• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAD MAX |OT| Beyond Thunderpoon

Posted in PC performance thread, but this one gets more traffic and perhaps with some PS4 players here they can offer some guidance on PS4 v. (lower end) PC:

I have the i3 but went with 12gb RAM and a SSD. Anyone else go with this and can confirm it runs fine? Torn between getting on Steam or going PS4.

Also, I saw GMG had for $48 and CDKeys for $19 or so -- are they reputable? I used to think GMG was but didn't they have an issue a few months back?

Played for a good stretch today. Probably 6 hours or so. Jeet's threat is almost down to zero. I'm working on Gutgash's region now

I take it that you went straight to lowering the threat than doing anything else.
I'm little over 18 hours with Jeets threat level about half way on threat 1. I been in his region 90% of the time. Think the only things I have felt is a few scrap pieces and minefields.

M_A_C

Posted in PC performance thread, but this one gets more traffic and perhaps with some PS4 players here they can offer some guidance on PS4 v. (lower end) PC:

I have the i3 but went with 12gb RAM and a SSD. Anyone else go with this and can confirm it runs fine? Torn between getting on Steam or going PS4.

Also, I saw GMG had for $48 and CDKeys for $19 or so -- are they reputable? I used to think GMG was but didn't they have an issue a few months back?

We'd need to know your video card for any real advice, but I can say the PS4 version is very good looking and very stable 30 fps.

JoeBoy101

Couple of quick shots.

Sun rising past Jeet's place.
234140_2015-09-04_00004_zpsbfn7frzp.png

Hmm, storm comin.

slapnuts

A lower end PC would struggle with this game...like most of all new games dude. What video card do you have? That is more important than a CPU imho at this time. I have played the game on PS4 and on two PC's..well my pc and roommates PC...my PC is running a 7970ghz Editi9on at 1200mhz core/1600 mem with a i7 3770k@4.8ghz...compared to the PS4...they look damn near identical. I personally went with PC only because it was a tad cheaper and the fact my PC is connected to my big screen plasma along with my PS4

A lower end PC would struggle man...remember dev's get far more out of console hardware than PC currently...Hopefully Dx12 will give PC gamers more out of their HW

We'd need to know your video card for any real advice, but I can say the PS4 version is very good looking and very stable 30 fps.

It's the one that comes in the Alpha, let me look it up... it isn't great, though. Ah, here it is a NVIDIA GeForce GPU 2GB GDDR5

Definity

Watching fury road again tonight and avalanche really nailed the world. Seeing that storm in the movie looked almost identical to the way it rolls in while playing the game. Only thing missing are motorcycles! :)

25 hours in, beat the final mission with Jeet and Gutgash's areas down to Threat Level 0 and the rest down to Threat Level 1. Talk about a surprise, bought it for £20 from GMG with fairly low expectations but the game's really bloody good. I rarely ever finish sandbox games (Exceptions being GTAV, Red Dead Redemption, GTA Vice City & Saints Row 2) so it's a testament to how good the game is that it held my attention long enough to get to the end of it! It's odd how this game has the same activity bloat as other modern sandbox games, but never got tedious or repetitive enough to discourage me from playing hours of the game at a time. Totally worth the price I paid! PC version runs fantastic as well. Avalanche know how to make good PC ports!

Also, here's my Max and Rig after beating the final mission...

2abtReA.jpg

Death Rattle body is godly.

Do enemies still appear after you got the threat level down to zero? I'm worried it will stop any more fights/car chase from happening again. And I don't see any "reset threat level" like reset outposts in Far Cry, or a NG+.

Do enemies still appear after you got the threat level down to zero? I'm worried it will stop any more fights/car chase from happening again. And I don't see any "reset threat level" like reset outposts in Far Cry, or a NG+.

Buzzards are still aways around at night. And Roadkill faction gangs still pop up every now and then I think.

eshwaaz

Over 20 hours in, and I cannot believe how much fun I'm having. This game scratches so many personal gaming itches it's ridiculous. So pleased with how this turned out.

One of my biggest concerns before release was that the Wasteland was going to be a boring, staid environment, but I continue to shake my head in amazement over how diverse, compelling and creative most of the locations are. Even simple scrap runs have taken me to some wonderfully unique areas.

So damn good. Haven't even taken the shrink wrap off of MGS V.

They had some issues with their Witcher 3 release, but I think that was worked out in the end.

I've been using them for a year and havent had any problems.

Lima

So yeah this game has miss able missions with the Wasteland mission stuff. Avalanche you don't do this stuff in an open world game. Especially a big one as this. Now I can't get 100% on that save file. Fucking a.

So if fuel is one of the most important things in the entire wasteland why does Max spend half the game blowing up Oil Wells. I can't imagine they have a lot of extra's lying around so they can keep the gas flowing...

heringer

25 hours in, beat the final mission with Jeet and Gutgash's areas down to Threat Level 0 and the rest down to Threat Level 1. Talk about a surprise, bought it for £20 from GMG with fairly low expectations but the game's really bloody good. I rarely ever finish sandbox games (Exceptions being GTAV, Red Dead Redemption, GTA Vice City & Saints Row 2) so it's a testament to how good the game is that it held my attention long enough to get to the end of it! It's odd how this game has the same activity bloat as other modern sandbox games, but never got tedious or repetitive enough to discourage me from playing hours of the game at a time. Totally worth the price I paid! PC version runs fantastic as well. Avalanche know how to make good PC ports!

Also, here's my Max and Rig after beating the final mission...

2abtReA.jpg

Death Rattle body is godly.
Congrats man! That's one sweet ride!

This game can make you feel so badass sometimes, I swear

MM1142b2.gif

MM3f6824.gif

And check this timely boost dodge. That mediocre war boy ain't gonna be in Rush Hour 3 Valhalla.

MM2b9687.gif

The_Afroman

Just installed it. OMG looks beautiful on my new Ultrawide monitor.. this is the game to test out the cinematic awesomeness.

Ok, so capture mode. How do i remove the black bars on left and right? i'm playing in 2056x1080 but it always crops it to 1080p.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Managed to beat Act 3, dropped some weight from my car and drove oddly slow in that event. I have to assume the target wasn't really racing independent of my speed/track placement.

So yeah this game has miss able missions with the Wasteland mission stuff. Avalanche you don't do this stuff in an open world game. Especially a big one as this. Now I can't get 100% on that save file. Fucking a.
If that's true, I suspect I missed something.
Never spoke to Hope until reaching Gastown, and it seemed like she referred to events I missed, or blinked during.
I was worried about that, when
seemingly jumped from Gutgash's place to Pink Eye's over the course of almost no game time at all for me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I have one complaint about the game it's that Max looks stupider and stupider as you upgrade him towards the highest tiers

A lower end PC would struggle with this game...like most of all new games dude. What video card do you have? That is more important than a CPU imho at this time. I have played the game on PS4 and on two PC's..well my pc and roommates PC...my PC is running a 7970ghz Editi9on at 1200mhz core/1600 mem with a i7 3770k@4.8ghz...compared to the PS4...they look damn near identical. I personally went with PC only because it was a tad cheaper and the fact my PC is connected to my big screen plasma along with my PS4

A lower end PC would struggle man...remember dev's get far more out of console hardware than PC currently...Hopefully Dx12 will give PC gamers more out of their HW

Hmmm, does sound like I should get the PS4 version now and then pick up the PC version when it is *super* cheap (like < $10) just to have it for the future when I have a better computer. Thanks!

They had some issues with their Witcher 3 release, but I think that was worked out in the end.

I've been using them for a year and havent had any problems.

While I'll likely pick up for the PS4, that's good to hear -- I still buy quite a few PC games and this'll be an option.

So I went on a quest to find the load start screen area. Looking at it gave me a clue to the location.

Note: If you go far enough out the sandstorms end and you can see easily. I wish someone would make a mod to turn that off and the giant warring messing flashing on the screen. I like exploring, and yes i did run out of gas looking out in the big nothing.

21180475545_3fcba29658_b.jpg

lower right point
57AD8473BB01852CDC4713C602694DB7140F2167

The road ends near the bridge
82363AF650C25015D97D2A82BEF253BC4219A4E0

From that load screen point go south-west and you will find this random encounter testing station.

8D47E21B34CE4B7E9F36A5340AD1BE7AE417A231

After finding this stuff I went to look for more, and there is more stuff out there.

Upper north
E8E54CF4A16CB737D256DD4DF09F943E48FA398B

lower south, a map bug. I didn't find to many other buggy things like this, just a small hole in the map.

71118285040FD81C1C5DF3014AA1502EC10245AA

near the top edge of the map, it real is rocky in that region

9AE9A2B95DD5E1F5BAC895F54E8D31F1DEA1E805

south edge of the map gets sandy

00BDC2279FD07E9E301FA857A219BFE92081E691

heading east

D464C060B2733999A32299522230EF389C1B34B9

I wont post other things, you can find them. The map is big, I just wish they would have used more of it!

PaulloDEC

So why didn't any of the Australians involved say that they're saying wrong? Maybe it's not meant to be pronounced right.

That's kinda how I'm justifying it in my head. Maybe most of them have only ever seen it written on a can?

Still bugs me though, ha.

Poona

That's kinda how I'm justifying it in my head. Maybe most of them have only ever seen it written on a can?

Still bugs me though, ha.

Yeah, it is similar to how those unfamiliar with things like Bondi beach say Bondi (incorrectly saying dee instead of die).

I just figure the characters are either just thick as or they chose to intentionally say it different for whatever reason.

Beat a top dog last night and while I'm still enjoying it, there is a sense of boredom starting to creep in. The story missions aren't particularly exciting, the side missions and encounters are mostly garbage (although I did enjoy the one in the underpass where you come across a rig that looks almost identical to the one in Fury Road, but there's just not much to keep my interest right now.

You can't just focus on story missions as that leaves you pretty vulnerable in terms of upgrades but the side activities are so boring and repetitive that it's hard to muster any kind of motivation to continue doing them.

Is there any to force the day/night cycle? I've got 2 side quests left to do that need to be done at night and I've been driving round for a couple of hours and it's still high noon.

M.W.

Beat a top dog last night and while I'm still enjoying it, there is a sense of boredom starting to creep in. The story missions aren't particularly exciting, the side missions and encounters are mostly garbage (although I did enjoy the one in the underpass where you come across a rig that looks almost identical to the one in Fury Road, but there's just not much to keep my interest right now.

You can't just focus on story missions as that leaves you pretty vulnerable in terms of upgrades but the side activities are so boring and repetitive that it's hard to muster any kind of motivation to continue doing them.

It's far from boring. Time for you to move on.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is there any to force the day/night cycle? I've got 2 side quests left to do that need to be done at night and I've been driving round for a couple of hours and it's still high noon.

From what I can gather it is impossible to "rest" or otherwise make time progress faster.

SRTtoZ

How does this game play with a kb/m? And how will it run on a 2gb 680gtx i7 3820? The price is too good to pass up.

Dueck

Banned
Played for a good stretch today. Probably 6 hours or so. Jeet's threat is almost down to zero. I'm working on Gutgash's region now

I'm working on Jeet's too... Doing jumps to get that water part (I think that's what I need to do). I'm very addicted to this game and I almost didn't purchase it. Crazy.

My second PS4 decided to go (within warranty) so I had a minor delay that made me all antsy. Thank god I have other stuff to play on different platforms.

It's far from boring. Time for you to move on.

I mean, it's fair if you think it's not. Everyone has their idea of what's boring, but suggesting it's time for me to move on because I'm not enjoying or finding as much as enjoyment as others is pretty unnecessary and a more hostile response than my post warranted.

Warablo

This game is pretty good, but I feel underpowered on the 2nd stronghold, and it doesn't help i wasted 1500 scrap on stockpile upgrades accidentally. Hopefully my scrap teams I got will make up for it.

dex3108

I really like combat in Mad Max. I like how you need to block enemy and then kick it. In Batman games you just press counter and enemy is down. Main issue with MM combat is camera and variety. A few more moves beside basic attack, heavy attack and shotgun finisher would be welcomed.

Paganmoon

Wow...that's fucked up. What you should is delete the game install, reinstall it and continue your saved game without the patch and see if it still happens. If it doesn't, it's most likely the patch. If it does, it's something else. And curious, did you start playing the game and then download the patch or downloaded the patch and then start playing?

I know that you can download patches and play your save file but a lot of times, it can cause problems as the file would conflict with the patch since the patch wasn't part of the original save file.

Backup your save file and try some other ways around the glitch.

I might try that, I could play without any problems yesterday night, just stayed in Jeet's and Gutgash's territories though, and so far the glitch has only happened when I've been in Pink Eye's territory.

So I'm going to test some more before reinstalling and what not, and if I have to start over from scratch, I'll more likely just drop the game altogether.

Bullitus

Bite the bullet and bought the game. Seems like a perfect game to play between sessions of MGS V. I'm only a few hours in but I'm already loving the photo mode. Just one question, is there a way to move the camera straight up or down?

Here's my first screenshot. Loving the explosions!

Screenshot-Original.png

M.W.

I mean, it's fair if you think it's not. Everyone has their idea of what's boring, but suggesting it's time for me to move on because I'm not enjoying or finding as much as enjoyment as others is pretty unnecessary and a more hostile response than my post warranted.

You labeled it as boring. You don't have to play it, that's all I was saying.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I can't see any setting to change camera sensitivity. Please say there is one this is way too slow for me.

You labeled it as boring. You don't have to play it, that's all I was saying.

I won't push it, but I did say a sense of boredom was creeping in. It's not boring in the same way that Just Cause 2 was boring after a few hours, but there's a sense of that same kind of boredom slowly creeping in.

A good story mission or side activity would help...

Top Bottom