• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Married GAF: Do you have a Hotwife?

Do you have a Hotwife?

• Total voters

Papa

Banned
Is THIS hot enough for you?

EsYJEWS.jpg

She's all mine boys!

She hasn’t had much work lately so it’s nice to see Renee Zellweger landed on her feet.

WELL

I have a middle ground opinion on this.

I personally wouldn't want a "hot wife" in the same way I'm sure some people wouldn't want a "hot husband."

But I also understand that some people have personalities where they will never be loyal to any partner exclusively. And I argue that it's more mature of them to admit that, find someone who aligns with their viewpoints and rather than cheating on a faithful partner I say more power to them. At-least people will know people like that are with each other and not finding out about betrayal later on leading to hurt. IDEALLY, we'd all be monogamous but that isn't the world we live in, never has been.

Course now half of gaf now says i'm a degenerate lol

You da man.

Of course. This is off topic though, because the whole Hotwife thing happens with the husband's consent. Even so, you saying you "understand that instinct" to KILL involved parties because of this, is what I'm saying is fucked up. I hate the term "toxic masculinity" but if it ever were to be properly deployed, this would be appropriate. Your hurt in this imagined scenario will never justify violence and would only show a devastating weakness of character and maturity to even think along those lines.

I'm making a point about the concept. If there is a continuum of feelings you can have on this and way to the left is you high five and hug the guy that does your wife, and way on the right is you kill him, one of these things I understand even if I think it's wrong, the other is so alien to me that it's hard for me to believe it's a real thing even with plenty of assurance that it is.

I can understand why some couples would swap (most likely boredom, don't find each other that attractive etc so it's like controlled infidelity) but I don't get the one sided fetish.

I think one reason is because one person is too much for the other, so the lower libido one let's them do what they desire to do. They learn to enjoy watching their SO get pleased in their company, and receive love back for it. The other part of that is that sometimes people are just freaky as hell.

Mossybrew

Also, you couldn’t understand the instinct to kill someone when you catch them with your spouse?

No. Honestly this is the kind of over the top reaction you'd see in a movie or something, it doesn't feel real. Though obviously it has happened. I guess I lack a murderous instinct, I mean I can understand "fuck you I want you out of my life" and devastating feelings of betrayal, but that is so far away from wanting to kill someone.

Papa

Banned
No. Honestly this is the kind of over the top reaction you'd see in a movie or something, it doesn't feel real. Though obviously it has happened. I guess I lack a murderous instinct, I mean I can understand "fuck you I want you out of my life" and devastating feelings of betrayal, but that is so far away from wanting to kill someone.

I think you're the abnormal one here. It's a very human reaction to such an emotional betrayal. That's why crime of passion laws exist -- the law recognises the sensitivity of the situation. And you keep using the word murderous. It doesn't mean what you think it means. It is not synonymous with killing.

Mossybrew

Ok now you are focusing on the semantics. Forget I ever said murder. Just killing, whatever, you sound like a lawyer. And I don't mind being abnormal, normal sucks.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Ok now you are focusing on the semantics. Forget I ever said murder. Just killing, whatever. And I don't mind being abnormal, normal sucks.

Because the semantics are important here. You're showing that you don't even understand the difference and it's undermining your argument. You're inadvertently equating someone planning out, thinking through, and going ahead with murder with someone losing control in the moment of passion and betrayal. If you can't get the semantics of this right, you're in no position to be so critical of @Taxemption 's comments.

Mossybrew

Because the semantics are important here. You're showing that you don't even understand the difference and it's undermining your argument. You're inadvertently equating someone planning out, thinking through, and going ahead with murder with someone losing control in the moment of passion and betrayal. If you can't get the semantics of this right, you're in no position to be so critical of @Taxemption 's comments.

Jesus Christ dude, I understand the technical difference. Can I spell it out for you? I don't think an act of killing in this situation is remotely ok, regardless of it being "in the moment of passion" and sympathizing with that viewpoint is fucked. Can we get past this and just say we disagree.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

It's easy to tell who's never been married

Not even, that was an entirely reasonable response and has nothing to do with whether you were ever married. Getting married doesn't reset your moral compass so that KILLING becomes and understandable response to betrayal.

Papa

Banned
Jesus Christ dude, I understand the technical difference. Can I spell it out for you? I don't think an act of killing in this situation is remotely ok, regardless of it being "in the moment of passion" and sympathizing with that viewpoint is fucked. Can we get past this and just say we disagree.

No, because you’re completely ignoring the fact that crimes of passion have been recognised in Western justice systems for a very long time. If you want to be so dismissive of someone whose opinion aligns with the legal system, i.e. the norm, then you can’t be so clumsy with your terminology.

Mossybrew

No, because you’re completely ignoring the fact that crimes of passion have been recognised in Western justice systems for a very long time. If you want to be so dismissive of someone whose opinion aligns with the legal system, i.e. the norm, then you can’t be so clumsy with your terminology.

You are misunderstanding the very venue in which we are speaking. This is not a court of law, I have never referenced LEGAL arguments in anything I've said, and I can very well be as fucking dismissive as I please. YOU are the one hung up on legal terminology which NEVER factored into anything I was saying. Give it a rest, you're having an entirely different conversation. The western LEGAL system does not inform my MORAL opinions.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
You are misunderstanding the very venue in which we are speaking. This is not a court of law, I have never referenced LEGAL arguments in anything I've said, and I can very well be as fucking dismissive as I please. YOU are the one hung up on legal terminology which NEVER factored into anything I was saying. Give it a rest, you're having an entirely different conversation. The western LEGAL system does not inform my MORAL opinions.

No mate, the one who’s having a different conversation is you because T Taxexemption never mentioned murder at all.

Well with such a casual indifference to cheating, I can see why you’re no longer married.

No one would think twice about cheating on me honestly, but if they did I'd easily replace them if I chose to go that route. People are replaceable no matter what you have been through together.

Its the possessive stagnant people that you have to worry about. Is someone so possessive, is their ego so big that they'd entertain killing over cheating? They would call that pure love, but to me that's a character flaw. You don't own anyone.

This is why it's interesting to me, and I'm interested in hearing more about you and your feelings on it for that reason. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. The thing where someone high fives the guy that is having sex with their wife doesn't feel real to me. It seems like something that is purely fictional.

It's like, do people view their spouse the way they'd view a beer? "Oh wow, this is some good beer. Dude, you should have a drink, high five."

No one would think twice about cheating on me honestly, but if they did I'd easily replace them if I chose to go that route. People are replaceable no matter what you have been through together.

Its the possessive stagnant people that you have to worry about. Is someone so possessive, is their ego so big that they'd entertain killing over cheating? They would call that pure love, but to me that's a character flaw. You don't own anyone.

If a woman would cheat on you or doesn't feel that the relationship is exclusive that is something that should be communicated. If people are poly, I think that's weird. It's even weirder than outside of an agreement about a specified person, you'd bang random strangers. I still think it's wrong even if people agree, but if they have these conversations I can at least understand how these things happen, it's still bizarre to me that anyone would make these types of agreements. But none of that is even close to the idea that people would marry, and say vows that include "until death do us part" not communicate about it, and then cheat.

What's the point of dating or having partners if it's not exclusive? Why aren't we all just treating this like an economic transaction and whoever is less attractive pays for sex? Why is there dating at all? Why is anyone marrying if it's not exclusive?

Papa

Banned

I pity you

If a woman would cheat on you or doesn't feel that the relationship is exclusive that is something that should be communicated. If people are poly, I think that's weird. It's even weirder than outside of an agreement about a specified person, you'd bang random strangers. I still think it's wrong even if people agree, but if they have these conversations I can at least understand how these things happen, it's still bizarre to me that anyone would make these types of agreements. But none of that is even close to the idea that people would marry, and say vows that include "until death do us part" not communicate about it, and then cheat.

What's the point of dating or having partners if it's not exclusive? Why aren't we all just treating this like an economic transaction and whoever is less attractive pays for sex? Why is there dating at all? Why is anyone marrying if it's not exclusive?

I agree with you.

I'm not into poly so I don't understand it that well honestly. I can't get into the mindset, I've met and fucked poly people, and I just can't understand how the relationships grow and evolve over time. I can only put my attention and soul into one SO at a time, that's my requirement for me to love someone.

A Hotwife is a married woman who has the freedom in her marriage to pursue sexual relationships with men other than her husband. Her husband has full knowledge of her activities and consents to them.

If yes has it improved your sex life dramatically? How do you manage jealousy? And do you see other women as well with her consent?
So you want people to profess that they are cucks, basically?

Mistake

It’s a weird thing for sure. Personally I’ll give most things a shot once, and it could be exciting or spice things up, but on the other hand it might eat at you inside for awhile. I think it’s something that has to be carefully managed with complete honesty, both before and after. That way nothing gets ruined in the process. To each their own
Edit: I don’t think hotwife works as a term either. Generally it’s “open relationship” isn’t it?

Last edited:

sol_bad

No thank you, my wife and I are happy to stay with each other and each other only.
I can't even comprehend letting your wife sleeping with another man. And if I slept with another women she'd have my balls in a vice.
^_^

Breakage

“Hotwife” seems to be a book genre:
51tbPuwWGtL.jpg

Anderson and Serena have been keeping secrets from each other.
When it comes out after the company party that they both want to see Serena with her dominant, black boss, Anderson feels like a dream has come true.
As his fantasy of seeing his wife with other men turns into an addiction he starts to lose control of himself, and her.
They start to play a dangerous game. Will he be able to reclaim her as his wife?”

GeorgPrime

Banned
I would just throw her out if she would ever come up with something like this but my hot wife doesnt like it too.

The problem with stuff like this is.... it can happen all the time that she suddenly falls in love with the other guy and wants more from him and divorces you

Last edited:

stickkidsam

Does this imply that pretty smart and nice is actually crazy on the inside, like yandere or something?
Yandere is merely a type of crazy. She could simply be the kind of crazy that consistently gets to the top wall of shame on NeoGaf threads.

Top Bottom