• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wind Waker Ocarina and Majora's Mask makes sense because a lot of people missed out on these amazing games but SM64 is a game that already got kinda remade and unlike Zelda The 3D Mario games are well represented with 3D World just out recently.

True. And Mario 64 DS on its own sold a lot.

Nibel

It's weird seeing Steve Youngblood in here
KuGsj.gif

Only Eaty was crazy enough to participate in the madness in the past

One day Opiate will join our ranks with a Cranky chess avatar

Cant Nintendo Just get some games from sega other than Sonic?

A new streets of rage, adam-axel-blaze only?

If only the Super Monkey Ball franchise was still up to par, I would love a Super Monkey Ball game on the Wii U Gamepad. Unfortunately, the franchise started sucking after Super Monkey Ball Deluxe.

It's weird seeing Steve Youngblood in here
KuGsj.gif

Only Eaty was crazy enough to participate in the madness in the past

One day Opiate will join our ranks with a Cranky chess avatar

they are secretly making fun of all of us I mean after that VGX Cranky thread people still hype up a pre-Nintendo Direct thread, we love Nintendo abusing us

Foshy

my (pretty reasonable imo) guesses:

- (too) long look at DK: TF, EU release date
- MK8 detailed, release date announced
- Jigglypuff confirmed for Smash, release window Q3 2014
- Kirby trailer + release date, Q1 2014
- Mario Golf trailer + release date, Q2 2014
- Fast Racing Neo trailer + release date, Q1 2014
- Wii Sports Club Golf trailer
- small indie game montage
- SMTIV EU release date (aw yiss)
- Bayo 2 trailer, no release date
- X trailer + name reveal, no release date
- Animal Crossing U announced, release Q4 2014
- Pokken Fighters announced, release Q3 2014

Hiltz

Eh, Sonic can go to hell. Sega team can't be trusted to maintain the consistent quality of Sonic IP. Nintendo should get them to do something more interesting. How about something more fans want, like a new Jet Set Radio ?

Mariolee

On top of my Luigi's Mansion Wii U prediction, Nintendo will also reveal their third Sonic game. And so it has been foretold, and so it shall be.

Neiteio

Yeah, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if LM2 WiiU is a thing, or if they take this opportunity to announce Animal Crossing U is in development. Nintendo's response to the WiiU's plight so far has been to take a reliable big-name brand (I.E. anything with Mario in the title, etc) and indicate that it's in the pipeline.

Ashodin

I expect a huge deal of the Direct to be spent on Cranky Kong. Yep. They're going to assume no one watched the VGX, or looked at the videos from VGX, or anything.

We're a bunch of ignorant gamers to Nintendo.

Lumyst

Please, new 3DS and WiiU owners, don't be like those people who bought their WiiU with NSMBU last year only to not buy anything else and put the console away. I hope those people who bought the Zelda bundles of both the WiiU and 3DS are the "seasoned" gamers who will want to buy more games. (Speaking of 3DS, I'm gonna cross my fingers for Harvest Moon Connect to a New Land to be localized soon.)

Pociask

Yeah, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if LM2 WiiU is a thing, or if they take this opportunity to announce Animal Crossing U is in development. Nintendo's response to the WiiU's plight so far has been to take a reliable big-name brand (I.E. anything with Mario in the title, etc) and indicate that it's in the pipeline.

How did Animal Crossing end up selling on the Wii? All I remember is how pissed fans were after E3 when Reggie said they were making games for the core, they showed Animal Crossing for Pete's sake!

GooeyHeat

Unless they gave away free games. I don't think they have anything that will induce fence sitters to buy a WiiU.

And Nintendo buying Sega would be horrible for the games industry.
Price drop to $149, Rename the gamepad to VCU (Visual Controller Unit), rename the console to the Nintendo x SEGA Exodus, announce a new Jet Set Radio, Shenmue 3, Virtua Fighter 6, and F-Zero EX, make SEGA Channel Redux a service like PSN+.

AND THERE YA GO.

Ashodin

Please, new 3DS and WiiU owners, don't be like those people who bought their WiiU with NSMBU last year only to not buy anything else and put the console away. I hope those people who bought the Zelda bundles of both the WiiU and 3DS are the "seasoned" gamers who will want to buy more games. (Speaking of 3DS, I'm gonna cross my fingers for Harvest Moon Connect to a New Land to be localized soon.)

Not going to lie, I do want Tropical Freeze.

I just want a secret holiday gift of Xenoblade HD on my Wii U I want to replay that gem

I'll take $100 Pizza Hut gift card if you can't deliver this Iwata

All the "seasoned" gamers are playing games on "other" systems. The reason current owners aren't buying more software is because it's not compelling enough.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Price drop to $149, Rename the gamepad to VCU (Visual Controller Unit), rename the console to the Nintendo x SEGA Exodus, announce a new Jet Set Radio, Shenmue 3, Virtua Fighter 6, and F-Zero EX, make SEGA Channel Redux a service like PSN+.

AND THERE YA GO.

I guess that would be Nintendo in batshit insane mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom