher DLC, Arkham Knight, Halo 5, Uncharted Collection, AC Syndicate and more...

Really wanted to finish the game but had to drop it because I wanted to play something else, fall of 2015 was nuts.
They should have just released it in the spring of 2016, I'm sure it would have done a lot better the game was pretty decent

Top Bottom