• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT4| Love You $22 Billion

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Not going to lie, I'm finding it a bit hard to summon up much enthusiasm for the MCU going forward. I know they're entering a new phase, and they have to build back up to a fifth Avengers movie, and another over-arching storyline, but even so I'm finding the some of the choices they've made a bit lacklustre at the moment. I guess Spider-man and Thor will be good, but can't help thinking they need to start introducing the X-Men and Fantastic Four, given that they've lost at least three or four of the major Avengers characters.

ManaByte

Not going to lie, I'm finding it a bit hard to summon up much enthusiasm for the MCU going forward. I know they're entering a new phase, and they have to build back up to a fifth Avengers movie, and another over-arching storyline, but even so I'm finding the some of the choices they've made a bit lacklustre at the moment. I guess Spider-man and Thor will be good, but can't help thinking they need to start introducing the X-Men and Fantastic Four, given that they've lost at least three or four of the major Avengers characters.
The above video literally shows the Fantastic Four logo.

And Falcon and Winter Soldier went to Madripoor and even The Princess Bar.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Andrew Garfield is denying that he has a role in Spider-Man No Way Home.

Of course, no one believes him, but I appreciate the lengths they are going to try and keep it a mystery anyway. People paying less attention to the rumors may actually end up being surprised now.

Can you imagine though, if this movie didn't have Tobey and Andrew, after everyone got their hearts set on it? What an uphill battle that would be.

Kev Kev

Fucking hyped for phase 4! I loved that new trailer showing off what’s coming up over the next couple years.

I imagine people will begin shitting on marvel movies quite soon, complaining that they aren’t as good as the originals or whatever. Holding them up to impossibly high standards and watching them frame by frame, scouring for any reason to throw shade on them. All the while, the movies are actually great and people are just negative and cynical. Not that that isn’t already happening, it’ll just be worse now that it’s entering a new phase with lesser known characters.

but I don’t care because I’m stoked so fuck yooouuuuuu 🖕🖕🖕 lol

sol_bad

Hollywood is running out of ideas but they need to make those new X-Men and Fantastic Four movies.

And people wonder why Hollywood are afraid to make original ideas. This is the MCU, the biggest movie franchise on the planet and people shout to high heavens that they aren't interested in the new properties like Shang Chi and Eternals.

What hope and chance do completely original ideas have in this day and age?

Last edited:

brokenFUN

Hollywood is running out of ideas but they need to make those new X-Men and Fantastic Four movies.

And people wonder why Hollywood are afraid to make original ideas. This is the MCU, the biggest movie franchise on the planet and people shout to high heavens that they aren't interested in the new properties like Shang Chi and Eternals.

What hope and chance do completely original ideas have in this day and age?

Its all about remixing the original idea with a modern twist, break expectations but still get the fans that moment they want. Comics are infinite with remix culture they can do any timeline / variant things they want and give nods to the original end game epic. I could imagine Disney rebooting the Avengers and calling it the Ultimates and we start all over again but its more gritty.

sol_bad

Its all about remixing the original idea with a modern twist, break expectations but still get the fans that moment they want. Comics are infinite with remix culture they can do any timeline / variant things they want and give nods to the original end game epic. I could imagine Disney rebooting the Avengers and calling it the Ultimates and we start all over again but its more gritty.

I don't think there is any need to reboot anything yet though. Marvel have so many characters, teams, storylines and villains that they could continue for another 20 years before having to reboot anything. The Avengers will continue on, just with different characters, as they have in the comics. Marvel realistically only have a handful of A-tier heroes, that being Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and the X-Men, everyone else is B-tier or lower.
The MCU was built on B-tier characters and the backbone of the MCU will continue to be built on B-tier or lesser characters.

Why give us the same 6 Avengers when they can move on to new and different things? I think the theme of phase 4 is already interesting so far, and that theme is identity. WandaVision, FatW and Loki all deal with that theme and Black Widow looks to do the same. With the introduction of the TVA and Kang in Ant-Man, I'm sure Marvel Studios are building up to something even bigger than Endgame, I'm imagining a massive space scaled battle like Star Wars or even a multi-dimensional all out war. It's going to take another 10 years to build up to that though and we need some personal smaller scale films to introduce new heroes to the mix.

ManaByte

Phase 4 has been massively disappointing for me. The only one I've been enjoying is Loki.
1TEllFx.gif

ManaByte

The actor who plays Clown in Hawkeye has been hinting at something coming in November. That likely means that's when Hawkeye will debut.

Makes sense as the series takes place at the end of 2024 in the holidays (there were New Years 2025 signs in the windows when they were filming in NYC).

Director for Blade has been found. Bassam Tariq.

Blade is the one I'm looking forward to seeing the most in phase 4

sol_bad

Same. Of the confirmed properties, it feels like it has been moving more slowly to kick off into production than anything else in phase 4.

It's just further down the pipeline. Blade and FF will probably go into production at a similar time.

Doctor Strange 2 and Thor 4 are in post production.
Black Panther 2 and The Marvels are in pre-production and will be shooting next.
Followed by Ant-Man 3 and GotG3.
Then FF and Blade.

ManaByte

It's just further down the pipeline. Blade and FF will probably go into production at a similar time.

Doctor Strange 2 and Thor 4 are in post production.
Black Panther 2 and The Marvels are in pre-production and will be shooting next.
Followed by Ant-Man 3 and GotG3.
Then FF and Blade.

Both BP2 and Ant Man are filming already.

The Marvels has been filming effects stuff.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Just an observation / thought - I still can't believe Disney not only got Marvel for $4bn USD but also Lucas Films and Games for the same amount. Talk about the two entertainment deals of the century. I wonder just how much raw revenue and profit Marvel has netted Disney across movies, animation, merchandise, licensing, and themepark attraction.

sol_bad

Honestly, not really. On top of what's already mentioned, those names and characters are unknown too many people.

Unknown characters doesn't mean anything.
Ant-Man made over 500 million.
Doctor Strange made over 650 million.
Guardians made over 750 million.
Captain Marvel made over 1.1 billion.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Unknown characters doesn't mean anything.
Ant-Man made over 500 million.
Doctor Strange made over 650 million.
Guardians made over 750 million.
Captain Marvel made over 1.1 billion.
All of those movies were in the prime of the Avengers movies. That's over now.

Top Bottom