• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Had an MRI earlier today and I’ve gotten like a dozen of them before so they’re not new to me, but for some reason this one felt super fucking loud. The tech put earplugs in my ears, but they felt a little loose in my ears. Then they put these dinky headphones on my ears they had trouble getting on. The noise legit hurt my ears, once it was over I removed the plugs and was like wait a second I guess I didn’t get the second one out because I can’t hear anything out of this ear. But I did take it out. Couldn’t hear a damn thing.

It seemed to have come back about 50% since, but it’s still way askew. This shit better not be permanent, no idea wtf happened.
There's no way it's permanent. It happens. Should be better by tomorrow.

Tschumi

No, took them out once the MRI complete and the machine was off.
My theory might be that you've perforated an ear drum, perhaps high air pressure differential across the drum made it extra sensitive to the noise

Perforations heal quickly

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Two days ago an old memory floated up in my head about this movie I saw once on TV with my youngest brother called Moon Zero Two. All we can remember about it is that it had an animated cartoon intro a banging title theme song Moooon zer-oooh twooo and that we liked it. Neither of us remembered anything else about the actual movie except that is was something about space. Nobody else has talked about this movie, nobody else we know has seen this movie in decades.

Yesterday, this full movie popped up in my Youtube recommendations list, out of nowhere I never googled it. The damn Youtube recommendation algorithm is in my head!
Something similar (but not) happened fairly recently. I got thinking about an old 00s movie called XChange. I saw it way back in 2002 on BBC, and hadn’t seen it since. Then I was flicking through Sky, and there it was. Trippy. And the movie didn’t hold up.

lqTCAoy.jpg

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Back in office today. I don’t think I’m going to make it to the end of the month.

I’m going to type up a letter of resignation and sit on it for the week. I’m meant to be in Chicago next week and I can’t think of anything else I’d prefer to do less.

Burnout is real.
It's that bad? You don't plan to line something else up first?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It's that bad? You don't plan to line something else up first?
I’ve got recruiters trying to poach me. I’m fairly confident I could have something lined up within a month or two. I’ve also got close ties to a small business where I could pick up work to get by. Also helps that we’ve got ~5 months expenses available if shit hit the fan.

I’m planning to wait probably more than a week as my annual review is on the 19th. I’m being told I’m in for another good raise (last year was 10%). I’m just tired of the culture here and especially at this office. It’s insane because I’m poised to have a very bright career but the company just sucks the life out of me.

Thaedolus

I’ve got recruiters trying to poach me. I’m fairly confident I could have something lined up within a month or two. I’ve also got close ties to a small business where I could pick up work to get by. Also helps that we’ve got ~5 months expenses available if shit hit the fan.

I’m planning to wait probably more than a week as my annual review is on the 19th. I’m being told I’m in for another good raise (last year was 10%). I’m just tired of the culture here and especially at this office. It’s insane because I’m poised to have a very bright career but the company just sucks the life out of me.
It’s a job seeker’s market, for now. Not a bad time to look

Peggies

Gold Member
Breastfeeding a baby at the start is not as easy as you believe it to be. Stick with it ask the midwife for advice and don’t get an emotional complex about it.
So it seems. I thought it'll be easy cheesy but it's not. Well, as long as he won't be traumatized by nipples being shuffed into his mouth I'll keep on trying.

Soodanim

Getting on very good actually, thank you! As long as I don't have to stand or sit up, I feel great and my baby boy is such a nice little guy.

He barely cries unless I annoy him with my nasty breasts that is and He makes cute noises like the Predator. Adorable little fella. Yes, he's my first.
I don’t know about you, but whenever I meet a newborn of friends/family I always wonder what their voice will sound like when they get older. I don’t have any of my own, but going off the bond I have with my nephew just as an uncle it must be amazing to be a mother. Even if he does hate your breasts.

Top Bottom