• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Star-Lord

Died in a good way? I would love to be WFH 100% when I'm not traveling for work. They want me back in office though.
Normally, I’d be more than happy to accept a WFH position. During the lockdown, we were working 50/50 between home and office, and it was the perfect balance. But this position would be working from home for five days, with only one day in the office. And given my current situation, spending time at ‘home’ is not something I want to do.

Last edited:
I just finished watching Dawn of the Dead and now I just want to play Dead Rising.

He's covered wars you know.

a1a1f06f43481ee0fa1774ac79d3517c9a5beabb.gifv

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
How’s everyone this evening?
Did my workout. Made the Mrs avocado &bacon toast, made myself some fancy ramen, and baked a cake. Just took the pork shoulder out of the water bath (24-hour soup vide 🤤) and I’ll finish that for tacos later tonight.

I’ll probably put some extra miles on the treadmill since I slacked off yesterday, listening to vinyl & playing games.

Star-Lord

Did my workout. Made the Mrs avocado &bacon toast, made myself some fancy ramen, and baked a cake. Just took the pork shoulder out of the water bath (24-hour soup vide) and I’ll finish that for tacos later tonight.

I’ll probably put some extra miles on the treadmill since I slacked off yesterday, listening to vinyl & playing games.
Man, tacos sound good right about now. My day sounds lazy compared to yours. I did my 15K steps this morning, did a light jog around the park, met up with a mate for some lunch, headed back to my room, and continued searching for my new home. I’m just about to hit the shower, then I’ll watch an episode or two of The Office US before bed.

Tschumi

Vent:

My girl, she's Japanese, she works in an industry that isn't exactly known for the ridiculous hours of most Japanese firms, but it's a 2 person office and her colleague, her superior in gender if not qualification, has a few screws loose. This is her first full on role in her industry (same industry as mine if anyone knows it) and she was hired on the understanding that most of the tasks she would be asked to do would be her first time, and she would need assistance...

He has sent her massive text messages about how hopeless she is at her job, he says she needs to pay him if she wants him to train her, he says she shouldn't apply for overtime because her work isn't worth pay, he makes her redo very complex tasks until they're perfect, though his corrections are themselves substandard and idiosyncratic. She has a hard-to-obtain license in her profession, he hasn't got shit and keeps failing his licence exam. In fact their current project is in her name, so she can't quit until it is completed.

She's spoken to her boss, it's been made clear that this guy is considered mentally unstable and the company is behind my girl. She's said she's quitting and they've said "ok we understand", they're asking her to work in the other, larger branch 2 days a week (preferable even though it's an hour away each way) until she goes...

.. But not until this project is finished, and even then i worry she won't have the nerve, it's hard for women in Japan to display strength in office environments, but I'm Australian and I'm fucking raging out...

... The kicker is I'm only in town at the moment for a few days, she's working late on my last night because this fucktard is browbeating and bullying her.

I just want to go and give him a verbal beatdown he richly deserves, say i feel sorry for his wife and child, say he's a puny man, ask if he's embarassed to know that i read all his long, stupid messages, but i can't speak enough fucking Japanese to achieve the desired effect, and there's a taboo in Japan about spouses being involved with the other spouse's office life. I dunno because they all have secret thoughts about scoring/being side chicks or whatever.

So I'll stay up to welcome her home and try to think of a way to change this crap situation. But really unless she finds the opportunity and rage to really scream at this guy and walk out it won't change, she doesn't guard her free time/unpaid time anywhere near as much as westerners do. Oh my poor, talented, intelligent, determined, beautiful girl.

Fuck a duck! Fuck it all. Fuuuck.

/vent

nush

Vent:

My girl, she's Japanese, she works in an industry that isn't exactly known for the ridiculous hours of most Japanese firms, but it's a 2 person office and her colleague, her superior in gender if not qualification, has a few screws loose. This is her first full on role in her industry (same industry as mine if anyone knows it) and she was hired on the understanding that most of the tasks she would be asked to do would be her first time, and she would need assistance...

He has sent her massive text messages about how hopeless she is at her job, he says she needs to pay him if she wants him to train her, he says she shouldn't apply for overtime because her work isn't worth pay, he makes her redo very complex tasks until they're perfect, though his corrections are themselves substandard and idiosyncratic. She has a hard-to-obtain license in her profession, he hasn't got shit and keeps failing his licence exam. In fact their current project is in her name, so she can't quit until it is completed.

She's spoken to her boss, it's been made clear that this guy is considered mentally unstable and the company is behind my girl. She's said she's quitting and they've said "ok we understand", they're asking her to work in the other, larger branch 2 days a week (preferable even though it's an hour away each way) until she goes...

.. But not until this project is finished, and even then i worry she won't have the nerve, it's hard for women in Japan to display strength in office environments, but I'm Australian and I'm fucking raging out...

... The kicker is I'm only in town at the moment for a few days, she's working late on my last night because this fucktard is browbeating and bullying her.

I just want to go and give him a verbal beatdown he richly deserves, say i feel sorry for his wife and child, say he's a puny man, ask if he's embarassed to know that i read all his long, stupid messages, but i can't speak enough fucking Japanese to achieve the desired effect, and there's a taboo in Japan about spouses being involved with the other spouse's office life. I dunno because they all have secret thoughts about scoring/being side chicks or whatever.

So I'll stay up to welcome her home and try to think of a way to change this crap situation. But really unless she finds the opportunity and rage to really scream at this guy and walk out it won't change, she doesn't guard her free time/unpaid time anywhere near as much as westerners do. Oh my poor, talented, intelligent, determined, beautiful girl.

Fuck a duck! Fuck it all. Fuuuck.

/vent

You know what to do,

CheeryTalkativeIchneumonfly-max-1mb.gif

Tschumi

I ain't gonna lie lol her office is in the middle of the cbd but not too far from a street that bears all the hallmarks of yakuza corruption lol i might go see if i can get a "friend" to tell this guy to get his kicks bullying someone else

Star-Lord

i didnt see it till way late, but it lives up to the hype. maybe not quite the masterpiece some people say it is, but its a really good film none-the-less. you gotta see it
If it pops up on Netflix or Prime Video, I’ll give it a whirl. I’m not sure I’d want to spend money, however little it be, if I’m not guaranteed to like it. That said, I did enjoy The Godfather, so…

Top Bottom