• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pasterpl

More people would believe you if you weren't harping on about how great the 12th installment of Flight Simulator, the 5th installment of that racing game, the infinite installment of that FPS or that hivebusters dlc of that 6th installment is. People can search your posts you know.

Damn, you seriously couldn’t pickup worst example - show me please any, any game that released sequel with so many improvements as did the latest flight sim vs previous release? It is to this day the only true next gen game released so far.

Forza horizon 5 - I might surprise you but I have probably played no more than 4h in total in it, it is fm4 on steroids with proper next gen graphics. I have spent more time with God of War on PS4 pro before I got bored. Horizon ZD on ps4 made me quit it after 4 hours as it was more of the same (for me it is the same Sony template with different story), same with ghost of Tsushima.

With halo - it’s fps, I love fps games, I play (almost) all of them, love most of these that I play…shame there isn’t any worthwhile exclusive fps series on playstation anymore. I even enjoyed killzone on my vita.

At least I can honestly say that I have played and own most of the consoles, tried most of the exclusives available on each platform. You know hands on experience vs watching videos on YouTube.

feynoob

Gold Member
Don't force yourself on games you don't like.

There is no template shit. These games are being made, because people spend money on them. It's not Sony fault, that people want to spend money on their games.
Same for MS games, COD games and Ubisoft games.

if you don't like the game, move on and play something. It's much better than way, than waste your time complaining it on forums. You could use that time looking for other good games.

Because on this forum everyone is that actual developer, everyone got law degree and worked decades in `m&A space. What also funny on this forum you can get away taking shit and spreading fud against ms but mention Sony, they poor output in terms of game type variations, their remakes, remasters, price hikes, Jim’s tantrums. You are getting warnings, bans, posts deleted.
Sad Samantha Bee GIF

Pelta88

When you take one step too far in the console war and left your rationality behind for a second.

He literally referenced Phil Spencer and Microsoft's own admissions.

Which makes my question this... Did he really leave his rationality behind momentarily, or is it that you just don't like the legal submissions Microsoft made to the regulators/publicly.

It's hard to point out, because it's basically every single word in your post.

But mainly the part where Microsoft will die and they will close game pass if they can't buy Activision.

I'll ignore the straw man argument of "Microsoft will die" because I get that you're emotional here.

But here are some facts you should be aware of

Three

Damn, you seriously couldn’t pickup worst example - show me please any, any game that released sequel with so many improvements as did the latest flight sim vs previous release? It is to this day the only true next gen game released so far.
So you've played games like SM2 to see improvements too? Interesting.

Forza horizon 5 - I might surprise you but I have probably played no more than 4h in total in it, it is fm4 on steroids with proper next gen graphics. I have spent more time with God of War on PS4 pro before I got bored. Horizon ZD on ps4 made me quit it after 4 hours as it was more of the same (for me it is the same Sony template with different story), same with ghost of Tsushima.
That would surprise me. You call 4hrs sticking with it and never ending? It was enough to have your pre-ordered elden ring sitting in its seal in August. Are you suggesting you're not even into Forza Horizon sequels now still playing it in August? I mean come on man people can see right through the nonsense:
Cannot wait for this. Looks amazing and it will probably play amazing like all previous forza horizon games.
bloodborne - bought it, never installed it
You can laugh, I have pre-ordered physical edition Elden Ring, and it is still sealed in the box, not sure when I will have time to play it (sort of sticking with forza horizon now, and that game never ends),
... Btw. My PS4 pro was by far my least used platform, and I used it only for Sony exclusives. It was a reason why it had to go.
PS. I have also got quite powerful gaming laptop bought this year, but I use it lots more that I was using my ps4
You can have opinions and preferences, but people aren't dumb and mods aren't stupid you know. You can't complain about sequels like Spiderman 2 being spiderman 2 and not being revolutionary while simultaneously showing that much interest in Forza Horizon 5. People can see right through it.

Thinking that MS needs Activision for gamepass success or else gamepass goes to shit.

Gamepass is successful on its own, despite not getting big hits from Xbox consistently.

Xbox isn't going to be impacted by this deal. If anything, this opens a new door for MS in other markets and strengthens their PC storefront.

What happens to CEOs after failed M&A? Do you know?

Define success. How much net income does it generate? Is it meeting Microsoft's expectations?

No one fails a 70 billion dollar M&A and isn't impacted by it.

That would surprise me. You call 4hrs sticking with it and never ending? It was enough to have your pre-ordered elden ring sitting in its seal in August. Are you suggesting you're not even into Forza Horizon sequels now still playing it in August? I mean come on man people can see right through the nonsense:

You can have opinions and preferences, but people aren't dumb and mods aren't stupid you know. You can't complain about sequels like Spiderman 2 being spiderman 2 and not being revolutionary while simultaneously showing that much interest in Forza Horizon 5. People can see right through it.
breaking news GIF by NowThis

feynoob

Gold Member
What happens to CEOs after failed M&A? Do you know?
Nothing, life goes on.
Phil earned his position by putting Xbox this far, and making MS invest on their business.
It's up to MS at this point.

Define success. How much net income does it generate? Is it meeting Microsoft's expectations?
25m without tons big 1st party is enough for you.

No one fails a 70 billion dollar M&A and isn't impacted by it.
They aren't losing the money. They still have that money in their bank, which they can use to invest on gamepass deals.

People need to stop with these dumb thinking.

Nothing, life goes on.
Phil earned his position by putting Xbox this far, and making MS invest on their business.

They aren't losing the money. They still have that money in their bank, which they can use to invest on gamepass deals.

Nothing happens to CEOs after failed M&A? LOL... okay buddy...

I asked, how much net profit does it make, not how many subscribers does it have. I asked whether it was meeting Microsoft's expectations.

Who said they were losing the money? Again, it seems like you guys just don't understand business. You can't tie up resources for that long and build your strategy over something for that long and have it fail and just keep going business as usual. Heads roll... look into it.

Even when M&A go through, if they aren't successful quickly, CEOs and other heads generally roll pretty quickly. It's a dicey business that usually doesn't work, especially at this scale.

feynoob

Gold Member
I asked, how much net profit does it make, not how many subscribers does it have. I asked whether it was meeting Microsoft's expectations.
Firstly, MS expectations was stupid, considering how barren is their first party is.
2nd, even with that state gamepass managed to hit 25m.
3rd, once their bought studios start pushing their games out, that 25m could become 40m.
Lastly, this is a long term project. Not an immediate success business. MS needs to build the foundation and contents which can generate those massive growths in the future.
It's stupid to expect them to make money right now, when Xbox has issues with their 1st party output.

Who said they were losing the money? Again, it seems like you guys just don't understand business. You can't tie up resources for that long and build your strategy over something for that long and have it fail and just keep going business as usual. Heads roll... look into it.
Man, what are you going on about?

Even when M&A go through, if they aren't successful quickly, CEOs and other heads generally roll pretty quickly. It's a dicey business that usually doesn't work, especially at this scale.
Nothing will happen. MS know this deal has a lot of risk. They took that risk. This isn't Phil's playground.
This is MS business now. Any blame would fall on them, as this deal goes beyond Xbox.

Fredrik

Wow, why can’t people be real? If you scrap the surface it’s just shills and fanboys everywhere on all sides. So tiresome. And most have all consoles anyway so this topic is pretty much just about which controller they need to use. And that is if it even ends with any exclusivity, otherwise the big change is a new logo at the start of a game. Very important stuff!

Last edited:

reksveks

Clearly Jensen should be worried after the failed ARM deal.

Anyone remember how many questions Nadella got asked about the ABK deal in the recent earning call?

Last edited:

feynoob

Gold Member
Wow, why can’t people be real? If you scrap the surface it’s just shills and fanboys everywhere on all sides. So tiresome. And most have all consoles anyway so this topic is pretty much just about which controller they need to use. And that is if it even ends with any exclusivity, otherwise the big change is a new logo at the start of a game. Very important stuff!
People are forgetting they are sitting behind their mobile and monitor, while typing argument about console shit.

Either they are bored, or have nothing going with their life.

Console war is shit, and people are dumb if they argue for that shit.

Last edited:

pasterpl

If you talking about Spider-Man 2, how can I play a game that is not released yet?

Re. Elden ring, yeah , I have preordered it 9th of Feb and still have not played a 1 minute it in. Got invoices if you are interested.

If you would know my schedule you would understand why even 4h playing a game is a lot for me. I have also preordered the new CoD, guess what, haven’t played 1 minute. In the last 3-4 months I probably played 40 minutes of vampire survivors (via xcloud). And spent £500-£600 on new games, got new gaming PC (Alienware R13 for almost £5k - guess what, I have not played a single game on it yet), it is not even properly setup). I really hope that the last 12-24 months craziness will end I will be able to start catching up with my backlog. I had much more time to play 2-3 years ago, now everything changed.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Nothing, life goes on.

What Mibu no ookami Mibu no ookami imagines would happen to spencer if the deal doesnt go through

hari-kari-3a-900x471.jpg

Three

If you talking about Spider-Man 2, how can I play a game that is not released yet?
Exactly, so why are you saying things like this? :

Not only this, but I couldn’t enjoy and tell people how revolutionary it is:

Another uncharted game (finhsed most of these)
Spider man 2
Etc

yet you seem happy with Flight Sim sequel 12, FH5 and its DLCs, Gears 5 and its DLCs, Halo Infinite etc in every other thread.
Re. Elden ring, yeah , I have preordered it 9th of Feb and still have not played a 1 minute it in. Got invoices if you are interested.

If you would know my schedule you would understand why even 4h playing a game is a lot for me. I have also preordered the new CoD, guess what, haven’t played 1 minute. In the last 3-4 months I probably played 40 minutes of vampire survivors (via xcloud). And spent £500-£600 on new games, got new gaming PC (Alienware R13 for almost £5k - guess what, I have not played a single game on it yet), it is not even properly setup). I really hope that the last 12-24 months craziness will end I will be able to start catching up with my backlog. I had much more time to play 2-3 years ago, now everything changed.
Frankly I don't care about your schedule or your Elden Ring Invoice. Let's say you have spent 4 hours in FH5 and that's a lot for you. Why did you mention you have only spent 4 hrs in it? To boast how much of a busy guy you are or to try to suggest that you didn't find the game interesting to refute the idea that you seem to only enjoy specific unrevolutionary sequels?

Fredrik

People are forgetting they are sitting behind their mobile and monitor, while typing arguing about console shit.

Either they are bored, or have nothing going with their life.

Console war is shit, and people are dumb if they argue for that shit.
I mean I sit a lot with my mobile too but when I play games any exclusivity for me personally really boils down to this:
GufzfQZ.jpg

It’s about which controller I need to use 🤷‍♂️
And I assume exclusivity is what console war is all about.

I absolutely get that casual gamers get angry over exclusivity though, I see it almost daily among friends. But for us who spend way too much money on this hobby:
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

This...

"If the Activision buy doesn't happen their GamePass strategy goes to shit. If their GamePass strategy goes to shit, their very reason for maintaining a console goes to shit."

Microsoft's entire console strategy under Phil Spencer was never dependent on acquiring Activision at all.

Is their console strategy under Phil Spencer dependant on GamePass?

Topher

Gold Member
Is their console strategy under Phil Spencer dependant on GamePass?

Entirely? No, of course not. Spencer has said Game Pass accounts for no more than 15% of Microsoft's game revenue. Even if it were the crux of Microsoft's console strategy, that strategy was laid out long before Activision was ever in the picture.

Last edited:
Entirely? No, of course not. Spencer has said Game Pass accounts for no more than 15% of Microsoft's game revenue. Even if it were the crux of Microsoft's console strategy, that strategy was laid out long before Activision was ever in the picture.

I think a lot of you just don't understand the business side of this and are letting your fan opinions take over.

Fact is Microsoft was looking at getting out of the console business back in 2013 and 2014. That's just a fact.

It's also a fact that the Xbox One did significantly worse than the Xbox 360.

It's also a fact that the supply issues are beginning to resolve themselves and that Microsoft hasn't had a major release in over a calendar year. That is to suggest that the first half of 2023 is probably not going to be great for Microsoft (this is the first bit of speculation).

But my point is that Microsoft has a full view of their development slate from now until probably 2027 and they were willing to throw 70 billion dollars on Activision. This is the largest M&A in video game history as well as the largest M&A in Microsoft's history.

They aren't doing this because they are trying to keep parity with PlayStation console sales. It's clear that they are doing this for subscription, mobile, and cloud gaming. In business when you make an M&A of this size, your entire business strategy for the foreseeable future is tied to that M&A. This is a fact, that's how you do roadmaps and you're not going to do a 5 year roadmap contigent on your 70 billion dollar M&A failing. That's money Microsoft (parent) is spending on other ventures and projects.

You guys are so keen on the traditional console war that you think this M&A is about Sony. It's about GamePass, Cloud, and Mobile. And the only way this was sold to the Microsoft board was that it was crucial to get Microsoft to where they want to be, otherwise, they'd have done it organically or more piece meal and focused investments elsewhere.

If you recognize that the Xbox brand was in trouble in 2013/2014 and that the Xbox One performed significantly worse than the Xbox 360, you would realize that Microsoft has a lot riding on GamePass and you could easily see the tea leaves with their emphasis on day 1 releases on both console and PC.

Sony is in a similar situation, though the market leader in console gaming, the rate of growth doesn't justify the investment compared to other aspects of gaming. This is why you've seen Sony return to PC gaming after nearly 20 years and it's why they're taking mobile gaming more seriously too.

Console gaming is a fine industry, but it has a ceiling and limited ROI. Maybe that changes with India and China, but that's yet to be seen.

Topher

Gold Member
I think a lot of you just don't understand the business side of this and are letting your fan opinions take over.

We are all expressing our opinions here. Including you. You are no more an expert on the "business side of this" than anyone else unless you want to post your linkedin page and prove otherwise.

Fact is Microsoft was looking at getting out of the console business back in 2013 and 2014. That's just a fact.

It's also a fact that the supply issues are beginning to resolve themselves and that Microsoft hasn't had a major release in over a calendar year. That is to suggest that the first half of 2023 is probably not going to be great for Microsoft (this is the first bit of speculation).

But my point is that Microsoft has a full view of their development slate from now until probably 2027 and they were willing to throw 70 billion dollars on Activision. This is the largest M&A in video game history as well as the largest M&A in Microsoft's history.

They aren't doing this because they are trying to keep parity with PlayStation console sales. It's clear that they are doing this for subscription, mobile, and cloud gaming. In business when you make an M&A of this size, your entire business strategy for the foreseeable future is tied to that M&A. This is a fact, that's how you do roadmaps and you're not going to do a 5 year roadmap contigent on your 70 billion dollar M&A failing. That's money Microsoft (parent) is spending on other ventures and projects.

You guys are so keen on the traditional console war that you think this M&A is about Sony. It's about GamePass, Cloud, and Mobile. And the only way this was sold to the Microsoft board was that it was crucial to get Microsoft to where they want to be, otherwise, they'd have done it organically or more piece meal and focused investments elsewhere.

If you recognize that the Xbox brand was in trouble in 2013/2014 and that the Xbox One performed significantly worse than the Xbox 360, you would realize that Microsoft has a lot riding on GamePass and you could easily see the tea leaves with their emphasis on day 1 releases on both console and PC.

Sony is in a similar situation, though the market leader in console gaming, the rate of growth doesn't justify the investment compared to other aspects of gaming. This is why you've seen Sony return to PC gaming after nearly 20 years and it's why they're taking mobile gaming more seriously too.

Console gaming is a fine industry, but it has a ceiling and limited ROI. Maybe that changes with India and China, but that's yet to be seen.

Now you are switching gears into mobile and cloud? Your entire premise has been about consoles. You literally just asked me about Microsoft's "console strategy". You put Game Pass, Activision and Xbox all in one basket and claimed the whole thing would go "to shit" if the acquisition didn't happen.

If your point had been that acquiring Activision was a key component for Microsoft expanding their mobile presence well.....no shit. But that's not what you were talking about at all.

feynoob

Gold Member

A) Xbox bad state let investor to suggesting selling xbox.
B)Xbox turned the ship by fixing their problems and reconnecting with their fans while investing in their 1st party studios.
C) Gamepass is netflix plan.
D) You are right about MS investing in other sectors. But this wouldnt have happened, if activision didnt have that scandal.
E)Sony business investment is in good shape. Its just gaming is bigger now. Mobile market and PC market is making alot of money. They dont want to leave these money laying around.
F) Consoles are limited due to production, and you cant go above 150m, unless you have a bigger production which makes the console at a faster rate, and consumers willing to buy the system. But that doesnt mean the investment is small. It has a high return money, depending on the model you are going for.

to summarize, current xbox vs old xbox is day and night. Gamepass is future investment. MS deal with activision is for other markets. if it fails, they can go shopping around for other mobile studios who makes alot of money. They aren tied to activision.

If you look at the market cap for some software developers you'll see that they dwarf playstation (not sony, playstation).

Activision's stock (today, even though it's beind held up by this deal) is worth 60 billion dollars.
EA is worth 34 billion
Take2 is worth 18 billion

If Valve and Epic were publicly traded, they'd probably both be worth more than EA.

Sony is a whole is worth barely over 100 billion dollars, despite being the market leader in video games the last 20 years.

This came from their inability to generate money from MTX, GaaS, and software sales on other platforms.

Note Disney bought Fox for 70 billion dollars. How much was Sony Pictures worth? Less than Fox for sure, but Vox at one time estimated they might be worth 30 billion and this was when sony was worth 40 billion.
We are all expressing our opinions here. Including you. You are no more an expert on the "business side of this" than anyone else unless you want to post your linkedin page and prove otherwise.

Now you are switching gears into mobile and cloud? Your entire premise has been about consoles. You literally just asked me about Microsoft's "console strategy". You put Game Pass, Activision and Xbox all in one basket and claimed the whole thing would go "to shit" if the acquisition didn't happen.

If your point had been that acquiring Activision was a key component for Microsoft expanding their mobile presence well.....no shit. But that's not what you were talking about at all.

In reality, you just haven't been listening.

Microsoft isn't interested in going toe to toe with Sony via Xbox vs PlayStation.

GamePass and increased revenue from non traditional sources is what kept Nadella invested in Xbox and part of delivering that as Xbox isn't capable of delivering on that today is buying a major studio like Activision.

It is only logical that if that fails there will be serious repercussions to Microsoft's strategy.

No one buys a company for 70 billion dollars that isn't vital to their strategy.

The most important thing to understand is how low in importance the Xbox console is to Microsoft's overall strategy. It's a pillar for sure and a driver for their subscription service, but if these other strategies fail, Microsoft's not going to stay in the console business being outsold by Sony 2-3:1, that's just not what they're looking for in terms of ROI.

Microsoft thinks they're in a better position to deliver on cloud gaming than Google. They probably are, but it isn't a guaranteed thing either.

They also think they can deliver a sustainable subscription service. Something a lot of Xbox fans think is super simple, it isn't.

They want to drastically increase their number of subscribers via CoD and they want to increase the number of devices people access it through.

A) Xbox bad state let investor to suggesting selling xbox.
B)Xbox turned the ship by fixing their problems and reconnecting with their fans while investing in their 1st party studios.
C) Gamepass is netflix plan.
D) You are right about MS investing in other sectors. But this wouldnt have happened, if activision didnt have that scandal.
E)Sony business investment is in good shape. Its just gaming is bigger now. Mobile market and PC market is making alot of money. They dont want to leave these money laying around.
F) Consoles are limited due to production, and you cant go above 150m, unless you have a bigger production which makes the console at a faster rate, and consumers willing to buy the system. But that doesnt mean the investment is small. It has a high return money, depending on the model you are going for.

to summarize, current xbox vs old xbox is day and night. Gamepass is future investment. MS deal with activision is for other markets. if it fails, they can go shopping around for other mobile studios who makes alot of money. They aren tied to activision.

Xbox One sold LESS than Xbox 360. Not sure what better state you think they're in now. They've invested in their first party, but just went an entire calendar year without a single major hit release.

GamePass is a netflix plan that requires consistent value which costs money, which drives margins down, which forces subscription prices up, which drives subscribers away... it's a hard loop to maintain and requires big hits to keep people in.

Activision's stock would have been way lower if Microsoft hadn't tried to buy them during the era of cheap money. They're paying way more than they're worth right now and I'm sure some on the Microsoft board would just as well see this merger fail than pay such a premium on Activision.

Sony is playing catch up on a multi-media strategy they themselves envisioned back in 2006 with Howard Stringer. They struggled as a digital company, and he tried to turn them from an electronics company to a media company.

The Last of Us and Uncharted are really the first major successes that Stringer would have envisioned more than 15 years ago.

I love the whole gamepass is too dominant to be allowed to purchase Activision and xbox will die without Activision juxtaposition

Ironically both can be true.

Activision is the largest 3rd party publisher on the planet and obviously, their involvement in anything is going to cause an extreme.

It's like saying if you put Michael Jordan on a middle of the road team in 1995 they'd become too dominant, but that's kind of what the bulls were. A middle of the road team without Michael Jordan, yet dominant with him.

The Bulls 47-35 without Michael Jordan (he played 17 games that year) and were 72-10 the next year.

Would Sony have been as dominant without Final Fantasy 7?

I think one could argue that FF7 allowed them to dominate especially in Japan, and their dominance in Japan allowed them to dominate the rest of the industry.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
In reality, you just haven't been listening.

Not true at all. I quoted you directly with what I disagreed with.

"If the Activision buy doesn't happen their GamePass strategy goes to shit. If their GamePass strategy goes to shit, their very reason for maintaining a console goes to shit."

And I answered your question "Is their console strategy under Phil Spencer dependant on GamePass?" directly.

I have been discussing your original "console strategy" premise and your follow up question so it is completely disingenuous of you to suggest I'm not following the conversation.

Not true at all. I quoted you directly with what I disagreed with.

And I answered your question "Is their console strategy under Phil Spencer dependant on GamePass?" directly.

I have been discussing your original "console strategy" premise and your follow up question so it is completely disingenuous of you to suggest I'm not following the conversation.

You aren't though... because somehow you've convinced yourself that Microsoft is in it for the long haul with consoles no matter what, despite the evidence to suggest otherwise.

If Xbox series gets outsold 2:1 to 3:1 by PS5 AND GamePass falters, tell me what you think happens.

Topher

Gold Member
You aren't though... because somehow you've convinced yourself that Microsoft is in it for the long haul with consoles no matter what, despite the evidence to suggest otherwise.

If Xbox series gets outsold 2:1 to 3:1 by PS5 AND GamePass falters, tell me what you think happens.

I didn't say anything about Microsoft being "in it for the long haul with consoles no matter what", now did I? And you accuse me of not "listening"? lol

If Microsoft's "console strategy" turns out to be a failure then yeah, no shit they will probably shut down the console. Again, that "console strategy" has never been contingent on acquiring Activision Blizzard. If the acquisition fails Xbox will continue on with the studios they have acquired. Xbox is in a better place they have ever been.

feynoob

Gold Member

PS has global audience, Xbox doesnt.

This is what people need to understand, when they bring in those numbers.

The only reason Xbox is competitive is due to western market. Its dead in asia.

PS has global audience, Xbox doesnt.

This is what people need to understand, when they bring in those numbers.

The only reason Xbox is competitive is due to western market. Its dead in asia.

What relevance does that have.

Can you attest that consumers who bought the 360 did not return to the Xbox One, with the X1 selling considerably fewer units.

Is that because of Asia?

You don't shut down your business just because you're getting your ass whooped by the competition. They can get outsold 10:1 for all they care. As long as the numbers game makes sense they'll stay in the industry.

I didn't say anything about Microsoft being "in it for the long haul with consoles no matter what", now did I? And you accuse me of not "listening"? lol

If Microsoft's "console strategy" turns out to be a failure then yeah, no shit they will probably shut down the console. Again, that "console strategy" has never been contingent on acquiring Activision Blizzard. If the acquisition fails Xbox will continue on with the studios they have acquired. Xbox is in a better place they have ever been.

You seem to believe that their strategy isn't contingent on their planned purchase of the largest M&A in video games and the largest in their own company's history.

The idea that Xbox is in a better place than they've ever been, ignores its success with the 360 and the lack of success they've had with any of its acquisitions to date.

You don't shut down your business just because you're getting your ass whooped by the competition. They can get outsold 10:1 for all they care. As long as the numbers game makes sense they'll stay in the industry.

again, you're ignoring that microsoft themselves said they considered getting out of the industry because the numbers obviously didn't make sense.

They're rolling the dice on GamePass, but if it doesn't do how they think it will down the road AND the console sales slow beyond the Xbox One... they're going to get out...

pasterpl

Exactly, so why are you saying things like this? :
Based on your previous experiences with Sony exclusives and what was showed so far you must be living in a different world if you expect Spider-Man 2 tech/quality jump to be comparable between fs2020 and previous instalment. It is not that level mate. I already know what I can roughly expect from wolverine game. Guess how?

Frankly I don't care about your schedule or your Elden Ring Invoice. Let's say you have spent 4 hours in FH5 and that's a lot for you. Why did you mention you have only spent 4 hrs in it? To boast how much of a busy guy you are or to try to suggest that you didn't find the game interesting to refute the idea that you seem to only enjoy specific unrevolutionary sequels?
To explain to you that for me 4h spent in a game is a lot nowadays (used to play Skyrim 6h a day when it released for comparison). Also to highlight the fact that games that are repetitive, non-innovative a simply waste of my precious time eg. Horizon or forza horizon 5, I still can say that I like a game but I don’t have to finish every game to make judgment. Copy paste sequels are some some are hyping around here are for me a waste of time. Proper reboots of old gems is different story, some titles I grew up playing - this is a proper reboot and not remake (with better textures and res) of one gen old game sold at full price. We have got a different view in terms of excites us in gaming and this is fair. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions.

End of OT

feynoob

Gold Member
What relevance does that have.

Can you attest that consumers who bought the 360 did not return to the Xbox One, with the X1 selling considerably fewer units.

Is that because of Asia?
Japan PS4 vs Xbox one is 140k for xbox one and 9m for ps4.

These type of sales affects total sales. So overall sales depends on how strong is your system globaly.

again, you're ignoring that microsoft themselves said they considered getting out of the industry because the numbers obviously didn't make sense.

They're rolling the dice on GamePass, but if it doesn't do how they think it will down the road AND the console sales slow beyond the Xbox One... they're going to get out...

Yeah, last gen thanks to the matrick shitshow. The numbers have changed. Like Topher Topher said they're in the best position they've ever been (yes even if you include the success of the 360)

Last edited:
Japan PS4 vs Xbox one is 140k for xbox one and 9m for ps4.

These type of sales affects total sales. So overall sales depends on how strong is your system globaly.

Yeah, but explain how that was different for PS3 and 360.

Did the Xbox One drop significantly in sales due to Japan?

No. If that were the case Microsoft would have seriously upped their Japanese investment, that isn't the case.

Initial missteps, plus Sony's improved 1st party support and 3rd party exclusives shifted focus away from Xbox.

They currently have much closer numbers to parity, but that's because you can't find anything in stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom