• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaedolus

Day 3 of sick kid. Not Covid, strep or the flu. Doc says just keep giving meds until the fever subsides on its own, my wife stayed home yesterday but is already low on PTO and I can “work” from home, so it’s me again today. Trying to rearrange multiple meetings with multiple people whose calendars we can’t see is sure fun.

Also giving medicine is like an epic 30 minute argument full of crying and frustration every time. Fun shit.

Zeroing

Banned
Day 3 of sick kid. Not Covid, strep or the flu. Doc says just keep giving meds until the fever subsides on its own, my wife stayed home yesterday but is already low on PTO and I can “work” from home, so it’s me again today. Trying to rearrange multiple meetings with multiple people whose calendars we can’t see is sure fun.

Also giving medicine is like an epic 30 minute argument full of crying and frustration every time. Fun shit.
That sounds like a lot of stress. I hope you can manage it.

Thaedolus

That sounds like a lot of stress. I hope you can manage it.
It’s all good, I got everything moved around and now we’re just gonna play “Lincoln’s Awakening because it’s a pretty island and you play really good.”

…I never actually got very far in this game so we’re playing the Switch version, just made it to the third dungeon

My GAF account turns 18 today, when do I get access to the NSFW forum?

*Receives a flood of dick pic PMs.

I too can firmly be marked down for a hellish 6-8 weeks straight. We had Covid, left a weekend away for daughter's soccer tournament, moved my son's school, dog had surgery for $1,000s, wife has been sick for nearly a fortnight with the flu (I've been handling all the kids stuff morning and after school activities as well as dinners, cleaning etc), bunch of renovation bills and trades being organised (boundary fence replacements before pool works can start and neighbours to pay their halves), grandmother's funeral arrangements with interstate burial that was mega-delayed, prepping for my company tax end of financial year end of this month and my sister went to hospital for a couple of days to boot.

Crazy how it just crashes in waves like it does. Looking forward to spring/summer and just getting out in the sun and enjoying the outdoors with friends and families.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
EviLore EviLore Mod of War Mod of War

Wasn't sure how or where to do this without people wondering what was going on or making jokes. I would like to be banned until at least Monday if possible. I have had a very close death in the family and I will be traveling for the funeral and probably not in the best of mindsets or moods for the duration. I don't want to possibly snap at someone or be shitty just because I am having a bad week and get myself a proper ban. Thank you in advance. Everyone who reads this call your grandparents and tell them that you love them.

They won't be there forever and I am sure they would be happy to hear from you.

nush

Wasn't sure how or where to do this without people wondering what was going on or making jokes. I would like to be banned until at least Monday if possible. I have had a very close death in the family and I will be traveling for the funeral and probably not in the best of mindsets or moods for the duration. I don't want to possibly snap at someone or be shitty just because I am having a bad week and get myself a proper ban. Thank you in advance. Everyone who reads this call your grandparents and tell them that you love them.

Sorry for your loss, hope the next few days are not too difficult for you.

FunkMiller

Oh, my dude. So sorry for you. Take care of yourself, and hope you’re back soon.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Welp the child still has a fever this morning, I guess we’ll see if I can finish Zelda today. I’ve just resigned myself to the fact next week’s gonna be a shit show trying to get caught up at work again.

On the plus side, everything’s looking good for my giant multi-year project going forward and at least the kiddo isn’t balking at taking medicine anymore, so no more 30 minute negotiating sessions.

haxan7

Banned

Sorry for your loss.

Thaedolus

Well we got through level 6 (I think? Face Shrine) before nap time. Got my work done during the nap to send an amendment off to FDA just before the matted haired child came into the office asking for mommy. I said we “get to” go to the post office (yes you have to mail a physical medium to FDA still) and thoughts of mommy disappeared.

Now we’re back to Mickey Mouse Funhouse. Oh boy.

I have to replay Link’s Awakening DX on the game boy color I found in the basement. It still works!

This is also a reminder that things are happening IRL and we can’t talk about them because, quite frankly, we’re not mature enough to discuss.

Last edited:

Peggies

Gold Member
Me after a day gaffing about Islam, boobs and Jordan Peele:

off work shift over GIF

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Hopefully you're not in trouble for wasting their time. They don't look too kindly of people taking more time than planned at my office.
No, he specifically said to take as much time as needed. The entire dept is presenting their portfolios over the entire day. Mine will probably be the quickest for him.

I spent most of the time on my normal workload and ended on the big project I am working on. Both are relevant but the latter is the critical one for the next 3 years and will represent massive investment, though the exact scope won't be defined until late summer/early fall. It's the #1 topic within the company right now I am told. I don't have visibility to what other secret topics are being explored right now so my view is definitely skewed.

Thaedolus

Speaking of wiener, I got out of the shower this morning and the three year old walked in.

Says; “I can see your” *points to crotch*

“My wiener?”

“Yeah!”

“Ok go out please.”

“It’s really big daddy!”

“OUT!!”

Jesus Christ it’s time to start locking the door

haxan7

Banned
Speaking of wiener, I got out of the shower this morning and the three year old walked in.

“My wiener?”

“Yeah!”

“Ok go out please.”

“It’s really big daddy!”

“OUT!!”

I remember catching a peak at my dad's too when I was little and thinking he had a massive dong. I'm still not sure if he actually did or if mine was just really tiny in comparison.

Zeroing

Banned

“My wiener?”

“Yeah!”

“Ok go out please.”

“It’s really big daddy!”

“OUT!!”

My niece almost caught me. Maybe because she was a girl but she was more interested in how it looked like.

Kids are scary!!!

Zeroing

Banned
Really not comfortable with the last posts. Sounds pedo.
talking about myself! I felt really uncomfortable, kids are in their curiosity phase.

Anyway when I was really young I remember playing with my foreskin and later listing to my mom talking about it to her friend and she saying it was normal and it was good, that the doctor she went with her son adviced the same thing, so that the foreskin doesn’t get tight in puberty!

Ahahah just trying to trigger you because I like you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom