• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Like Spaghetti and hard boiled eggs?

I don't hate my family enough to serve them this.
a1JukXn.jpg
Not hard boiled, fried eggs. Then add seasoning and sauce at your taste.
You can also make fried spaghetti with an egg in the mix.

Another thing you could try is vinaigrette. It isn't exactly fast to make but it can last for quite a while, and serves as an excellent side dish that helps with vegetable intake.
All you you need to do is cut up Onions, bell peppers and tomatoes in a small sizes and mix everything together with vinegar(can be lemon juice instead) and olive oil. You can add some herbs, black pepper, even sugar or honey (i find it particularly good with this) at your taste.

usuario-2024-5f468ad19819b4d23234d47ee1f92b75.jpg

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Brick oven or regular?
Traditional oven but it goes up to 500 Fahrenheit so I can still get a nice crust.

I make my own as well. Sometimes I make the dough too. I'm buying store bought dough tonight. Don't judge me.
The dough is what makes it so good when it's homemade. Just thinking about it now I wish I had made pizza instead of pork chops. Oh well. I'll do pizza tomorrow and ribs on Monday.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Traditional oven but it goes up to 500 Fahrenheit so I can still get a nice crust.

The dough is what makes it so good when it's homemade. Just thinking about it now I wish I had made pizza instead of pork chops. Oh well. I'll do pizza tomorrow and ribs on Monday.

Nice!......I can't make pizza dough for shit.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Nice!......I can't make pizza dough for shit.

Try this one out, it's worked well for me:

Ingredients​

• 3/4 cup warm water 170g (105°F to 115°F) (35 seconds in microwave)
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 2 cups (or more) all purpose flour 300g
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil

Directions​

• Pour 3/4 cup warm water into small bowl; stir in yeast. Let stand until yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes.
  • Brush large bowl lightly with olive oil.
  • Mix 2 cups flour, and salt in processor. Add yeast mixture and 3 tablespoons oil; process until dough forms a sticky ball.
  • Transfer to lightly floured surface. KNEAD dough until smooth, adding more flour by tablespoonfuls if dough is very sticky, about 1 minute.
  • Transfer to prepared bowl; turn dough in bowl to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
  • PUNCH down dough.
  • DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Roll out dough according to recipe instructions. (Start in center of dough, working outward toward edges but not rolling over them.)

Worth noting that the 'double in size' is what you want to look for, regardless of time passed. These cold months I let it rise for 2 hours.
You can roll it out to shape and store it in the fridge if needed. Sometimes I'll make it it in the morning and throw it in the fridge until later that day.

To make your own sauce, just use a can of crushed tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Add in whatever herbs you like (I do oregano, parsley, and bay leaves, typically). I cook for, stirring occasionally for like 1-2 hours. You'll get the hang of the consistency. Then I use an immersion blender (removing bay leaves prior) to make into a spreadable sauce. I like some chunks so I don't go too crazy on the blending.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Pop them out then let us enjoy those young, supple breasts.
You've distilled my business to the essence of its core. I shall pop a thousand supple hamster breasts in honor of your massive thumb.

given that a single hamster has 12 breasts per body, I will need to call 83 and one third hamsters which is about a quarter of my staff

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I said not to fucking judge.

Zfm2dz0.png

Dearest Dick,

The teriyaki stole the show, though notably, cooking the pork chops sous vide helped them stay juicy and moist and worthy of their own accolades. My wonderful wife made the rice, which turned out well. The teriyaki made for a good combination with her rice. Thee roasted broccoli was done to perfection as well. Overall, it was quite a nice balanced meal. Not necessarily my best, but certainly worthy of celebration.

Enclosed you will find documented evidence of the meal. I did not bother to take a picture afterward, as there was nothing left to see.
kEk9pzH.png

Yours truly,

M. Voyage, Gold™ Member

Dear Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage

I love a pen pal. That looks delicious. However, the pork chops would look more appetizing if you let them brown a little more. No one ever turns down a nice golden crust. My door is always open if you would like to improve.

Forever your pal, Tricky Dicky.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Dear Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage

I love a pen pal. That looks delicious. However, the pork chops would look more appetizing if you let them brown a little more. No one ever turns down a nice golden crust. My door is always open if you would like to improve.

Forever your pal, Tricky Dicky.

Yeah, I ran out of time to get a good crust. I should have pre-seared prior to sous vide. A second sear gets a real nice crust. :)

I may take you up on the door offer. I tend to post early in the morning, so I may need to sneak in through your back door. Don't worry, I'll keep it quick, and quiet.

Yeah, I ran out of time to get a good crust. I should have pre-seared prior to sous vide. A second sear gets a real nice crust. :)

I may take you up on the door offer. I tend to post early in the morning, so I may need to sneak in through your back door. Don't worry, I'll keep it quick, and quiet.

You can go one on one with the great one anytime of the day.

Mista

Banned
I need a good wifi signal extender or whatever they're called. The modem is in my room but the wifi in my living room is kinda weak

Any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom