• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star-Lord

All excellent choices. I'm an MGS2 guy but still also consider MGS3 a 10/10. Will never forget playing it on release day.
MGS2 was an amazing game, but MGS3 was on another level. The fact that your radar was very limited at all times made for some very tense moments, and the injury/recovery system added a sense of realism and responsibility. And, of course, the Cobra Unit were batshit crazy. That sniper duel with The End still remains one of the best boss battles ever in videogame history.

Peggies

Gold Member
No Tekken Tag?

Is it womans day? I never heard about that growing up, seems mostly eastern. (Corrected from western).

Asked my ex what she's getting me for Valentines day. She honestly said "a rope and a knife". I think she still loves me.
"Womans day?" What kind of shit is that?

GIF by NETFLIX

No, I was talking about the band "Travis". When I was a young girly girl I was really into them but I'm quite embarrassed about it.

Also: "eastern"? Excuse me?!

Ionian

Fighting games suck

Nah they're great fun. When it gets into just ultimate combos though it does suck. Will agree with that.

Get finished on a Zangief or Yoshimitsu combo.

It takes skill but once it starts you know the game is over. Speaking as someone that didn't play after 4.

Ionian

"Womans day?" What kind of shit is that?

GIF by NETFLIX

No, I was talking about the band "Travis". When I was a young girly girl I was really into them but I'm quite embarrassed about it.

Also: "eastern"? Excuse me?!

Ah jaysus you'd be the last person to insult.

Travis was continually played when I worked in a wine shop. Next album was decent and the ones after nobody cared and were dropped from the label. I love their first album.

I realized saying Western was wrong and your home place was Eastern. Hence the correction.

A dumb choice maybe but an honest one.

Fun fact, they played 'Wonderwall' backwards on purpose, it's in the lyrics.

Star-Lord

Fighting games suck
Most do, but I’ve played a couple I enjoyed. Rival Schools on PSOne stands out as one of the best. Bizarrely, X-Men: Next Dimension on Gamecube is another. It wasn’t the best critically, but I had some good times with friends playing it.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
MGS2 and 3 are about equals in my book until Subsistence came out with the new camera controls…then MGS3 ascended beyond SSJ3 Blue Mystique infinity Spiritual KaioKen Blacked.com

Peggies

Gold Member
Ah jaysus you'd be the last person to insult.

Travis was continually played when I worked in a wine shop. Next album was decent and the ones after nobody cared and were dropped from the label. I love their first album.

I realized saying Western was wrong and your home place was Eastern. Hence the correction.

A dumb choice maybe but an honest one.

Fun fact, they played 'Wonderwall' backwards on purpose, it's in the lyrics.
I loved their version of Britney's "Baby one more time"! And their scottish accents.

season 7 flirty GIF

Working in a wine shop must be nice!

Last edited:

Ionian

I loved their version of Britney's "Baby one more time"! And their scottish accents.

season 7 flirty GIF

Working in a wine shop must bei nice!they

Trust me, it wasn't. Oh well. I did the back-breaking work despite it being normal for the drop offs of containers of a massive amount of deliveries. Shop doesn't exist anymore.

They couldn't believe some skinny Celt unloaded a truck quicker than they could. Tough work.

I have a cert in wine tasting, that is honestly a thing and was needed. I wish I was joking. Swish the wine, smell it and taste. That's all there is to it.

Pompous crap.

Peggies

Gold Member
Trust me, it wasn't. Oh well. I did the back-breaking work despite it being normal for the drop offs of containers of a massive amount of deliveries. Shop doesn't exist anymore.

They couldn't believe some skinny Celt unloaded a truck quicker than they could. Tough work.

I have a cert in wine tasting, that is honestly a thing and was needed. I wish I was joking. Swish the wine, smell it and taste. That's all there is to it.

Pompous crap.
A wine-tasting-certified Irishman. How about that? I imagine it like this
wine GIF

nush

Gold Member

Actually they recognize Ladies day in China as an event. Mostly because they are the ones that have been busiest during Chinese New year. I was working for this one company in China and they gave all the women in the company a half day off. I went to the CEO and complained that is was bitterly sexist discrimination that I wasn't also allowed the afternoon off. So I also took the afternoon off anyway, took the girlfriend out clothes shopping, had sex, didn't get fired. Winner.

Peggies

Gold Member
Actually they recognize Ladies day in China as an event. Mostly because they are the ones that have been busiest during Chinese New year. I was working for this one company in China and they gave all the women in the company a half day off. I went to the CEO and complained that is was bitterly sexist discrimination that I wasn't also allowed the afternoon off. So I also took the afternoon off anyway, took the girlfriend out clothes shopping, had sex, didn't get fired. Winner.
Congrats!

I still find it stupid to celebrate such a thing as being a woman or a man. It's not some great accomplishment.

Tschumi

My internet in the new place won't be ready until the 23rd, so i can't fucking DL horizon or elden ring.. i tried to use my mobile as a hotspot but the fucker kept freezing.. can i make it work? Maybe if i cap my download speed in ps5 settings?
(Google pixel 4a 5g)

nush

Gold Member
My internet in the new place won't be ready until the 23rd, so i can't fucking DL horizon or elden ring.. i tried to use my mobile as a hotspot but the fucker kept freezing.. can i make it work? Maybe if i cap my download speed in ps5 settings?
(Google pixel 4a 5g)
Ask your neighbor to borrow the wifi password for a couple of weeks. Bring fruit and candy gifts first before you ask.

Ionian

A wine-tasting-certified Irishman. How about that? I imagine it like this
wine GIF

Oh it was that and much more. After "Wine-tasting" days I took all the leftover bottles and had a party at my place. Friends would come from far and wide to taste my bounty.

Plus drugs. Those were the days. Do neither anymore. It's a young mans game but was fun at the time. I wrote a massive amount of music thanks to it.

Tschumi

I'm a burrito man myself: greater girth, more meat, and it has a more satisfying shape. What?

Animated GIF

Seriously though i can't stand how tacos shatter

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
(Google pixel 4a 5g)
Treat you and your wife to a lovely stay at a local hotel and use their wifi.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Remember elementary school (or whatever they call it in Europe Land) where everyone would just be chillin listening to the teacher, then suddenly someone would throw up three bucket's worth of puke out of nowhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom