• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Dread Leaks Thread

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Looks like they got the leaker or at the very least took down the links.

Edit: Super spoilers ahead.

CWYgz2i.png

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
wow it looks pretty 1440p @144hz ?? the f nintendo where is that damn switch pro idiots

Last edited:

Wvrs

Awesome stuff

I'm expecting strong, strong reviews and another Switch hit.

Last edited:

Spukc

I don’t know what the fuck happened to this game.. but this has nothing to do with samus returns..

This game is an absolute beast.
Bossfights map design encounters…

they had new staff or talent.. this is seriously a good metroid game

Marty-McFly

Banned
I don’t know what the fuck happened to this game.. but this has nothing to do with samus returns..

Nintendo EPD did more of the heavy lifting

jaysius

Banned

So you're currently playing the game?

Spukc

Dread being good doesn't change how shitty Samus Returns was and how MS completely misunderstood what they were remaking.
Yup shitty game is still shitty. But this is one hell of a comeback. I actually care about this dev now

Last edited:

Spukc

This is the most badass photo I’ve seen in the forum lately. Congrats, man. What’s your favourite prime game by the way? Just curious to know what a man of your culture thinks.
top 3 2D is super ,zero and fusion

Fave 3D probably first prime.

Whats that DS title on the top next to Hunters?
Am2r ;) aka the true remaster

Last edited:

kunonabi

Yup shitty game is still shitty. But this is one hell of a comeback. I actually care about this dev now
They have a real talent for visuals so I'd be happy to see them actually nail gameplay too. Samus Returns did show a lot of improvement despite its issues so Dread being their big breakthrough wouldn't surprise me.

Spukc

They have a real talent for visuals so I'd be happy to see them actually nail gameplay too. Samus Returns did show a lot of improvement despite its issues so Dread being their big breakthrough wouldn't surprise me.
Samus returns always felt like a b tier effort imo..

There is nothing of that game to be found in dread.. i guess the dodge stuff if you want to be super picky.. but if you told me that the same team made it i would have never believed you.

Hawt

Well then I’m glad to hear positive feedback from such a huge fan. You seemed down on the game (for mercurysteam iirc?) in the past few days, so the 180 degree turn is interesting to witness.

Their trackrecord was ass imo..
so i don’t really think my reaction was that weird. Now this game yeah this studio is on my radar from now on.. i hope they make another 2D metroid

Last edited:

OsirisBlack

Banned
Samus returns always felt like a b tier effort imo..

There is nothing of that game to be found in dread.. i guess the dodge stuff if you want to be super picky.. but if you told me that the same team made it i would have never believed you.

Their trackrecord was ass imo..
so i don’t really think my reaction was that weird. Now this game yeah this studio is on my radar from now on.. i hope they make another 2D metroid
Super is my favorite Metroid as well now I have faith in this game

OsirisBlack

Banned
Didn’t look at any spoilers or videos super tempted but I’m holding out just cannot wait for this game to come out

Spukc

I finished it in 8 hours ish item completion at 42% ..

If i take off my nostalgia glasses and look at map design exploring size and bossfights.

This is the best 2D metroid.

However.. for me it will sit behind super metroid.. at the second place followed by zero mission.

Can’t wait to do a 100% run when my switch oled arrives and metroid dread CE

Last edited:
Top Bottom