• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAD MAX |OT| Beyond Thunderpoon

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hmmm. I would love to play a game on my consoles which haven't been getting much love, but on PC is hard to pass up!

Thanks for the rec!

Edit Purchased for full game + DLC. Can't wait to dig in!

Insane how cheap games are on PC compared to console :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Pulling the trigger on this, it's only £10 on CDKeys.

psychotron

So I ditched my XBone copy and picked it up for PS4. It feels soooooo much better. It may just be controller preference but it feels more responsive and it's all clicking better. As far as performance, so far it's actually behaving better for me. On XBox, as I was entering a new area or climbing out of the first below ground section, it would stutter a bit. I haven't had that on PS4. There have been minor hiccups, but nothing bad at all. I guess MGSV is going away for a bit, lol.

Well, I thought I was gonna be able to hold out until Christmas season, but decided to pull the GMG trigger. Downloading the game now.

Degree of Difficulty: I've never played a Just Cause game, or Shadows of Mordor, and only the first Batman Arkham game.

So I'm getting the sense a lot of the gameplay might not seem as ready/tried-and-true to me as it does for a lot of people who got the game.

This is the best time wasting stress free open world game ive played since sleeping dogs. Its just challenging enough to keep me engaged while constantly rewarding me with new things. It goes nicely with until dawn and a couple other games that are the exact opposite.

Not sure if anyone has brought these up before, but I encountered a few bugs while playing the PC version of the game
:
- From time to time a message pops up on screen like a mission objective or notification it will sometimes stay there for the duration of the session. If you're lucky though it won't be there for long.
- Could not access the map at one point on the gamepad or keyboard, and there was not even a map button in the button mapping settings. I think I might have fixed it by driving to a new stronghold and tracking one of the projects, it didn't work the first few times but I got it eventually.
- Just yesterday I encountered a bug that completely disabled fast travel, but all had to do to fix it was reset.

Anyone else run into these problems?

Roussow

Jeez, the stuff on the map here is a bit overwhelming, I just reached Gutgash, I still don't understand what half of it is.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Jeez, the stuff on the map here is a bit overwhelming, I just reached Gutgash, I still don't understand what half of it is.
It's totally over the top but you can hit a button to bring up a legend, IIRC. Might make the icons a bit clearer. But it really is just race/kill/blow up usually.

Dominator

This game man... It's just so fun and satisfying. Currently clearing all of Gutgash's area before moving on and I don't mind it one bit. I get scrap from the camps I've cleared and just from a ton of other things so I accumulate a lot quickly and never really have to go hunting for some.

I've also fully upgraded max with the Griffa points and everything I can buy for him. And I've only done a few story missions lol

autoduelist

I am absolutely loving this game.

I do wish car combat wasn't designed around the harpoon, though. It just makes it all a bit too easy.

I'm on ps4, so it will never happen, but I'd love to see a hardcore mod for this game where you have limited harpoons, and combat is restructured.

Hand to hand is frigging amazing though, especially if you're up against 10 guys or so and have low health.

MacBosse

Not sure if anyone has brought these up before, but I encountered a few bugs while playing the PC version of the game
:
- From time to time a message pops up on screen like a mission objective or notification it will sometimes stay there for the duration of the session. If you're lucky though it won't be there for long.
- Could not access the map at one point on the gamepad or keyboard, and there was not even a map button in the button mapping settings. I think I might have fixed it by driving to a new stronghold and tracking one of the projects, it didn't work the first few times but I got it eventually.
- Just yesterday I encountered a bug that completely disabled fast travel, but all had to do to fix it was reset.

Anyone else run into these problems?

Yeah the first problem happens all the time for me on X1. The map thing happened to another dude on GAF so I guess that is a common bug too. Haven't heard about the fast travel thing though.

KAP151

I am absolutely loving this game.

I do wish car combat wasn't designed around the harpoon, though. It just makes it all a bit too easy.

I'm on ps4, so it will never happen, but I'd love to see a hardcore mod for this game where you have limited harpoons, and combat is restructured.

Hand to hand is frigging amazing though, especially if you're up against 10 guys or so and have low health.

How far in are you, cause late game harpoon is all but useless.....

Impulsor

How far in are you, cause late game harpoon is all but useless.....

No it isn`t? I still use it to save time destroying cars (reveal fuel tank or pull doors off so I can shoot the driver), to bring down snipers and scarecrows and perimeter defense towers.

I do agree that when you get the thunderpoon and the flamethrowers you mix it up way more and use the harpoon less though.

I finished the story 2 days ago, and while it was kind of sudden, I enjoyed it a lot, pretty much portrays why MAX is MAD.

Awesome, awesome game. Took me 28 hours with quite a bit of side content, still have a lot of it to do though.

EDIT: I suppose you meant it isn't useless :S

Roussow

Just a quick question;
I went to ascend in one of the hot air balloons, but it tells me it's out of fuel. There's what looks like a generator right next to it, I bought a fuel canister up to it but there isn't a prompt to refuel. Am I missing something here?

Just a quick question;
I went to ascend in one of the hot air balloons, but it tells me it's out of fuel. There's what looks like a generator right next to it, I bought a fuel canister up to it but there isn't a prompt to refuel. Am I missing something here?

You refuel the balloon instead of the generator.

Lingitiz

Couldn't pass this up at $16 bucks. Seems like a really good PC version.

It seems like people are most positive on this than reviews might imply?

jeemer

this game teased the hell out of me last night. i've had jeets at 0 and guts at 1 for a bit. i had the mission to go to
gastown
but i was holding off as i didn't know how close that would be to the end. did a few more camps last night in pink eyes territory and then decide right, i'm going to
gastown
!

i found the drive exciting, but gastown itself a bit underwhelming. i arrive thinking right, i want this v8. but i need to do this race. nope. apparently i need to go to the underdunes and get light bulbs. ok, took a while, but it's done. now my v8? no, i need to go to crow about a fighter. aaaand now i need to do a job for the fighter. now i need to change my car setup. now i have to do a race with crow. now i have to go back to gastown.

its the race, and i win it!! yes!!! i can see the v8 in the cutscene! then you-know-who turns up. i get in a fight, i win. now to find the v8? nope, after the running around i get another fight and i get chucked down a hole. at that point i had to call it quits and go to bed. I JUST WANTED THE BIG CHIEF YOU CLIFFHANGER MISSION TEASING BASTARDS! i felt so tricked! what a great game though. got carrot and stick'd real good.

I shake my head at all of you that don't use default Max head

oil and bandana crew represent

So I could've had a second copy to give away to a friend or something but I passed on it because I figured maybe the runner up in the little contest I was a part of might not have had it and would really appreciate having it. Of course I find out after they're announced that they already owned the game too. There was a "bonus game" too so I got that but ehhh. What I get trying to be considerate.

I haven't played in a couple days, it took a while but the MGSV bug bit me and I suddenly have five more hours played of it than I do Mad Max because of how much I played yesterday.

MacBosse

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Man this game sure is a looker.

Lorcain

I was having a great time with the game until I hit the Wasteland Classic game breaking bug. There's no way for me to proceed.

• I'm already at Gutgash's garage
  • I've already given Chum the wire
  • I have all the proper components installed...and only those
  • I installed everything from the Archangel screen for the Jack
  • The baby bars are red with no option to install them

There seems to be 2 ways to break this quest. The good news is that one is fixable. Unfortunately, mine isn't.

Problem 1: The mission doesn't update to the next step.
Solution: Install just the correct parts (except the baby bars), and Chum will tell you to drive to Gutgash to get the armor. Everything else should work correctly.

Problem 2 (game breaker): The mission status says, "Install the final upgrade in the garage", but you can't install the upgrade because it requires completion of the Wasteland Classic story mission...which requires installation of the baby bars.

I think the reason problem 2 happens is because I went to Gutgash's garage, got the wire for Chum, but I didn't have the 100 scrap to buy the baby bars. I had to leave the base and go find scrap. I think leaving and not buying the upgrade borks the mission.

JimPanzer

does anyone else experience the game resetting the resolution randomly on PC?
also any way to make the controls not so damn sluggish when playing with a gamepad?

Irobot82

This may have been asked already but can someone explain to me why am I destroying oil drums and wells? Wouldn't the people who re-inhabit the place want to use that stuff?

Raptomex

This may have been asked already but can someone explain to me why am I destroying oil drums and wells? Wouldn't the people who re-inhabit the place want to use that stuff?
My guess is it lowers the threat to the stronghold your helping. Gas is like gold in the wasteland if you want to follow the lore of The Road Warrior. But I could be wrong.
You can build oil wells in the stronghold
. Eliminates competition?

Aranath

It's to stop other factions from coming and trying to take those camps back, due to their value. Remove the pumps and transfer equipment from the equation and their main value is gone. All you're left with is just a settlement. I can't remember when exactly, but I think Chumbucket explains that at some point. Might be one of his random comments while driving around.

Top Bottom