• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Dread Leaks Thread

Robb

Gold Member
I can only speak for myself, but I’d definitely say the Metroid games have a story.

Not to mention this is the first chronological game (i.e. the fist game in a long time that may actually progress the story) we’ve gotten in the franchise in like 15 years.

Shouldn’t be all that surprising that people may not want to ruin the story after that wait.

Bodomism

Banned
Damn, the cutscenes in the boss battle is really well done with smooth transition to gameplay.

Graphically it looks like AAA budget Nintendo game.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
The movement speed in Dread looks great. Screen transitions still look terrible. Also not digging the fact there’s no item pick up tune.

Buggy Loop

Oh my, that traversal speed seems so good.

Animation is on point

TestyRecklessIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif

jigglet

Banned
All I need to know are does it feature unskipable cut scenes? That's the only thing that would prevent me from buying this. I don't enjoy being forced to watch any video game story.

One thing I've been so scared about for this, and maybe y'all can convince me to forget about it:

One thing I absolutely CANNOT STAND are the forced platforming "run away from the unkillable giant monster" which is just completely trial and error learning the right jumps to make at the right time, etc... I almost quit playing (I think axiom verge 1, or maybe messenger) because of this exact thing. It's forced on you, there's zero skill involved, and it's split second timing. RAGEHATE. Is this Dread monster in this game like this?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I shall not!!! Requiring split second timing by redoing the same thing 73 times in a row due to trial and error I do not consider "skill" that's just punishing memorization of a lazy developer's idea of "let's make it hard"
Disagree. You'll acquire abilities over the game that will make the EMMI's less of a threat.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
One thing I've been so scared about for this, and maybe y'all can convince me to forget about it:

One thing I absolutely CANNOT STAND are the forced platforming "run away from the unkillable giant monster" which is just completely trial and error learning the right jumps to make at the right time, etc... I almost quit playing (I think axiom verge 1, or maybe messenger) because of this exact thing. It's forced on you, there's zero skill involved, and it's split second timing. RAGEHATE. Is this Dread monster in this game like this?
you played Fusion, don't you? (Or the end of Zero Mission, although it was definitely better in Fusion)

Last edited by a moderator:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If you don't want to spoiled don't watch this.

Damn Chozodorf is pretty hype.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

Sharing it once is fine. But if you do not like/care about said game it is more productive to ignore the topic and move on to something you do care about.

Now if the game was shit and complete kusoge material I think everyone would be on the hate train. Not the case here.
Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Serouj2000

Metroid 4 is rolling in its 16-bit (it was on GBA) grave reading this comment

MiguelItUp

I keep forgetting this is coming out so soon. At first I was on the maybe train, but now I think I'm on the buy train for sure. I miss Metroid dearly, and it'd be awesome to play a new one. Here's to hoping it delivers!

Top Bottom