• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sircaw

Banned
Its nota laptop, its not squeezing 115 Watts, and smart shift is every 2 ms so no it is not that at all.

And its funny Xbox fans keep going on about 2.23 Ghz and it wont be sustained because ps5 has to be weak, the games shown tell us otherwise. Is there something wrong ?

In fact, why is XSX so weak in halo. Why are no games shown on XSX ? Why is loading so slow in demos ? Why cant we see fast loading in action,.....Why was there disgusting pop in on Halo ?

The rumour from b3d that MS are still working on velocity architecture ? Are MS struggling, hardware bugs so close to release, should we be concerned if it is SUSTAINED :messenger_beaming: ?

mkgmOrK.png

If you want to be concerned, try looking at XSX for a change, we can all do FUD, every Ps5 FUD from now on will be countered.

I just read some of the hot chips bits from this forum, gosh, why does it always boil it down to that 15% + number Microsoft is more powerful dude comment.

Is that what people really care about from the Microsoft side.

Are multiplat games the only things that are important to you guys.

sigh, it's so sad,

OrionNebula

I went to bed, slept, woke up and he’a still going at it 😆

If it’s trolling, it’s trolling of the year contestant right here

There’s like 100 tweets like these and other, detailed stuff

FeiRR

Banned
I just read some of the hot chips bits from this forum, gosh, why does it always boil it down to that 15% + number Microsoft is more powerful dude comment.

sigh, it's so sad,
Well, to be honest, multiplatform games will be the only new games on XSX for a while so I can see a point.

ZywyPL

Banned
And you are FUD posting about smart shift, lol So I am FUD ing you back. We can play that game as well.

LMAO, here we go with the FUD again, the ultimate "argument", it used to be even funny like half a year ago but now it's nothing short of pathetic, especially when you just basically convinced that you purposely spread bullshit. Listen kid, if that will make you feel better I made a special sticker for you, just put in on the console and you will instantly have better sleep at night.

214-2147550-background-intel-logo-intel-inside-logo-hd-hd.png

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

sigh, it's so sad,
That's why I'm staying out of all the MS threads that discuss power and hardware...
I haven't got enough brain cells to filter through the mental Illness of the constant Dunning Kruger effect.
They get so angry if no one validates their opinion. Shit parenting is always the cause. Probably why they're so obsessed with Microsoft and Xbox. It was the only attention they got through their problematic childhoods.

geordiemp

LMAO, here we go with the FUD again, the ultimate "argument", it used to be even funny like half a year ago but now it's nothing short of pathetic, especially when you just basically convinced that you purposely spread bullshit. Listen kid, if that will make you feel better I made a special sticker for you, just put in on the console and you will instantly have better sleep at night.

Kid, my son is probably older than you are, and understands computers and physics better.

POwer is defined by how well code runs, its nota simple number like pixel fill rate or shader Maximum possibel TF ALU calculations.

MS have gone quiet on promoting their power message after seeing all ps5 games shown at native 4K with ray tracing. Funny that.

What has mS shown ?

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Well, to be honest, multiplatform games will be the only new games on XSX for a while so I can see a point.

yer it's just sad, I mean sony is approaching this new next-generation from a different perfective. that last post/video they made with the chick in the cave with the kraken., feel the sense, the touch, the audio, it's revolutionizing the way games are going to be made and played, and all i keep seeing is we got 15% more power bro.

How can people be so satisfied with such bland metrics, it's beyond me?

I am Playing uncharted 4 atm, driving around in Madagascar, it's bloody gorgeous, all it needs it instant load times, and I would be happy if this is the standard for next-gen in terms of graphics.

Give me something more, give me a next-gen experience, not just a shitty 15% that does not matter

Look at the switch, let's be honest, its hardware is laughable in terms of power, but look at the sales numbers. yes its also portable, and that is a massive deal but its unique games and experiences that people want.

Games, experiences, revolution, the 15% power increase is such a waste of time.

ZywyPL

Banned
Kid, my son is probably older than you are, and understands computers and physics better.

POwer is defined by how well code runs, its nota simple number like pixel fill rate or shader Maximum possibel TF ALU calculations.

MS have gone quiet on promoting tehir power message afetr seeing all ps5 games shown at native 4K with ray tracing. Funny that.

What has mS shown ?

Physical age and mental maturity are drastically different things. If you see someone not praising your beloved piece of plastic as a personal attach then clearly something is wrong with you. And gain, why do you keep bringin MS into the conversation, I don't get it?

4c78xe.jpg

Last edited:

geordiemp

Physical age and mental maturity are drastically different things. If you see someone not praising your beloved piece of plastic as a personal attach then clearly something is wrong with you. And gain, why do you keep bringin MS into the conversation, I don't get it?

ad hominem, the battle ground of the weak minded. I cant be bothered with that, I leave that to the less fortunate.

So we have a 12 TF machine designed in 2 boards as a server blade to run 4 instances of low res games, lots of hypervisor and virtual stuff, abstraction layers and a new velocity architecture. Put ina box that is XSX.

And you wonder why everfthing we seen so far is never shown actually running on an XSX ?

But phil has one at his house, honest, it works, we will show you one day.

Just doing what you are doing for ps5, fun isnt it, I can do this all day. Take a step back and look at your posts. I am just doing to you what you are doing to me.

Last edited:

zaitsu

Banned

214-2147550-background-intel-logo-intel-inside-logo-hd-hd.png
You're cringe.
Georgdiemp prove himself as someone who understand technology.
You ? You're just 12TF worshipper acting like having your PC CPU/GPU maxed all the time is good thing.

XsX with better cooling, and smartshift could be 15 TF beast expanding the gap between two consoles.

You should start asking question why they clocked their GPU so low ? Its like they always use 80% what its truly capable of. Its waste of budget and sillicon if you ask me.

OrionNebula

This guy, Tidux, the Italian guy, Foxy are all fake insiders. We need to ban their tweets from this thread.
The guy is claiming he’s not an insider left and right, though. Don’t really know him at all, just came across his stuff by accident

Even if you think it’s total garbage, you got to admit the guy put a LOT of work into this. There’s no denying a lot of time & research went into this (if you forget about dates and prices and whatnot, there’s still a lot of accurate, researched information in there... it doesn’t appear to me as vapid as some other insiders, like, perhaps, Foxy)

But like I said, I’m not familiar with the groovy world of ‘’insiders’’ 🙂

JonnyMP3

ad hominem, the battle ground of the weak minded. I cant be bothered with that, I leave that to the less fortunate.

So we have a 12 TF machine designed in 2 boards as a server blade to run 4 instances of low res games, lots of hypervisor and virtual stuff, abstraction layers and a new velocity architecture. Put ina box that is XSX.

And you wonder why everfthing we seeso far is never shown actually running on an XSX ?

But phil has one at his house, honest, it works, we will show you one day.

Just doing what you are doing for ps5, fun isnt it, I can do this all day.
Bro... Breathe...
Back away from the bait.

FeiRR

Banned
yer it's just sad, I mean sony is approaching this new next-generation from a different perfective. that last post/video they made with the chick in the cave with the kraken., feel the sense, the touch, the audio, it's revolutionizing the way games are going to be made and played, and all i keep seeing is we got 15% more power bro.

How can people be so satisfied with such bland metrics, it's beyond me?

I am Playing uncharted 4 atm, driving around in Madagascar, it's bloody gorgeous, all it needs it instant load times, and I would be happy if this is the standard for next-gen in terms of graphics.

Give me something more, give me a next-gen experience, not just a shitty 15% that does not matter

Look at the switch, let's be honest, its hardware is laughable in terms of power, but look at the sales numbers. yes its also portable, and that is a massive deal but its unique games and experiences that people want.

Games, experiences, revolution, the 15% power increase is such a waste of time.
Better hardware is always... better. When I bought PS4, I was happy to get 1080p in most games. I was overjoyed to play 64 player maps in BF in more than 20 FPS. When Pro came, I bought a 4k HDR TV and played HZD. It was like a whole new level, not just a mid-gen upgrade. Now I want better physics, smarter AI, even bigger scale of games. I'm okay with resolution if it's at least 1440p. I don't want to go back to 1080p anymore, it's awful. A friend wanted to play Remnant: from Ashes with me but it kept crashing. I googled that it has problems with higher resolution and you need to switch to 1080p. If not for that friend, I'd just delete that game.

If PS5 just plays PS4 games without any resolution improvements, I'll be disappointed.

sircaw

Banned
Better hardware is always... better. When I bought PS4, I was happy to get 1080p in most games. I was overjoyed to play 64 player maps in BF in more than 20 FPS. When Pro came, I bought a 4k HDR TV and played HZD. It was like a whole new level, not just a mid-gen upgrade. Now I want better physics, smarter AI, even bigger scale of games. I'm okay with resolution if it's at least 1440p. I don't want to go back to 1080p anymore, it's awful. A friend wanted to play Remnant: from Ashes with me but it kept crashing. I googled that it has problems with higher resolution and you need to switch to 1080p. If not for that friend, I'd just delete that game.

If PS5 just plays PS4 games without any resolution improvements, I'll be disappointed.

but that's not my point, ps4 is already going from 1.8 to 10+ so you are getting a massive jump in power and performance which you will def see and feel., i am talking about the 15% which is already on top of the Gigantic advancement in tech.

that small metric, which seems to be the standard that all Microsoft fanboys measure success by, that's all that seems important to them.

all i am is saying is, that seems a high waste to me

ZywyPL

Banned
You're cringe.
Georgdiemp prove himself as someone who understand technology.
You ? You're just 12TF worshipper acting like having your PC CPU/GPU maxed all the time is good thing.

I'm a 12TF worshiper when I have a 15TF GPU and enjoy 4K60 for a couple of years and I'm looking into upcoming 3080-3090 from NV, totally makes sense... Nice try kid, but no. And I see yet another one brings MSXB into the conversation out of nowhere, I'm starting to see a pattern here, however I'm still yet to understand what it has to do with Smartshift technology... :pie_thinking:

geordiemp

but that's not my point, ps4 is already going from 1.8 to 10+ so you are getting a massive jump in power and performance which you will def see and feel., i am talking about the 15% which is already on top of the Gigantic advancement in tech.

that small metric, which seems to be the standard that all Microsoft fanboys measure success by, that's all that seems important to them.

TF is like BHP of a car, a max theoretical but of just one part of the engine, not all parts.

How performance is it is put down on the road is what matters before we judge anything.

Nvidia dont claim TF, they say here is a 4k60 game performance or here is Ray tracing on game A.

Last edited:

FeiRR

Banned

It's in the boys' nature to compare ;) Also, Microsoft is an American company. I've always heard that "everything is bigger in America" and there's a lot of truth in it: wide streets, bigger portions in restaurants, cars with ridiculously big engines, why not consoles?

That highway bridge is the Benjamin Sheares Bridge. Been there since 1981. The Helix bridge has been there since 2010.
Singapore is a pretty small nation and an airport hub in Asia. Was pretty disappointed that it wasn't completely filled in.
Source: I am from Singapore :lollipop_smirking:
maybe singapore is one of the less detailed cities in flight simulator 2020, maybe its detail is filled up with the updates.
that set of bridges is definitely missing though, although there is a line of traffic crossing the water right now :] so maybe its a bug
anyway, I think there is enough stuff from your city to have some fun with until further fixed

sircaw

Banned
I'm a 12TF worshiper when I have a 15TF GPU and enjoy 4K60 for a couple of years and I'm looking into upcoming 3080-3090 from NV, totally makes sense... Nice try kid, but no. And I see yet another one brings MSXB into the conversation out of nowhere, I'm starting to see a pattern here, however I'm still yet to understand what it has to do with Smartshift technology... :pie_thinking:

Perhaps stop calling everyone kid, would be a better way to get your technical thoughts across. KID :messenger_grinning:

geordiemp geordiemp is as old as time itself, you could probably carbon date him.

Sorry Geodiemp, can't help myself, Born bad. "lollipop_disappointed:

sircaw

Banned
TF is like BHP of a car, a max theoretical but of just one part of the engine, not all parts.

How performance is it is put down on the road is what matters before we judge anything.

Nvidia dont claim TF, they say here is a 4k60 game performance or here is Ray tracing on game A.

Is there a reason you used a car analogy for me. Do i look like some Dukes of Hazzard redneck type to you?

FFS, now i am seriously offended.

Next you will be called me Scooter FFS, cry

AFK

Tulipanzo

i always wondered this myself, it does indeed seem wasteful
Well, the major problem is how you deal with potential temperature spikes for some users, which is how boost clocks normally work on PCs and phones.
Sony has to monitor power draw with a custom controller so that it can reliably hit those high clocks, unless MS did the same the SeX would just melt.

ArcaneNLSC

Best at 1000 feet for a landscape on PC with 64 GB RAM, rubbish up close. Totally irrelevant to all other games. This is not zoomed in its the cockpit view FFS.

lpbZXWe.png

Not seen on Xbox. Its a good flight sim, but thinking this is good graphics for gaming is hilarious.

2080ti with huge RAM for streaming (64 GB) looks good at distance. Thats it. LOL

I think I made a next gen game back in 2017

yIZiAMp.jpg

CSkT5tH.jpg

Last edited:

geordiemp

Well, the major problem is how you deal with potential temperature spikes for some users, which is how boost clocks normally work on PCs and phones.
Sony has to monitor power draw with a custom controller so that it can reliably hit those high clocks, unless MS did the same the SeX would just melt.

It is likley liquid metal interface patent to the heat sink has allot to say about efficient heat transfer and hot spots

zaitsu

Banned
Why you calling people kids ? Im 30, im MD, im successful. The only reason i won't buy 3090 its that cant play Sony games.

Simple as that.

I was PC guy myself. I had all consoles this generation. And my XoX was collecting dust because i dont have time to play another boring Assasins creed or call of duty. I dont care about most multiplatforms. Ive played RDR2, RE2 on xox and thats it. But i do care about Sony games. Because thats where i spent most time this gen. Sony means quality.

And if you have 1 hour per day to play, you don't want to waste it. Thats why i choose playstation. Quality over quantity. Maybe if i was a kid, had no money but much time to spend i would choose XSX. But even then i think i would be upset not playing GOW,TLOU or GOT. Damn i know i would.

sircaw

Banned

Nickolaidas

TGO TGO , on your next train, I call dibs on my avatar's head (which *is* a head, if you really think about it) sitting beneath Kate Beckinsale's breasts.

I called dibs, everyone. First come, first served.

ZywyPL

Banned
Perhaps stop calling everyone kid, would be a better way to get your technical thoughts across.

It's not my fault people are acting like ones, from all the people around the globe I have full control over just one individual, which is myself, what others to is totally up to them, if they want to fight over plastic boxes like little kids in a sandpit over Hot Wheels vs Matchbox the it their choice, but their responsibility and consequences as well, if you publicly act like that be prepared that someone can call you out for doing so.

geordiemp

maybe singapore is one of the less detailed cities in flight simulator 2020, maybe its detail is filled up with the updates.
that set of bridges is definitely missing though, although there is a line of traffic crossing the water right now :] so maybe its a bug
anyway, I think there is enough stuff from your city to have some fun with until further fixed

Why do people keep posting stuff running on an 2080ti and 64 GB of RAM for streaming in a console thread.

When you have some console footage come back.

Its irrelevant.

Dude I am playstation guy and I didn't touch TLOU2 and GOT yet. Some people didn't touch any sony exclusive in this generation and can play just that when PS5 release. And you telling me that some flight sim will be on XSX launch ? How sad is that xD
dude, cerny has been going on about how ps5 is all about them next-gen games, am I right?
hopefully for you you havent already played spiderman :)

sircaw

Banned
It's not my fault people are acting like ones, from all the people around the globe I have full control over just one individual, which is myself, what others to is totally up to them, if they want to fight over plastic boxes like little kids in a sandpit over Hot Wheels vs Matchbox the it their choice, but their responsibility and consequences as well, if you publicly act like that be prepared that someone can call you out for doing so.

All i am saying m8 is, you have grown men and ladies on these posts, a lot of who have their own children, calling people kids is not a good look.
It is super condescending, and your starting a conversation of on tenterhooks.

You can call me a kid, i don't mind at all, but i am basically 50 going on 10, so that's ok with me.

but it will not sit well with a lot of users here, it's very disrespectful.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Perhaps stop calling everyone kid, would be a better way to get your technical thoughts across. KID :messenger_grinning:

Took the words right out of my mouth. Calling someone 'kid' in order to sound condescending is so 2004. We are better than this.

Kate's friend wants you all to stop making war and start making love.

Now why don't we all agree that hot chicks are awesome and the PS5 and XSX are both going to be amazing?

geordiemp

All i am saying m8 is, you have grown men and ladies on there porsts, a lot of who have their own children, calling people kids is not a good look.
It is super condescending, and your starting a conversation of on tenterhooks.

You can call me a kid, i don't mind at all, but i am basically 50 going on 10, so that's ok with me.

but it will not sit well with a lot of users here, it's very disrespectful.

My son is 17 and 6 ft 4 and towers above me. Its like the kids these days have growth hormone injected at early age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom