• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaitsu

Banned
maybe singapore is one of the less detailed cities in flight simulator 2020, maybe its detail is filled up with the updates.
that set of bridges is definitely missing though, although there is a line of traffic crossing the water right now :] so maybe its a bug
anyway, I think there is enough stuff from your city to have some fun with until further fixed

Gosh, even watching it for half of minute already get me bored. I dont like racing games, but they are much more fun that this.

maybe singapore is one of the less detailed cities in flight simulator 2020, maybe its detail is filled up with the updates.
that set of bridges is definitely missing though, although there is a line of traffic crossing the water right now :] so maybe its a bug
anyway, I think there is enough stuff from your city to have some fun with until further fixed

As I said, not impressive. Some parts around the marina area don't even have 3D models, but flat textures painted on the ground.

geordiemp

I'm 34 yrs young here, you wrinkly bastards. Someone told me when you go past 40 you have to have a prostate check via a probe inserted up your jacksy, is this true? I've been scared of that for months now.

Be brave, its fun. Think of phil and you will be fine

eq8sWLj.jpg

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

Took the words right out of my mouth. Calling someone 'kid' in order to sound condescending is so 2004. We are better than this.

Kate's friend wants you all to stop making war and start making love.

Now why don't we all agree that hot chicks are awesome and the PS5 and XSX are both going to be amazing?

Ummm. Hey, Boss.... TGO TGO
Are we allowed more than one 'Kate'?
:messenger_halo:

geordiemp

ssd powa geordi , you know how it goes

No I dont, your streaming the world to RAM from internet, its not on an SSD.

Do you think XSX version will come allot of blu ray disks, or will you have to write to SSD which would not be good.

Or will teh streaming pool be less and lower quality...or maybe you need much faster internet due to lower memory ?

Streaming pool will be no where near PC levels, so interesting to see how it works on console (if we ever see it)

Last edited:

ksdixon

Random acquisition musings for Sony since it's always something to ponder as a new gen begins. I know it's not always a popular topic of discussion but it is a reality of this business and we've already seen plenty of companies get acquired during this gen and that will only continue next gen. So just a few scenarios...

1. Was thinking about this a while back but I think Sony should make a move to acquire Kadokawa. They're already investing heavily in anime to make it a new core pillar for their overall business so Kadokawa would fit perfectly with that. An added bonus would be they'd also be acquiring From Software which would be a big get given how popular their style of games are. They'd pick up a ton of other businesses with Kadokawa, but a lot of them seem like they could slot right into Sony's existing businesses.

2. Still curious if Leyou is on the table for a potential acquisition. Tencent has an exclusive window for negotiation (3 months, IIRC) and as far as I'm aware talks are still ongoing. If things don't work out for Tencent then I wonder if Sony is still interested in bidding on them. It would add a few new studios to Sony's portfolio and help further get their foot into the Chinese market which we already know they're working on with the China Hero Project. Rumor had it that it would be Sony itself and not SIE that would be placing the bid so Leyou could potentially become an independent entity under the Sony umbrella, not necessarily under PlayStation, but no doubt they'd work together heavily.

3. Then there's WB Games. We don't know if WB games is actually going to be sold or not yet, or if Sony's interested at all if they are being sold. If both of those are true then it could be an interesting get for Sony if they can secure a very lengthy licensing deal for IP. We know AT&T is looking to offload companies to help hammer down their massive debt. The 4 billion they're rumored to be asking is pretty damn ludicrous but we also know Sony's currently in talks to acquire Crunchyroll from them for upwards of 1.5 billion dollars. If WB Games is being sold and Sony's interested then maybe that opens up the door for some sort of package deal to get WB Games and Crunchyroll for a price that both makes sense and still makes AT&T happy. If this were to happen then maybe WB Games could become a separate entity under Sony like the Leyou scenario so jobs would be maintained and they'd still have the freedom to put content on other platforms if they chose to when it makes sense.

4. Then we have a laundry list of partners Sony normally works with where people have been speculating about acquisitions for the longest time. That list includes Bluepoint, Arrowhead, Housemarque, Sumo Digital, Kojima Productions and more. We don't know if Sony has any plans to make a move for any of these companies anytime soon, but we've seen plenty of other smaller devs get hoovered up by Microsoft, Facebook, Stadia, Tencent, THQ Nordic and other publishers lately. Sony's got good working relationships with these studios so maybe it's time to put a ring on it and make it official.

Right now the only one we know Sony was ready to put a bid on was Leyou and that would've cost over a billion dollars. We do know from insiders (iirc Zhuge and one or two others) that last year they were putting out feelers for Remedy, but since Remedy recently signed a deal with Epic Games for their next 2 games I think it's obvious that won't be happening anytime soon. Their acquisition of Insomniac was a great move but the knowledge that they were showing interest in Remedy and Leyou tells us they still want to keep expanding. I'm curious how soon we might hear about more acquisition moves.

Good post. I back this line of thinking. Especially when so many former Sony-related game studios and game IP are going multi-console or PS5+PC this coming gen: like yakuza series, quantic dream (detroit, beyond 2 souls, heavy rain), supermassive (until dawn, psvr games, man of medan), ready at dawn (the order 1886) etc.

ZywyPL

Banned
All i am saying m8 is, you have grown men and ladies on these posts, a lot of who have their own children, calling people kids is not a good look.
It is super condescending, and your starting a conversation of on tenterhooks.

You can call me a kid, i don't mind at all, but i am basically 50 going on 10, so that's ok with me.

but it will not sit well with a lot of users here, it's very disrespectful.

Well, if people are truly in their 40s or 50s and act like that, getting angry over some piece of plastic and accusing people left and right, then it actually just makes them look so much worse. It's so sad actually. But whatever, like I said, people do with their lives what they want, if people want to spend their lives on some defensive crusade over a toy then all power to them, I'm sure there's some sort of reward at the end of the road.

Kate's friend wants you all to stop making war and start making love.

Add Amanda Cerny to the party and we have a deal.

sircaw

Banned
Are you a radio DJ for Smooth FM or what? Lol

Someone was talking about how much he enjoyed putting his fingers up other people's bums, so i thought i would go find some music.

I am not going to judge Coulomb_Barrier Coulomb_Barrier , if he wants to be a dirty little deviant, who am i to judge.

and yes i love listening to music, and soon as people complain i will stop linking stuff, so far all ok.

JonnyMP3

Well, if people are truly in their 40s or 50s and act like that, getting angry over some piece of plastic and accusing people left and right, then it actually just makes them look so much worse. It's so sad actually. But whatever, like I said, people do with their lives what they want, if people want to spend their lives on some defensive crusade over a toy then all power to them, I'm sure there's some sort of reward at the end of the road.

Amanda was already on board!

zaitsu

Banned
dude, cerny has been going on about how ps5 is all about them next-gen games, am I right?
hopefully for you you havent already played spiderman :)
In the time i will be enjoying spiderman, tlou2 and got you will be playing some multiplat games that i wouldn't even look at not talking about wasting money for them. So be free to talk what you want, but im deeply sorry for Xbox mains for whole generation already.

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

Someone was talking about how much he enjoyed putting his fingers up other people's bums, so i thought i would go find some music.

I am not going to judge Coulomb_Barrier Coulomb_Barrier , if he wants to be a dirty little deviant, who am i to judge.

and yes i love listening to music, and soon as people complain i will stop linking stuff, so far all ok.
No. Not complaining. Just the old school music is giving me Smooth FM vibes. 👍

sircaw

Banned

I am not going to Defend geordiemp geordiemp on this, he is big, ugly, mean enough and old enough to do it himself.

but i will say this, for months on end now, this forum has been nothing more than a cesspit of misinformation and fud.

I think people are burnt out, perhaps tired of seeing the same things posted and reposted time and time again.

I am not technical at all, but I sense people are tired of having to defuse the same bomb time after time again.

And with that Segway

Peace

In the time i will be enjoying spiderman, tlou2 and got you will be playing some multiplat games that i wouldn't even look at not talking about wasting money for them. So be free to talk what you want, but im deeply sorry for Xbox mains for whole generation already.
my friend, contrary to you, I always buy both consoles.
since I've played spiderman enough, even chased every fuckin' pigeon around, I am wondering just how much more of the same map and its go-to missions I will be so excited for...
what is your estimation on your excitement?

So youre telling me that geoff had PS5 in his house ?
DOUBT
Its just a demo hyping Dualsense, its probably running on currentgen console.
lol, maybe you should have read on it before <<doubting>>
thats astro's playroom, running indeed in a ps5

Last edited:

geordiemp

well, you know, that's still 200% faster than the time it takes ps5 to load a level on astro's playroom

c'mon guys, call the quits on the trolling attempts.
I feel like stealing a church here :messenger_beaming:

Incorrect, that is the time the developers decided to show the tunnel travel. You do not know how quick the part loaded.

Just becasue a level loads in 1 second does not mean a portal has to show that, especialy a demo for kids.

Spiderman loaded in 0.8 seconds, does not mean they wont put up an information screen and expand it to 2 or 3 seconds does it.

Use your intelligence, you are better than this.

WHEN sony wanted to show ultra fast loading, they showed 0.8 seconds. In game portals can be dis-orientating.

Last edited:
I was in CEX the other day, buying Star Wars : Fallen Order for my brother. Guy behind the counter told me it's a great game. I remarked that I was waiting to play it on the PS5, in the hope the PS5 will use Pro mode (60fps). I also said it was funny how MS and Sony are playing chicken with one another over release dates and prices.

Guy told me Sony's actually terrified of MS right now, due to them having a better console and because it's clear MS are going to win this time around.

Had to work hard on not saying, "Okay, Craig".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom