• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBooper

Yo anyone got a problem with Stanley Kubrick has got a problem with me.
Strong Guy Muscles GIF by 60 Second Docs
Even Eyes Wide Shut?

Star-Lord

I've been taught to be polite to foreigners. However, you've managed to have the first objectively wrong opinion in the history of mankind:

What’s so entertaining about watching people panic splashing for nearly three hours?

——-
1fa0226f-836e-4c33-a97jkz.jpeg

46399c61-0870-4a7e-abf5kvw.png

327c020e-358d-4421-8m3jk6.jpeg

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.” - Gandalf (Star Trek: The Phantom Menace)

Thaedolus

Gold Member
What’s so entertaining about watching people panic splashing for nearly three hours?

——-

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.” - Gandalf (Star Trek: The Phantom Menace)
Are you...using a signature now, or trying to send a message?

Anyway, there's a skinny dipper in the beginning, a crazy old navy guy telling war stories (based on a true story), Roy Scheider before he went to Jupiter with the Russians, Mr. Holland's Opus, a shark exploded. If none of that appeals to you please stay on your side of the Atlantic.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Are you...using a signature now, or trying to send a message?

I was dared to use a 00s forum signature.

I happily/stupid/regretfully accepted.

Anyway, there's a skinny dipper in the beginning, a crazy old navy guy telling war stories (based on a true story), Roy Scheider before he went to Jupiter with the Russians, Mr. Holland's Opus, a shark exploded. If none of that appeals to you please stay on your side of the Atlantic.

The shark exploding was probably the only redeemable thing about the entire film. It’s one of Spielberg’s worst, and I don’t understand the love for all of his films. Don’t get me wrong, Jurassic Park was brilliant, but even that series went downhill after Lost World. James Cameron, however, hasn’t produced a single bad film.

——-

Last edited:

T8SC

Gold Member
Signatures? Yes! Finally.

Intel Pentium II 333 With MMX
Crucial 64Mb PC100
3Dfx Voodoo 3 2000 AGP
Seagate Barracuda 4Gb 5400rpm EIDE
Creative SoundBlaster Live!
LiteOn 52x8x4 CD-RW
LiteOn 4x DVD-ROM
Conexant 56k V.90.
Iiyama 17" 1600x1200 Monitor

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I was dared to use a 00s forum signature.

I happily/stupid/regretfully accepted.

The shark exploding was probably the only redeemable thing about the entire film. It’s one of Spielberg’s worst, and I don’t understand the love for all of his films. Don’t get me wrong, Jurassic Park was brilliant, but even that series went downhill after Lost World. James Cameron, however, hasn’t produced a single bad film.

——-

Missed that blue Pocahontas movie?

Peggies

Gold Member

——-

You're talking about mine and Ice Cube's favourite movie, so please just shut up.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Missed it? It’s one of his best, damn you!

——-

Well ain’t you just a geographical oddity, objectively false opinions everywhere!

Star-Lord

Well ain’t you just a geographical oddity, objectively false opinions everywhere!
Simple, raw, vulnerable, exposed. I’ve been called many things, Thaedolus, but let me add one more. Geographical oddity. I know, you thought I was going to say gay.

——-

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Simple, raw, vulnerable, exposed. I’ve been called many things, Thaedolus, but let me add one more. Geographical oddity. I know, you thought I was going to say gay.

——-

I was quoting one of the greatest scenes of all time:

I hope you’re well friend, I don’t judge someone by their terrible taste in movies or food or whatever. Maybe that signature, tho

T8SC

Gold Member

——-

Rumour has it, you're not gay.

Star-Lord

I hope you’re well friend, I don’t judge someone by their terrible taste in movies or food or whatever. Maybe that signature, tho

I was quoting Pitch Perfect 2, my friend, so take all I say with a pinch of salt. I’m very well, anyway, thanks for asking. And I don’t blame you for judging me by signature. I’d do the same.

Rumour has it, you're not gay.

Well, technically, I’m not. But I’m banned from talking about the A-word. Shh.

——-

Tschumi

It’s like the good old days before GAF became Neo
but as far as i can tell nobody's put a gag signature up, it's all ever so serious lol this vexxes me

-----------------------------------------------------
"is naice" - Borat
"
restecp" - Ali G
"covfefe" - Charlie Chaplin's The Dictator

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
I'm half in the bag. What does everyone like to drink? I love me some vodka. Mixes with just about anything.
I used to drink vodka. Then whiskey. Then stopped drinking. Now I try to only drink light beer (Michelob ultra mostly).

Today I had 2 moscow mules and a guinness with my boss. Have not had anything to drink since then.

Last edited:

Tschumi

So shit, i was riding on my bike with my phone stuck to this top tier phone holder set-up the other day, quadlock and i accidentally go over this fucking rough stretch of bitumen and it gets shaken lose.. Falls onto the road and a corner gets shattered, damn lucky it didn't bounce under a car..

I ask them to pay for a replacement screen and send them gopro videos of the rough surface.. i attach my phone case and try to get it to fall off but without my phone's added weight it doesn't budge... I'm riding my bike over murderously bumpy roads repeatedly trying to shake this thing loose so eventually i say "that's enough" and send them my footage of this stretch of bitumenmageddon before i ruin my bike as well as my phone...

...they basically say since my videos don't show the bumps actually causing my phone to dislodge they don't believe me, because mountain bike mounts apparently work fine...

So basically I'm out the cost of a Google pixel 4a 5g screen replacement+labour (few hundred bucks here) because their lock failed and they're saying "sorry bro we're happy to send you a replacement mount and a case designed specifically for your phone"...

I've asked them to reconsider.

Like a pigskin in the balls

1uj3xck885n31.gif

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom