• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

soldat7

Francias Castiglione said:
:D I loved the way the kids were in the first game, hilarious little buggers.

fable-2-20080513085828776_640w.jpg

This child looks rather pleasant. I bet he's a nice boy.

Halo Wars is suppose to take place during the Halo Trilogies entirety and then some... Also, well into the future and into past before the events of the 3 games as well. We may even see the battle of reach!!

GhaleonEB

Revelations said:
They may not have mimicked the same art style from the FPS franchise. But they nailed the environments and atmostpheres of those games in Halo Wars. It feels just like the first Halo game. The 2 and third not so much. Maybe in later levels.
They got the environmental design and feel down, I agree. But some of the other designs are off. If it wasn't specified on the Halo Wars site, I wouldn't have realized that some of the designs there are Forerunner in origin; they don't capture the design elements that make Forerunner structures stand out in the Halo universe.

But those are nits I'm picking at. I'm awaiting more on the game before I criticize it further. That's just concept art, I want to see more gameplay and finished product.

I'm guessing the game got pushed out. MS would want to hype Halo Wars - their next Halo game - to high heaven. It's going through an internal Alpha and we still haven't seen any update since E3 last year. I'm guessing it's gotten pushed out to 2009. From the developer updates, they are still working on a lot of the content and features, rather than pulling it together at this point.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Quazar said:
So are they eating lunch yet or what?

:lol why is everyone obsessed with whether or not lunch = them eating or lunch = luncheon?

it doesn't matter, Ninja Blade doesn't exists

Deepblue

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Most of the Halo Wars art is old, but the first few are new.

They didn't quite hit the Halo art style, but that's to be expected coming from a different team.
All of it is old actually, but to me, the newest screens really nail the Halo look.
screenshots_1280_002.jpg

GhaleonEB said:
I'm guessing the game got pushed out. MS would want to hype Halo Wars - their next Halo game - to high heaven. It's going through an internal Alpha and we still haven't seen any update since E3 last year. I'm guessing it's gotten pushed out to 2009. From the developer updates, they are still working on a lot of the content and features, rather than pulling it together at this point.

No no. Its at the show. So they plan to releas eit this year. As alll games there are showcased for 2008 releases. Dont worry we should get more info today or tomorrow on its status.

GhaleonEB

Deepblue said:
All of it is old actually, but to me, the newest screens really nail the Halo look.
screenshots_1280_002.jpg

I could pick some huge-ass nits there, but I won't. :)

There's a lot more in that shot that I like than I don't like. I'm hopeful, and expect certain differences coming from a different team. But like I said, I want to see more and especially the gameplay.

Revelations said:
No no. Its at the show. So they plan to releas eit this year. As alll games there are showcased for 2008 releases. Dont worry we should get more info today or tomorrow on its status.
Neato, thanks.

Rad Agast

witness said:
There so cool and such hip rock stars to behead a giant mario in their trailer! Of course some "tester" made that giant mario, no one from the team of course thought of that and created it. Of course they thought so much of the tester's creation that they threw it in the trailer, it was never planned at all for their game play debut trailer......

Why so serious? You sound offended. Are you a nintedite or something? I didn't know there was a religion revolving around mario. ;-)

GhaleonEB

RSTEIN said:
Deepblue: is that in game? If so, wow!
Yup, that's a screenshot. The swarm of Jackals in the middle, with a line of tanks behind them, make me all happy in special places.

Edit: and there's a Scarab on top of the wall to the right.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Revelations said:
It's still up on the MS press kit site.

:D I'm just trying to get duckroll to suicide

GhaleonHaloMaster said:
Yup, that's a screenshot. The swarm of Jackals in the middle, with a line of tanks behind them, make me all happy in special places.

Holy... wow... I never realized how gorgeous the game is. Look at the water!

*prays for good control scheme*

Ariexv

plaguis said:
Theres a fine line between a joke and disrespect. I see it as disrespect. And no, neither title touched Mario 64.
Lol you're a joke poster right? Banjo was every bit as good as Mario 64 if not better in alot of places, Diddy kong racing shit all over Mario kart, and Goldeneye was one of the best games for N64. Not only was the Mario thing a joke, but if anyone deserves to do something like that it's Rare.

aries_71

All in all, I'm extremely excited with the 2008 line up of games for the 360. Awesome. Now, I'm going to meditate about the sum of money I'm going to end up spending on software.

Walshicus

Halo Wars is one of my most anticipated upcoming titles; the screens just nail it for me.

GhaleonEB said:
I could pick some huge-ass nits there, but I won't. :)
Go for it. I am actually genuinely interested.

DuckRacer

duckroll said:
So this is definitely a multi-day event?
From what I've seen the event started yesterday and is ending Thursday (May 12th-15th).

And there's also a shitload of events going on this week (from GI.biz?), EA, Eidos, bunch of others. Wonder what the new NFS will be like.
Go for it. I am actually genuinely interested.

Quazar

So any particular reason why MS is holding this event so close to E3? Is it so people focus more on the games rather than announce / show more at once?

Quazar said:
So any particular reason why MS is holding this event so close to E3? Is it so people focus more on the games rather than announce / show more at once?

Because some of the titles will be out before E3. E3 is mostly for the titles that wont make it this year and are not part of Microsofts 2008 lineup. Of course they will be there just not as prominent as the unknowns. E3 is in July, a bit closer to some games released dates. Showcaseing your first party lineup now is good to put spotlight on your third party partners offerings at TGS and E3!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Revelations said:
Halo Wars is suppose to take place during the Halo Trilogies entirety and then some... Also, well into the future and into past before the events of the 3 games as well. We may even see the battle of reach!!
FAP FAP FAP FAP!

Revelations said:
Because some of the titles will be out before E3. E3 is mostly for the titles that wont make it this year and are not part of Microsofts 2008 lineup. Of course they will be there just not as prominent as the unknowns. E3 is in July, a bit closer to some games released dates. Showcaseing your first party lineup now is good to put spotlight on your third party partners offerings at TGS and E3!

wait i thought MS wasnt showing their next year game so early anymore?

BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
wait i thought MS wasnt showing their next year game so early anymore?
They havnt completely learned how to keep thier mouths shut. That wont stop third parties from showing thier future 360 offerings though.

Most of the videos and info out now is from 2 weeks back. None of the official Gamers Day stuff is out yet from the event. You will have to wait until later this evening for the first trickle of recent information.

FFChris

keiji said:
the convention is end??????????

No, read the thread.

Also, are the question marks really necessary????????

Revelations said:
Most of the videos and info out now is from 2 weeks back. None of the official Gamers Day stuff is out yet from the event. You will have to wait until later this evening for the first trickle of recent information.

I'm on the edge of my seat. :D

Shard said:

If this were someone other than Rare, would people be hating? That sounds like a lot of fun.

Naturally, execution is everything, but the premise is pretty damn cool.

I could see online races going in two directions: 1) people who want to win and manage engineering feats that put NASA to shame and 2) people who want to make others laugh and come up with ridiculous, over-the-top Frankenstein abortions. I can't wait.

Top Bottom