• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the chance that there's going to be any recognition by Nintendo during the Direct that WiiU might be slightly behind the projected sales figures? And what they intend to do about it.

Iwata has already done that numerous times.

For example:

"We are to blame [for poor Wii U sales]. We relaxed our [marketing] efforts, so the consumers today still cannot understand what's so good and unique about the Wii U. Because we're always trying to be unique, it takes some energies on our side to [make] people understand the real attractions about whatever we are doing." - Iwata, June 13th

"I understand that the real issue [with Wii U sales] is the lack of software, and the only solution is to provide the mass-market with a number of quality software titles." - Iwata, August 12th

"Are we satisfied with these [Wii U] sales results? No. Is it impossible to recover from this? No." - Iwata, October 30th

"With respect to Wii U, on the other hand, I remarked at the Financial Results Briefing held back in April that we would carefully work on its market penetration, but its sales have not yet picked up significantly since the summer launches of some key first-party titles. There have been large intervals between the releases of key first-party titles, and given that there is little seasonable demand at the moment, we are not in a position where we can change the fate of the system with just one title." - Iwata, October 31st

Etc.

The purpose of Nintendo Directs is to celebrate Nintendo and highlight all of the fun content that the fans can look forward to. There's no place for negativity in joyous events like Nintendo Directs.

Woah, just because they have no development experience on a HD console; it means they can't develop on one in the future?

No, because they're too small to work on a retail title for an HD console. Nirolak, one of the mods here, works or lives near their offices and said they're pretty small.

For example:

"We are to blame [for poor Wii U sales]. We relaxed our [marketing] efforts, so the consumers today still cannot understand what's so good and unique about the Wii U. Because we're always trying to be unique, it takes some energies on our side to [make] people understand the real attractions about whatever we are doing." - Iwata, June 13th

"I understand that the real issue [with Wii U sales] is the lack of software, and the only solution is to provide the mass-market with a number of quality software titles." - Iwata, August 12th

"Are we satisfied with these [Wii U] sales results? No. Is it impossible to recover from this? No." - Iwata, October 30th

"With respect to Wii U, on the other hand, I remarked at the Financial Results Briefing held back in April that we would carefully work on its market penetration, but its sales have not yet picked up significantly since the summer launches of some key first-party titles. There have been large intervals between the releases of key first-party titles, and given that there is little seasonable demand at the moment, we are not in a position where we can change the fate of the system with just one title." - Iwata, October 31st

Etc.

The purpose of Nintendo Directs is to celebrate Nintendo and highlight all of the fun content the fans will be able to look forward to. There's no place for negativity in joyous events like Nintendo Directs.

First it's the marketing, then the lack of software, and now it's because of no killer app.

When is Iwata finally going to blame himself?

qko

What's the over/under on "Please understand"s in this direct? Because I've got my money on 3.

What are the Vegas odds on Iwata saying: "Thank you for sticking around until the end" at the conclusion of this Nintendo Direct?

First it's the marketing, then the lack of software, and now it's because of no killer app.

If this keeps up we will all witness him fall on his Mastersword in one of these directs.

all jokes aside..

please be a good direct. I need one.

KHlover

Banned
My time at NeoGAF has confirmed one thing:

Law of NeoGAF: A game or announcement thread's size is proportional to the amount of disappointment after receiving said game or announcement.

Addendum 1: This law is self-fullfilling.

Addendum 2: If the "Law of NeoGAF" is not in place, refer to the "Law of NeoGAF". This Addendum is an application of Addendum 1.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

For example:

Etc.

The purpose of Nintendo Directs is to celebrate Nintendo and highlight all of the fun content that the fans can look forward to. There's no place for negativity in joyous events like Nintendo Directs.

Thanks Aquamarine.

mantidor

What do you think the problem of the Wii U is, the product itself or its management? because from your posting history it seems is the former, and you can't blame that on Iwata alone. If it's an awesome product that's been mismanaged then you can mainly blame Iwata.

javac

ih7fFLzDHKm7Q.gif

That zero at the end always gets me lmao. Get Cranky or get out.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Super Mario 64 HD would be insane. And insanely easy for NCL to put out.

Indeed. Easy money for them. Spend on month on new updated textures. Update some of the model. They could use the Mario model they've already got in Mario3DW. Improve the lighting then shove it out on eShop. Job done.

What do you think the problem of the Wii U is, the product itself or its management? because from your posting history it seems is the former, and you can't blame that on Iwata alone. If it's an awesome product that's been mismanaged then you can mainly blame Iwata.

I blame mostly the planning of the Wii U. Conceptually, I think it's a good idea, but they sereve failed the execution.

Ashodin

Indeed. Easy money for them. Spend on month on new updated textures. Update some of the model. They could use the Mario model they've already got in Mario3DW. Improve the lighting then shove it out on eShop. Job done.

Suddenly you will have new streamers speed running...

GDGF

Soothsayer
I just realized something cool a new Metroid Prime could do.

In past Prime games scanning was important, well with miiverse, players could imbed their own messages into objects, and have other players scan and read it.

This is a good idea, and less obtuse than Zombie U's implementation.

javac

It's not that good of a game these days. Sorry I'd rather they didn't spend time on that crap. I'd buy it sure but I'd be cranky as fuck. The game hasn't aged well and it'll be a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom