• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
New post:

GARNETT: So, here's the scoop; that little section of singleplayer you've seen, Cliffy's playing the whole damn thing for us. Starts out on rig 314, that's one of these derrick things that burrow your team into the planet's core to fight the locust on their own turf. There's a catch (natch) that these things have to be positioned in specific places before they start drilling.

We're on the ride out to one such location now. Reminds me a lot of the train sequence at the end of the first game. Started off with just some bombardment and flying enemies but it's all gone to hell now with locust coming from every direction. They even hijacked one one of the other rigs and are trying to run us off the road. One thing that really stands out to me about the gunfire is this excellent tracer effect; it's particularly noticeable on the machine guns. The tracers blur and smear as they spray out of the gun. Helps a ton in being able to see the spread of your fire. Oh, and bloody hell, this ride has now seen us face pretty much every big bad ass from the original and it's just one level. Brumak, check, Corpser, check, Holy hell.

Shane said:
Wow, Epic has really optimized the hell out of its engine for Gears 2. The character models sport a serious amount of detail, the trees look insanely good, and the overall scope of this level is massive. That said, I wish they hadn't shown an on-rails stage. Not a lot of variety or freedom of choice here, but hell, it's a nice showpiece.

What have you done with Shane!?

watership

nelsonroyale said:
The stars wars game looks really impressive...the realisation of the art is some of the best Ive seen...since when did they get back on track??? having seen much decent since the tie fighter days... this is looking like a return to form. Dont mess this up....

Some of that art seems to be right out of Revenge of the Sith. Hope it all comes together.

Emenis said:
#-------------#
Scene It? 2
#-------------#

Not much is known about this title yet. Will update as soon as we get new information.

----------------------------------------------------

I was hoping the charm of Scene It? on Xbox 360 was that, unlike the dvd / board game version, you could easily add content, questions, achievements via DLC to keep the game fresh.

For example. Instead of buying Scene It? Disney Edition, and Scene It? Classic TV edition you could keep Scene It 360 and just buy the Disney DLC pack, Classic TV Pack, Star Wars Pack, etc.

:sigh: I'm a bit disappointed. Not that there will be more Scene It? I love Scene It?, just the fact that this pretty much eliminates my hopes of getting DLC for my original.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Where actual new games show during the 1pm meeting? Is anything else new still coming besides Scene it? 2 ?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
wow - Zoids Alternative is getting a US release.

I wonder if they bothered improving the gameplay?

skip

apparently there's some sort of intermission/workshop or something. garnett updated with further fable thoughts.

Gowans

fourzerotwo said:
I was hoping the charm of Scene It? on Xbox 360 was that, unlike the dvd / board game version, you could easily add content, questions, achievements via DLC to keep the game fresh.

For example. Instead of buying Scene It? Disney Edition, and Scene It? Classic TV edition you could keep Scene It 360 and just buy the Disney DLC pack, Classic TV Pack, Star Wars Pack, etc.

:sigh: I'm a bit disappointed. Not that there will be more Scene It? I love Scene It?, just the fact that this pretty much eliminates my hopes of getting DLC for my original.

yeah they really missed out on something that could have been great, maybe thats Scene It 2?

Buzz PS3 looks like its going to have all of that plus online play and user created questions, this is what we want.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Molyneux is a fucking God:
They're definitely serious about pushing the emotional angle too. Molyneux told us about their testing to see what would be the worst thing their main bad guy could do: kill your sister, bed your wife, etc. As it turns out they had the strongest response to the idea of him kicking your dog.
:lol

Yup, someone kicking my dog would be more emotional to me than someone bedding my wife.

GARNETT said:
Great, it's just like some sort of workshop. We have a 30 minute break now. Don't they know to at least serve ice cream sandwiches during the break? Whatevs, gives me a couple of minutes to catch up on some of what we saw upstairs.

Jumping back to Fable 2, it came off a lot like a more colorful, and more than that -- fanciful -- expression of the same game design that built Oblivion. Molyneux stressed that it's a "role playing game set in a simulated world." Sounds about right, huh? They're definitely serious about pushing the emotional angle too. Molyneux told us about their testing to see what would be the worst thing their main bad guy could do: kill your sister, bed your wife, etc. As it turns out they had the strongest response to the idea of him kicking your dog. As the owner of two wonderful Labs I get that, but I'm not sure if connects with everyone; I mean, do cat-people care?

We're heading over for some Too Human next. Shane and I will try and get some coop on.

Updated at the interval.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I'm really disappointed about Too Human being only 2-player co-op. That's one of the main draws of the game gone for me. Banjo, VP2 and Fable 2 all look great.

cjelly said:
Molyneux is a fucking God:

Yup, someone kicking my dog would be more emotional to me than someone bedding my wife.

In the case of the world of Fable it is probably true, the dog is your constant companion and your wife will just be a character you see every so often.

WrikaWrek

Banned
cjelly said:

In a game? Sure.

Since it's easier to emulate a dog in a game that a women (Person), it's easier to get attached to a dog.

If your "wife" in fable 2 puts you a pair you won't care much, but your dog, that his is your companion in this world. Oh...you will get upset.

FFChris

Too Human impressions up on the 1up blog.

Edit: Garnett says with 4 people playing together it would get hectic when the added enemies, but I don't know why they couldn't just make the current amount of enemies more powerful?

FFChris said:
Too Human impressions up on the 1up blog.

Edit: Garnett says with 4 people playing together it would get hectic when the added enemies, but I don't know why they couldn't just make the current amount of enemies more powerful?
Large number of enemies is good for marketing.

jacobs34

GARNETT: "Not entirely sold" sounds pretty generous after what I saw. This is not 1950; erector sets are not exactly all the rage. Tinkering with all the bits and pieces, and managing blueprints to build all these different rigs just doesn't get me too excited. The bigger thing, and we were just standing around talking about this, is after so long without a Banjo why be different just to be different? This is the game you put out after a return to glory for the series.

I like Garnett, but come on man... not you too.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
SHANE: I'm not entirely sold, however, on the whole vehicle-creation business. The interface doesn't seem as fast and fun as they'd have you believe, and it seems that vehicular gameplay will make up most of what the game offers.
Oh Rare, this is what you gimped Kazooie for? -_-

GARNETT: "Not entirely sold" sounds pretty generous after what I saw. This is not 1950; erector sets are not exactly all the rage. Tinkering with all the bits and pieces, and managing blueprints to build all these different rigs just doesn't get me too excited. The bigger thing, and we were just standing around talking about this, is after so long without a Banjo why be different just to be different? This is the game you put out after a return to glory for the series.
Exactly, especially since there are no good platformers on the 360 in the first place. :\

SHANE: I'm not entirely sold, however, on the whole vehicle-creation business. The interface doesn't seem as fast and fun as they'd have you believe, and it seems that vehicular gameplay will make up most of what the game offers.

aw fuck

Top Bottom